Menu

It's snowing

I'm jealous. It is so warm here, we cancelled the dog's grooming appointment at PetSmart, the kids put on their bathing suits and bathed the dog in the driveway. Last Friday (week ago yesterday) I spent most of the afternoon in the ocean up to my neck -- something that I have not done since my honeymoon 16 years ago.

BWAAAAAAAAA-----I want snow.

Snowing here. I just called my out of town neighbors to tell them that they lost a tree branch and to bring home their chainsaw. I also told them it snows nearly every time they leave town--so stop it--I have many memories of trudging over there to take care of her cats, today is just another one.

Oh and the furnace kicked on for the first time this season, so the whole house has that funny "burnt dirt" smell. :ack2:

:glare: It's going to be in the mid-80's until Wednesday. Which would be fine, except it's getting cold enough at night that I have to run the furnace and air conditioner in the same day! I could go without both, but the 15-degree temperature rise/drop in the house every day was aggravating my sinuses. It's either running those, or giving a urine sample, polygraph, and three references at Walmart to buy a pack of Sudafed.

Yep. Snowing away here. We finally got hit with it this morning. My dad who lives 2 1/2 hrs away has been getting snow non stop since yesterday evening.

It is sticking enough to make it white. Not accumulating too much yet. Very very wet snow and so cold. Positive not. I love to see snow capped mountains and they are beautiful today!

No snow in Calgary yet this year, though two years ago we got a fair dump this weekend. (Which I remember because it is Thanksgiving weekend up here in Canada, and I was planning to drive with the boys to Winnipeg to visit family. Glad we didn't). So yeah, a little early, but if you are near mountains, you know snow can fall most anytime of the year. Hope you got out the sleds and made the most of it.