Menu

Do you wear rings?

Other than a wedding band, do you have rings that you wear regularly? Many years ago, I had one that fit on my right index finger but I outgrew it and gave it to dd19. I want a new ring and I'm wondering what finger I want to wear it on. Dumb question, I know. :tongue_smilie:

I wear from 0-6 depending on my mood on any given day. My wedding ring is on the usual finger. My engagement ring is a bit unusual and does not go well with the wedding band on the same finger so I wear it on the middle finger, left hand.

I have a few others that I wear on a variety of other fingers depending on what I"m doing or feeling on a particular day. Some days my allergies act up and I swell so badly I can't wear any.

I wear my engagement ring mostly - sometimes I'll add my wedding ring, but my engagement ring is a three stone ring and works nicely on its own.

On my right hand I'll sometimes wear a birthstone ring my dad gave me years ago. When we're going out, I have a couple of different cocktail rings I'll switch between depending on mood if I'm going to wear a ring.

I wear a simple band of gold and diamonds on my right index finger. Dear One bought me alarge Momento Mori (Remember your mortality) ring in the shape of a skull with red eyes (It sounds garish, but it is really a beautiful 18K gold ring). This I wear on my left index finger. Neither are wedding bands. I never leave home without putting these two rings on my hands.

Other than a wedding band, do you have rings that you wear regularly? Many years ago, I had one that fit on my right index finger but I outgrew it and gave it to dd19. I want a new ring and I'm wondering what finger I want to wear it on. Dumb question, I know. :tongue_smilie:

I do, but it depends on the outfit and my mood as to which ring and which finger. I really like funky costume jewellery, and rings are a lot of fun for me. I always wear my wedding band, but I don't do engagement rings on principle, so I've got plenty of finger room for fun stuff.

I wear my wedding band and engagement ring on my left ring finger (white gold and diamond) and my college ring on my right ring finger (yellow gold). I graduated from Texas A&M where the ring style is one standard and hasn't changed ever, so it is a symbol that unites all Aggies. I often meet other Aggies simply because we notice each other's class rings. Also, it was lost for about 8 years and so I am extremely happy to have it back!

Nope... can't stand rings so I wear just my wedding rings, which took forever to get used to wearing.

I don't always wear it because I usually take it off at night and I forget to put it on in the morning. However, when I leave the house I make a point to put it on.

My engagement ring is another story. I will sometimes wear it. My fingers are so small that my ring size is 3. Who wears a size three ring? Little kids and me. My husband bought a .5 carat solitaire diamond ring. Unfortunately the diamond is mounted on 4 prongs and catches on everything. I've ended up with gashes on my ring finger because of this, and so I rarely wear my engagement ring. When the money becomes available, I will either have the diamond remounted to sit closer to the ring base, or I will have it made into a necklace.

Claire in NM