Menu

Do you send cards? (not Christmas related)

I don't usually send birthday cards. I send new baby cards to friends/family who are out of town. In- town folks get a meal and a present. :001_smile: I do send out sympathy cards and a personal note if someone I know experiences a death in the family. The only other cards I mail are for Mothers Day and Fathers Day (all of our family is out of town).

I have no problem *buying* cards.

Its the whole, "put something in them to personalize, put it in the envelope, seal it, address it, stamp it, put it in the mail box" thing that I get messed up on :tongue_smilie:

Me too - especially the personalize part. I actually bought a book called "How to Say It" so I could learn how to write notes.

Yes, I just sent out a sympathy card and a friendship card today to a dear friend who just lost her father. I admit I send less cards than I used to though.

Yes but I prefer ones with blank insides, giving me more space to write.

My college roommate sends me a set of 4 or 5 cards every year for Christmas - she travels around the world quite a bit, and makes stationary from photos she takes. Her last set was tile mosaics from the Andalusia region of Spain. :) I've found that since I have these beautiful cards on hand I send far more cards now - especially sympathy, thank you, get well, and things like that (I'm worse with birthdays :tongue_smilie:).

Anyway, I'm thinking about copying my friend and giving little sets of stationary for Christmas (postage stamps included).