Menu

Amazon Prime and the week before Christmas

Is it standard that Amazon Prime 2 day shipping does not work at this time of year? This is the first year that I have had it.

I ordered something December 16 and it just came yesterday, the 22nd, even though the estimate said Dec. 19.

Then I ordered one other thing on Dec. 17, it estimated delivery Dec. 21 (Wed) and it still hasn't come. Tracking the package just says it left the seller's facility. We've already gotten our mail today. I suppose that it might come tomorrow, but I picked up a replacement thing today just in case.

Everything I ordered arrived on time. :confused: That probably doesn't make you feel better.

Actually, scratch that - I did have an order that took forever... or it seemed like forever... and then got a note from Amazon that the seller had not responded, and the order had been cancelled. Or something to that effect, I may have the wording wrong.

Have you been tracking all the items? Are they arriving via UPS? Our UPS guys are driving around late, late at night here. And I saw the USPS carrier driving through around 7 last night - I was shocked. So they are working hard, maybe things are just delayed?

Hoping your goodies arrive soon!

Did the items have the Amazon Prime symbol next to them? It only applies to those with the symbol. Not everything on Amazon is a Prime item.

If so, I'd say that is unusual. I ordered things on Tuesday that arrived on Thursday this week. I've been a Prime member for years, and there have only been a few cases when items did not arrive in time, which was due to weather issues.

If it's listed as prime eligible it does typically come in the two days until lately. We've had prime for several years and I can't recall an issue until recently including holidays like Christmas. Recently that hasn't always been true and this is unusual in my experience.

We do a lot of Amazon ordering. I've noticed that some of our prime orders around Thanksgiving (before and after) and also early to mid December had estimated delivery dates various amounts out from two days.

For example Christmas gifts I purchased on the 8th (all listed in stock at Amazon and Prime Eligible and I did prime shipping) had delivery dates and arrived on the 12th through 14th. This is really unusual and I don't know what the deal was. Usually if it says prime eligible you get it in two days.

I've had prime for years and years and usually no problems.

This year I did have a few gifts that took three to four days and one I had to do an online chat with amazon yesterday cause they had it going usps and its status seemed stuck to me. So amazon changed it to one day shipping and I did get it today.

I don't believe it would have come in time if I hadn't contacted them. They never did explain what the hold up was though.

Hubby and I pretty much got EVERYTHING for Christmas from Amazon this year. We have Prime and everything we ordered was here within 2 days. I'm sure the Fed-Ex and UPS guys are tired of coming here. They've been here everyday for the past week with deliveries. :D I just go my last shipment today. I ordered it on Wed.

I've had no problem until today. I ordered two items (same order) early on Wednesday and the delivery estimate was today. One item arrived and one didn't. :glare:

In contrast, four minutes before the Friday delivery deadline on Wednesday evening, I ordered a Kindle. It arrived today.

I'm really annoyed the one item (Stomp Rockets) didn't make it. I had no notice from Amazon, and when I checked the tracking it was still sitting in Kentucky. I hope it's here Tuesday.

I've had no problem until today. I ordered two items (same order) early on Wednesday and the delivery estimate was today. One item arrived and one didn't. :glare:

In contrast, four minutes before the Friday delivery deadline on Wednesday evening, I ordered a Kindle. It arrived today.

I'm really annoyed the one item (Stomp Rockets) didn't make it. I had no notice from Amazon, and when I checked the tracking it was still sitting in Kentucky. I hope it's here Tuesday.

You might get it tomorrow - they're doing Saturday delivery at UPS, FedEx and the USPS, so you can still hope!

Are you sure you chose 2-day shipping at checkout? Sometimes it defaults to standard shipping and you have to change it. Your delivery estimates make me think that's what happened.

I agree - EVERYTHING (and I made many orders in the past few weeks) came either UPS or Ensenda when I checked two-day on the order page....except one item, which was still two-day delivery ONCE IT WAS SHIPPED!!!! ;)

If stuff is coming via USPS then it was not two-day shipping!

Are you sure you chose 2-day shipping at checkout? Sometimes it defaults to standard shipping and you have to change it. Your delivery estimates make me think that's what happened.

The delivery estimates were because of the weekend, I assumed. Yes, I did 2 day shipping.

If stuff is coming via USPS then it was not two-day shipping!

I get some two-day Prime things through USPS. It is usually just a single book or dvd.

I ordered a dvd at 11:00PM on Saturday night, it was in my mailbox before noon on MONDAY. I don't even know how that's possible.

All my orders have come in two days except for one package that was supposed to be here Monday but came Tuesday instead. That was delivered by OnTrac.

OP- hope you get your package.

Wow, I'm really surprised to hear that. I have never received Amazon shipments via USPS. I thought 2-day shipping meant guaranteed UPS delivery. I love seeing the UPS drive up my driveway!

I just looked at my recent order that came through USPS (1 dvd in the order). It was started through FedEx so it must be some kind of partnership between FedEx and USPS. I can see that particular order originated in a warehouse about 75 miles from my house. So, this probably only works for them when the item doesn't have very far to go. When my stuff comes from Kentucky, it is always UPS.:001_smile:

Sorry for your troubles. Everything I have been ordering Prime has come as expected except one product which they told me at the time of ordering that while I would get free shipping, and even two day shipping, it wouldn't be ready to be shipped until after the New Year. That was okay with me.

Same here. Sometimes books are available to order before they are actually in the warehouse. This happens once in a while with me, but otherwise I get everything on time. Amazon Prime is fantastic and I use it frequently. Don't know what I'd do without it actually.

Blessings,

Lucinda

What I noticed was that there was a delay in processing before shipping of 1-3 days then the two day shipping for items. It didn't happen on everything but several items I ordered this year worked that way. I was alittle disappointed but still I have received everything I ordered by yesterday.

My husband works for UPS and all the guys laugh at how many packages they have to deliver to our house. I just tell them I'm helping to keep them all empolyed.

In my case, it was a Fed ex problem. My items were shipped on the 19th and put on my local Fed Ex truck for delivery on the 21st. It was never delivered. It was put back on the truck on the 22nd, so I got it late evening on the 3rd day. I actually called Fed Ex and they said they deliver until 10:00 and then just put everything back on the truck the next day to try again once they run out of hours. I live in a populated area, so I guess they were just overrun with packages. Clearly this was not Amazon's fault, but still you're not getting what you signed up for.