Menu

Please vote on my baby girl names

Which name do you like better?  

1. 1. Which name do you like better?

• Sadie Elise
    • Emma Elise

Definitely Sadie. I like the name Emma, but I don't think it really works with Elise as a middle name. There's almost a double schwa (uh-uh) sound with the last a in Emma and the first E in Elise.

That's funny, because I had a double ee with Saidie Elise :tongue_smilie:

Sadie and Emma are both extremely popular where I live. I have nieces named Sadie and Emma as well (sisters).

I would likely pick Sadie over Emma because of the EE issue. I would expect that Emma has peaked in the popularity charts for this generation and will drop down a bit. Sadie has risen rapidly and I bet will soon be in the top 20 names in the coming years. If you don't mind names that are really popular, then both are great names. If you want something more unusual, both should be avoided at this point.

Edited by kijipt

which is the name from which I believe Sadie is derived. Then I would call her Sadie if that's what I liked. But I am a believer in using the full, old fashioned version of names rather than using nick names on a birth certificate.

Sadie is cute, but casual. I can see a husband and siblings calling me Sadie, and I like it. But I would want a proper name to back it up.

I love the name Emma. We named our middle dd Emma right before it became really popular. I love the name Sadie, but not for a human. We had a dog named Sadie, and I can never associate it with a person now. :tongue_smilie:

My Zee is the same age as your Emma, and would've been an Emma had he been a girl. :)

I'd go with Sadie; as others have said, it's less popular, and just as cute as Emma.

which is the name from which I believe Sadie is derived. Then I would call her Sadie if that's what I liked. But I am a believer in using the full, old fashioned version of names rather than using nick names on a birth certificate.

Sadie is cute, but casual. I can see a husband and siblings calling me Sadie, and I like it. But I would want a proper name to back it up.

Oh! I didn't know it was short for Sarah. I too would use the full proper name. Like I was named Michelle and called by a shortened version of that.

I will give one warning on "elise".

I have lost count of the number of people who don't bother to look closely at spellings and have pronounced "elyse" as EL-SIE. Makes me think of a cow. (it's handy when telemarketers call - no one here by that name)