Menu

DH's Employment, prayers please!

Dh's been working so hard on trying to find a new job. Finally he's getting calls for interviews from applications made 3 & 4 months ago! Yesterday's phone interview was the most promising yet, "Don't accept any other offers until we get you ours!"

Offer, what a powerful word. It's the first we've heard it in this job hunt.

They called back same day to schedule another phone interview on Monday.

It's good to be hopeful.

Holy God,

We know so many are looking for work. Please look favorably on CalicoKat's husband and bring relief from unemployment to their family. I would also like to ask prayers for my own son who is putting in an application today for which he is supremely qualified but which pay is very low. Please hear the cries of our people who are suffering with umemployment, underemployment and stagnant or falling salaries while prices keep rising. Provide hope and calmness for us.

Amen

Holy God,

We know so many are looking for work. Please look favorably on CalicoKat's husband and bring relief from unemployment to their family. I would also like to ask prayers for my own son who is putting in an application today for which he is supremely qualified but which pay is very low. Please hear the cries of our people who are suffering with umemployment, underemployment and stagnant or falling salaries while prices keep rising. Provide hope and calmness for us.

Amen

Amen! Thanks everyone.

Holy God,

Amen

agreeing.

I just lifted up a prayer for you and your family. Thank you for encouraging me today by sharing. Do keep us posted!

Blessings,

Lucinda

P.S. My dh is out of work now too, trying to decide about retraining through a cc program or whatever he can fine. These are certainly tough times for families!

Holy God,

Amen

Amen

So the hiring manager sent him an email asking a bunch of technical Q&A yesterday. DH got his response written out and back to him already and he feels confident he nailed it.

AND he's negotiated and got a contract job with a Financial Planner calling mortgage companies to settle folk's second mortgages & credit card balances. :) It's piece meal but it will bring in some cash. He can do a few or as many as he wants to and the understanding is that if he gets the other job it's going to be his 2nd job. No benefits, commission only. It could work. It's a company of a friend who's swamped right now. If he doesn't get the other job this contract can provide a full-time remote income

AND we got approved for Badger Care for the whole family. :) We're hoping to have our cards in hands before the next COBRA payment so we can cancel that. That's a huge boost to the budget. Badger Care will be retroactive to our application date in January. :D Two of our kids already are per their adoption assistance package.

Yesterday was a really good day.

:hurray::hurray::hurray:

So the hiring manager sent him an email asking a bunch of technical Q&A yesterday. DH got his response written out and back to him already and he feels confident he nailed it.

AND he's negotiated and got a contract job with a Financial Planner calling mortgage companies to settle folk's second mortgages & credit card balances. :) It's piece meal but it will bring in some cash. He can do a few or as many as he wants to and the understanding is that if he gets the other job it's going to be his 2nd job. No benefits, commission only. It could work. It's a company of a friend who's swamped right now. If he doesn't get the other job this contract can provide a full-time remote income

AND we got approved for Badger Care for the whole family. :) We're hoping to have our cards in hands before the next COBRA payment so we can cancel that. That's a huge boost to the budget. Badger Care will be retroactive to our application date in January. :D Two of our kids already are per their adoption assistance package.

Since you know you are approved starting January, I would cancel Cobra even if you don't have the cards in hand. If you need to go to the doctor before you have the cards, the provider can look you up in the Badgercare system and see that you are covered and get your member number from there. No point in paying extra Cobra payments if you don't have to.

Since you know you are approved starting January, I would cancel Cobra even if you don't have the cards in hand. If you need to go to the doctor before you have the cards, the provider can look you up in the Badgercare system and see that you are covered and get your member number from there. No point in paying extra Cobra payments if you don't have to.

Thank you! I didn't realize they'd be able to look it up. :) Even better.