Menu

We're vegan, but not gluten free. However, I'm making channa masala (chickpeas and potatoes in a tomato-based curry sauce), onion chutney, basmati and puri.

Actually, I guess everything but the puri is gluten free. And it does have plenty of protein.

(Ooops, I forgot to mention that I'm also putting some sliced tomatoes on the table.)

Oh my goodness, the absolute worse meal! Day 3 of the 3 day diet...I am so ready for real food! :)

1/2 cup tuna

1 cup cauliflower

1 carrot

1/2 cup vanilla ice cream...

YUCK! I don't even like vanilla ice cream! But it has definitely curbed my appetite and I"ve lost about 6 pounds...but I think it's because now I really don't want to eat :)

How about a baked potato drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkling of sea salt, and topped with veggies roasted w balsamic vinegar.

Or lentil tacos in corn tortillas or gf tortillas, or put it over tortilla chips.

I haven't made this yet, but it looks so good everytime I see it:

http://kblog.lunchboxbunch.com/2012/02/easy-sweet-potato-veggie-burgers-with.html

You'd have to sub other gf flour and gf breadcrumbs for the Panko and have gf buns.

If dairy's okay, this is delicious with lots of fresh cilantro:

http://steamykitchen.com/10989-indian-dal-nirvana.html

We're having coleslaw made with a garlic vinaigrette instead of mayo, and I add very small pieces of broccoli and cauliflower for added crunch. Even my picky veggie eater devours this. Served with sloppy joes. Easy, but meat.

We're having organic corn tortilla chips w/cheesy refried bean dip, mashed sweet potatoes, salad. Weird combo, I know. I'm actually doubling up because we're bringing a meal to a family that can't have beef, soy, eggs, or nuts. Should've stuck some chicken in there somewhere. Oh well.

quinoa or brown rice and chickpeas with roasted veggie puree! I use butternut squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes, subbing more/less of whatever I have. roast with w EVOO then puree with a little salt/pepper and broth to make a sauce. Fresh thyme is a bonus. My kids love it with parmesan poured over pasta. Kind of like mac n cheese.

Totally uninspired about dinner tonight. What's gluten-free and vegetarian but full of protein and not something I've eaten a hundred times this year so far already?

I just pulled out a spinach lasagna from the oven. GF noodles, of course. Do you eat cheese? I used cottage cheese in it. I got the recipe from the Gluten Free Cooking for Dummies.

I love making lasagna because I can make it earlier in the day, and just reheat for dinner time.

I had a dinner party this past weekend. Everything I made was vegetarian, dairy free, and gluten free. I made:

Roasted Veggies- super easy. Slice any veggies you want, drizzle with olive oil, add salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary. Roast at 350 for about 15-20 min.

Quinoa salad- basically make quinoa and and add any fresh veggies you want. I added cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, watercress, fresh parsley, and lemon juice w/lemon zest.

Edited by Kleine Hexe

Mmm. I usually don't like what is posted on that blog, but I wish I had made this for dinner. I am definitely putting that one on the meal plan.

I started out making a spinach & chik pea fritter, but then I saw all the cans of black beans in the fridge and realized I like spinach pancakes a lot without chik peas in them, and so I just boiled red & black beans down in a vegetarian brother with garam masala, made spinach pancakes, and served on top of rice noodles. I didn't like it, but three of the four menfolk I was feeding scarfed it down.