Menu

Do you know a potty training song?

Not really a song, but to work with my son on urinating in the potty, we played a game...

I'd throw a square of toilet paper in the water and he'd try to sink it with his weewee stream. Some people do something similar with cheerios.

When successful, we'd chant "peepee on the t.p.!" (I think there's a similar chant in a movie...maybe Big Daddy? Where they chant "Peepee in the pot-tee!")

He still does a little dance and sings the chant to this day as a joke (he's six now).

LOL, I can still sing, "Yes, I'm going to the potty, potty. Oh, I'm going to the potty, potty." (Note the ages of my children in my signature. Oops. My youngest is 7 now. Better change that.)

It's from the Once Upon a Potty video. It's based on a book, same title, by Alona Frankel. Whose name I *still* remember. My children watched the video and we read the book so many times that I'll bet I could still recite it from memory. :tongue_smilie:

Cat

Signing Time just came out with their Potty Time dvd and cd. :) The rest of their music is pretty catchy so I'd guess that is, too!

I find that the main Signing Time song* can be used for just about anything :) "There's singing time and dancing time and laughing time and playing time, and now it is our favorite time: potty time!" lol :) I've used it! (Also, cleaning time, eating time, sleeping time...)

*The pictures used for this video are really dumb, as per typical youtube videos, but it's the only one I can find.

To the tune of "I've been working on the railroad."

We go peepee (or poopoo) in the potty, ev-er-ry day. We go peepee in the potty, then we flush it all away. We go peepee in the potty, (child's name) is a (big girl.. we go peepee in the potty, then we do a twirl.) (big boy... we go peepee in the potty, then we jump for joy).

Made it up... all the kids have gotten a kick out of it. :D

We had the song from the potty video with the birthday party and the clown. I can't remember what it was called, as the video was bizarre, but the song stuck: "You are a super duper pooper. You can potty with the best. No more diapers to get in your way. We are really impressed." And so on...

:iagree:

"Child's-name is a super-duper pooper. He knows when he has to go. Take a bow, you're a big kid now. You're the best pooper we know."

LOL, I can still sing, "Yes, I'm going to the potty, potty. Oh, I'm going to the potty, potty." (Note the ages of my children in my signature. Oops. My youngest is 7 now. Better change that.)

It's from the Once Upon a Potty video. It's based on a book, same title, by Alona Frankel. Whose name I *still* remember. My children watched the video and we read the book so many times that I'll bet I could still recite it from memory. :tongue_smilie:

Cat

I can sing that too and wish I couldn't! Can't get it out of my mind. It pops up more often than I'd like it to! Ds 19 and ds 17 can still sing it. :tongue_smilie: Not sure it's right to do that to a kid! :lol:

• 1 month later...
Not really a song, but to work with my son on urinating in the potty, we played a game...

I'd throw a square of toilet paper in the water and he'd try to sink it with his weewee stream. Some people do something similar with cheerios.

When successful, we'd chant "peepee on the t.p.!" (I think there's a similar chant in a movie...maybe Big Daddy? Where they chant "Peepee in the pot-tee!")

He still does a little dance and sings the chant to this day as a joke (he's six now).

I have heard, "pee pee, come out of me!" chant

Signing Time just came out with their Potty Time dvd and cd. :) The rest of their music is pretty catchy so I'd guess that is, too!

We LOVE Potty Time. We sing the songs and talk about the ideas all the time. It's just so great on every level.