Menu

Making my own poll for the evening. Which color?

Which color?  

1. 1. Which color?

• Blue
    • Green
    • Purple
    • I don't have a preference I just want to vote in the poll/other

Yes I know it is trivial in the grand scheme of things. But since I am moving out of my comfort zone - I've always been a some shade of red or pink kind of girl - I thought I'd ask.

Today I bought royal blue, emerald green and imperial purple nail polish. Which should I put on first. Keeping in mind this is way out there for me.

Definitely purple. Purple is pretty close to red, right? Think of it as adding a color, blue, to your usual red/pink. Then of course try blue next, because you've done blue within the purple. Finally you can try out the green, since it's just adding yellow to the blue.

Yes, I actually thought about that. :lol:

Definitely purple. Purple is pretty close to red, right? Think of it as adding a color, blue, to your usual red/pink. Then of course try blue next, because you've done blue within the purple. Finally you can try out the green, since it's just adding yellow to the blue.

Yes, I actually thought about that. :lol:

That is brilliant!

Green. Green is a decorative color. Purple/blue is dead guy color. :ack2:

(though Joy Hakim was wearing metallic purple toenail polish at a meet the author thing last month and it was quite fetching. Her toes matched my pen!)

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Well, I voted, but what I really think is that you should do one of the following....

• alternate colors for each nail
  • pick one of the 3 as the base color, then use the other two colors to make dots on each nail
  • paint stripes of color on each nail using all the colors
  • buy orange nail polish & alternate the orange & green -- it is October after all... ;)

See, you can have lots of fun. You could even include your beloved pink in any of the ideas I mentioned. :D

Try on your toes first. I find it easier to do wacky colors on my toes, and then expand to finger nails depending on which you love. :)

(Not that blue / purple / green are really "out there" generally, but if it's not what you're used to, doing toes first might be less of a leap.)