Menu

What do I want for Christmas? And what do *you* want?

Last night, my husband asked what I would like for Christmas. I don't really have any ideas. We are not huge gift shoppers - last year he gave me a boxed DVD set and a book I wanted, and by sheer coincidence I gave him the same. This year he suggested that I might like an iPad. (!!!) That's a lot more than we would normally spend on each other, and I'm torn between not wanting to spend the money and totally wanting an iPad.

*Do* I want an iPad? What more reasonably-priced things might I want? I am usually pretty specific, because he's not the best or most enthusiastic shopper, so "I would want him to surprise me with something thoughtful" isn't going to fly. ;) And what do you want your husband to give you?

We don't do wish lists. So, it's not like I have a mental list of what I want.

I know I, personally, wouldn't want an iPad. We actually have one in the house that no one uses, and I'm not especially big on gadgets. My husband replaced my old cell phone and iPod Touch with an iPhone months ago, and I'm still getting used to it.

In general, I like books.

I would enjoy an iTunes gift card so I can buy more music without guilt.

I was thinking the other day how much I miss my Audible subscription, and I'd love a year of that if someone felt moved to give one.

Depending on which way we end up deciding to go with getting a new-to-us car (whether I keep the one I have and my husband buys a cheap used something or whether I give him my current car and buy something used for me), I might like a better radio/stereo for the car. My previous car had a much better iPod connector, and I'm finding I miss it more than I would have thought.

Other than that, I'd much prefer that folks make donations to organizations I love than give me more stuff. I've been working for years to help my husband understand that it is genuinely what I want.

If the iPad isn't something you would normally do for yourself, and you really want it, and hubby wants to get it for you, I say go for it! Make it an extra special year for yourself. I'm sure you do it for others all the time.

I want new pajamas. I know the exact ones I want, from Soma, and I left the catalog turned to the exact page out for my fiance, after I already told him I wanted new pajamas.

Subtle, I know. :D

I want a 10' surfboard...and a new Kitchenaid (the biggest one).:tongue_smilie:

Both are hundreds of dollars. :blink::ohmy::blush:

I think I'm getting a rain jacket instead. :hurray: Actually, I'm thrilled with that too because we'll be taking a big hiking trip shortly after Christmas.

For the record, my husband thinks watching me surf is a gift to him :D and the kids think being able to triple more recipes is a win-win for everyone.

So, really, it isn't about me.... ;)

I want a garlic press, another really nice cookie sheet, some more glass containers with lids so I can eventually get rid of the plastic (I'd love some casserole dishes with plastic lids so that I can bake and then just put the lid on it for leftovers), and some nice wood spoons.

That's what I want. :D All things to make my life easier or more enjoyable.

I'm all about kitchen stuff to make it easier on me...I'd love a good grain mill or a bosch machine. I already have a kitchen aid mixer, the biggest one at the time. I love it. Previous years I've received a dehydrator, a pressure canner, the kitchen aid, etc. In my stocking I'd love for santa to leave a potato ricer :D. Oh and I'm looking at a set of new knives. I need a good set. I use them constantly. I'm still using the set my grandpa gifted to me after he bought a new set some 14 years ago...they are wearing out. Maybe some pretty canisters with rubber seals for the counter. I'd love to keep a few things in them and have it look neat and tidy. Oh and my want, but haven't found yet to tell hubby, a wood bread kneading bowl. I hate kneading on the counter. I'd love to have one of those pretty bowls...

DH asked me to make an Amazon wish list this year so I am. I asked him to make one, too.

On my list so far is a sherpa-lined hoodie and sherpa-lined slippers from GAP. I am thinking about adding one of those infinity knit scarves that I am seeing everywhere this year.

I hate to ask for much because I just purchased a new stroller for baby and it was $$$$.

I actually need new shoes.

The right water purifier would be wonderful. It's the last piece of kitchen infrastructure I want. :)

If dh won the lottery, I would expect a hammered dulcimer. Coz I want to learn because they are so sexy. Look them up on youtube and tell me it isn't so.

In real life, I need a few more shopping bags, but I will be content with whatever shows up providing it isn't a dvd I don't like. Books off my wishlist would be nice.

Rosie

I'm going to do a little more research, but I'm leaning toward an IPAD. It is way more than we spend on eachother. I'm planning to load it with apps for my son with special needs. I will also load a couple things for me, but I'm really looking at the IPAD as a possible communication device for ds. If it works out that way, it would be a gift worth every penny.