Menu

Bacon, along with any other pork product, makes me really ill. I'm intolerant. I can't even stand the smell anymore, by association. (I have to check labels on pies, too, in case they used lard in the crust.)

I do like turkey bacon, though

So, I come back to this thread to find that you have not only desecrated the name of my beloved Nutella, but you bring my man into this?????

I can assure Alex hates bacon as much as I do. In fact, we had this very discussion over breakfast this morning.

I think I shall unfriend you all.

:D

So, I come back to this thread to find that you have not only desecrated the name of my beloved Nutella, but you bring my man into this?????

I can assure Alex hates bacon as much as I do. In fact, we had this very discussion over breakfast this morning.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: He's Swedish!! Doesn't he have to like bacon by law or something?? Bacon is better than eel at least! :tongue_smilie:

:lol::lol: I adore you!

Just wondering. I'm starting to feel like a weirdo. Well, feeling like a weirdo actually has little to do with the fact that I don't like bacon. But anyway, I'd like to know if I'm the lone bacon hater in the world.

Meh. I can take it or leave it. I like it crumbled up in salads and such.

:lol::lol: He's Swedish!! Doesn't he have to like bacon by law or something?? Bacon is better than eel at least! :tongue_smilie:

The only thing Swedish men have to like is being naked. That's a law that Alex told me about. And he talked about it on Regis and Kelly. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: I adore you!

The feeling is mutual! :001_smile:

lol i don't think its weird to not like bacon but ppl think i am weird because i dont like chocolate, ice cream, or candy and never have
I don't think you're weird, I don't like those things either, and never have! When we were little my brother told me I was adopted because I didn't like milk or sweets/candy! :lol: The only dessert I liked was my grandma's boysenberry pie. She would try to be at our place around my Birthday so she could make her scrumptious pie for me, since I did NOT like cake! :D

So I'm quite strange: I don't like bacon, I don't like most sweets (though I learned, in college, to like brownies and fudge :glare:), I don't eat meat, I go to Church on Saturday (a whole diff. story ;) ) and I homeschool! :001_huh: How strange can you get?! :tongue_smilie: :D

Oh, but I DO like Nutella! :D

DH and I ate the best appetizer EVER at a restaurant in St. Louis (Shaved Duck). It was -- wait for it -- bacon :drool5: with pears, walnuts and maple syrup. Is 12 hrs. too far to drive for more of that bacon?

I'd go well out of my way to try that.

I'm reminded of a contestant on Top Chef (a televised cooking competition) who made this masterpiece of bacon, woven together and painted with miso. It was a magnificent Tapestry o' Bacon. I've always meant to try that myself.