Menu

I've retired my bOOks. commiserate with me..

OP here. I just had to share. Obviously, I've been feeling blue about this. Last night as I was getting DS in his PJs DH asked if DS had been asking for milk (signing). Just then (go figure :tongue_smilie:) DS signed milk & I responded that it was 'all gone' like the night prior, expecting a little fuss (older boys would claw at my shirt & really be upset). He threw his head back & did a totally fake 'waaaaahhhh' and then looked at me & laughed. It was so sweet. :001_wub:

Our kids are almost the exact same age as yours...baby DS turns 1 in less than 2 weeks! We've been slowly backing off some, and I'll start weaning in earnest come March (I have a trip in April and need to be done by then). I'm looking forward to more freedom, but also really sad to leave this phase behind! I've been pg or nursing for 7 1/2 of the past 10 years...

:grouphug:

My last one weaned on her own at almost 10 months because of a head cold. I managed to pump for the 5 days or so it took her to get over it, but by then she wanted to nip rather than nurse. :001_huh: <sigh> It's hard to let it go . . .

:grouphug:

Mama Anna