Menu

New GMAIL look

I don't know why gmail, FB, pretty much all of this stuff just keeps getting worse and uglier. Pinterest seems to be the only place that's still okay. I still hate the new FB.

My husband, the computer programmer, says *all the time 'Oh, we've got a new version of suchandsuch now. Look honey, the icon is a new color, and the text is different, and they moved everything! Yay! Gotta keep the programmers in their jobs, right? :glare:'

FWIW, my dh HATES 'revisions' of things that are not improvements, but simply changes. Drives him batty.

I keep clicking that I just want to go to the old version.

I don't know why gmail, FB, pretty much all of this stuff just keeps getting worse and uglier. Pinterest seems to be the only place that's still okay. I still hate the new FB.

Facebook, especially. It worked fine, but since 2 or 3 updates ago? It's not working right on my phone. Notifications pop up, but when I click them nothing happens. It's super annoying.

Guest submarines
Well, I just got the new firefox. I hate it.

I've been clicking on "remind me later" for days now, on both gmail and firefox. I wonder how long can I stall? :001_huh:

I HATE it.

I changed it back to the old look. I hope they keep the old look as an option because I really don't like the new one.

Remember New Coke?

YES I DO! IT WAS AWFUL! WHAT WERE THEY THINKING???

I hate the new gmail, too, and it's the account I have to use for work. :glare:

I thought it was just because I hate change, so I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't impressed with the new version.

Those of you that hate it ... in general, would you say that you dislike change? I'm just curious. I dislike lots of things when they change, not so much because of the actual changes but because I just really hate change. It kills me whenever my usual stores change their layouts!

I'm curious about the new gmail look, but haven't yet switched over. I'm still using the Classic view at Yahoo!Mail, too. The one change I couldn't avoid was when they changed the Yahoo!Groups look and format. I don't do FB, but I imagine the change to it is somewhat similar to what I went through with Yahoo!Groups. I just stopped using it entirely. I'm too old a dog to be learning new tricks!

Those of you that hate it ... in general, would you say that you dislike change? I'm just curious.

I admit that I do not like change; however, I really dislike it. It just seems, can't think of the way that I want to describe it, washed-out. The Facebook change was horrible. I haven't been on Facebook since the end of October. Before the change I was on there every day. It's just a mess. I'd go to Google plus if most used it, but people are still clinging to FB.

Those of you that hate it ... in general, would you say that you dislike change?

I don't dislike change. I tried the new gmail and hated it. I sent them feedback, and am using the old way. Unfortunately they will probably make us all switch to the new version eventually. FWIW, I've adjusted to the facebook changes, but I didn't hate them to begin with. I thought they were unnecessary, but didn't dislike the new facebook the way I dislike the new gmail.

I'd say I don't mind if I can see a reason for the change. I was in a grocery store today that has completely changed their layout. Couldn't find stuff at first, but I can see how this makes sense overall.

I don't see what benefits there will be from the gmail change.

And I don't see why everyone needs to make the change.

I don't like the new gmail because it takes a lot longer to access the calendar function and the Google reader. The calendar used to be a tab at the top, now you have to hover over the google logo, hover over more, and then click calendar. I also wish I could still use the background that I had before (the desk one), but they got rid of it.

I don't like the new gmail because it takes a lot longer to access the calendar function and the Google reader. The calendar used to be a tab at the top, now you have to hover over the google logo, hover over more, and then click calendar. I also wish I could still use the background that I had before (the desk one), but they got rid of it.

:001_huh: I just opened my Gmail, and Calendar is one of the tab options at the top of my screen in the black bar. Maybe it looks different for those who don't have Google+? The Calendar is also accessible in one click in the left sidebar.

Edited by WordGirl

I don't dislike change. I tried the new gmail and hated it. I sent them feedback, and am using the old way. Unfortunately they will probably make us all switch to the new version eventually. FWIW, I've adjusted to the facebook changes, but I didn't hate them to begin with. I thought they were unnecessary, but didn't dislike the new facebook the way I dislike the new gmail.

I usually grumble, and don't think to send feedback; I'll have to do that with gmail!

Okay, the new gmail must really stink if you guys aren't sticks-in-the-mud (like me) about changes -- and y'all still all hate it. As much as I hate change, I hate not knowing stuff, too LOL. I'm going to log in under my sister's name and change her gmail to the new format and see what the talk is all about. She embraces change, it'll be good for her :D (I'm not tech-saavy and worry that if I change it to the new format, I won't get my old format back! <-- this is how I know I'm officially middle-aged, BTW. Technology has surpassed my abilities and interests!)