Menu

Men's undie question

Where else but here would I dare ask such questions?? :tongue_smilie::blushing:

Hubby has asked that no more Walmart undies grace his dresser (so, no Hanes or Fruit of the Loom). He's ready for an upgrade. Not that I blame him, I'm all about quality these days myself.

The problem is that he has no clue what he wants, and would never go shopping :001_rolleyes:, so I'm left to figure out what to do. (and hope that he doesn't catch me posting all of this on a public forum! :lol:)

So, I'm in need of recomendations for very comfortable briefs (even better if they are in fun colors), and sleeved undershirts that are on the longer side for tucking and don't shrink.

Help a gal out? Thank you :lol: :blushing:

:bigear: :bigear:

Tell your dh that if he won't go shopping with you for the undies, you'll just have to ask all the men you meet in the men's department what they would recommend. And perhaps a few of them might like to model a few options for you... :tongue_smilie:

He'll be on his way to the mall with you in no time. :D

Jockey and Calvin Klein, as per my dh and sons. The boys still do like the higher quality Hanes items.

I didn't know there were "higher quality" Hanes. I had ordered some directly from Hanes.com several years ago... Thanks for the recommendations!

My DH and son love the GAP boxer briefs.

Thanks!

Tell your dh that if he won't go shopping with you for the undies, you'll just have to ask all the men you meet in the men's department what they would recommend. And perhaps a few of them might like to model a few options for you...

He'll be on his way to the mall with you in no time.

I told him this was like me asking him to find some new feminine products for me! :lol: His one flaw is that he hates to shop, and I can live with that. He's usually more than happy to just use whatever I buy for him, so I really can't complain that he's making his own requests.

For undershirts I'm resigned to buying only Stafford talls from JCP. Maybe their briefs would work for you as well? The all-cotton shirts are nice and thick and last a long time; the talls really are long in the torso. Not cheap, but worth it.

Thanks for this! I bought Jockey undershirts last year because I heard they don't shrink as much. While nicer quality, they still shrink just as bad...and this is his primary clothing during the summer (he just throws nice shirts on over them when he goes out), so it really would be nice to find some quality ones that don't shrink.

DH wears Calvin Klein from Amazon or this gorgeous brand 2xist we get from the fancy men's store. (He looks so good in those!!! :lol: )

Thank you for reminding me DH needs new underwear!!!

:lol::lol: I like how you think!

Dh likes Jockey.

Two votes for Jockey- thanks!

My DH gets Calvin's from TJMAXX and they are no more expensive than Walmart unders. My DH prefers the gray, too. They are great.

Ahhh, good to know! I'm headed that way tomorrow anyway- thank you!

I bought my son some nicer ones in Kohls. My hubby was happy with the basic white ones...but Kohls has a nice selection of nice fabrics without being too wild!

Any ideas on the brand?

My dh, would freak if I called his underwear... undies.

I think dh is going to freak that I brought this to the Hive in the first place!

I learn something new everyday. I thought "Fruit of the loom" was a higher quality underwear.

Is there a noticeable difference between "Fruit of the Loom" and a higher quality brand?

The band stretches out pretty quick, and as a whole just look ratty and stretched out in less time than they really should. Plus, he informs me that the stitching pokes unpleseasantly. You'd think that in 15 years he would have mentioned this before, but no. Shrug.

You are a very nice wife. My dh is very picky about his socks and underwear so I never buy them. I make him buy his own.

Hey- I'll shop, and he'll stay home with all of the children for the day. Seems like a pretty good trade :lol:

Kilt

:D:D

I'm still trying to get him to sport some chaps for me....one step at a time

Nautica in my opinion.

I've been reading too much Homer...I read that as "Nausicaa is an option." And all I could think was, "But Odysseus probably wasn't even wearing underwear when she saw him, so why...oh. Wait. Right."

My dh, would freak if I called his underwear... undies:lol:.

Manpanties? :)

I'm reading this thread and the recommendations. So, being the good wife that I am, I went to Amazon to check on different brands, such as Calvin Klein. Normally we just do Fruit of the Loom from Walmart because of the sheer number that we need to buy here, and it is convenient. I had not thought of getting better ones. Now I have to think of sizes and how they may differ. He is in Ohio, so I can't measure him. :( Do CK ones (or Jockey) run smaller, same, or bigger than Fruit of the Loom?

I'm reading this thread and the recommendations. So, being the good wife that I am, I went to Amazon to check on different brands, such as Calvin Klein. Normally we just do Fruit of the Loom from Walmart because of the sheer number that we need to buy here, and it is convenient. I had not thought of getting better ones. Now I have to think of sizes and how they may differ. He is in Ohio, so I can't measure him. :( Do CK ones (or Jockey) run smaller, same, or bigger than Fruit of the Loom?

I'm interested to know to if these brands run small, average or larger than walmart types (FOL, Hanes, etc)

I always buy my dh new underwear when he returns from deployment because the ones he takes with look awful by the time the ship laundry gets done with them. He's not even allowed to bring them home from the ship once he returns. I have until late spring-early summer to purchase so I can do my research. I hate of the FOL or Hanes ones look like saggy, baggy elephant drawers within no time after a wash or two.

My boys love the Target specific brand for them and they do hold up well, but they don't have ones for men that hold up very well.

I'm still trying to get him to sport some chaps for me....one step at a time

:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Hubba hubba!!!

And I probably don't even need to mention this, but you know we'll be expecting pictures, right?

For personal modesty reasons, you can feel free to blur out his face, but we'll need to see the other parts.

ALL of the other parts.

And don't forget the rear view.

For educational purposes, of course. ;)

:drool5: :drool5:

Hubba hubba!!!

And I probably don't even need to mention this, but you know we'll be expecting pictures, right?

For personal modesty reasons, you can feel free to blur out his face, but we'll need to see the other parts.

ALL of the other parts.

And don't forget the rear view

For educational purposes, of course..;)

Not a chance :tongue_smilie:

Mine, all mine :D:D:lol::lol: