Menu

"Mom! There are ashes falling from the sky!!!"

Simka,

Be careful. I have a friend whose husband is working that fire trying to get it contained. Praying it won't get anywhere close to you guys.

I'm really hating this drought.

We are on the north side of 10, but I am keeping the news on. We were at are horses in Sugarland and I am so thankful for a northernly wind. Here at least 10 can act as some sort of barrier.

Yup! that is what my kids came in and told me a few moments ago!!!

Speaking of Prophet Elijah (different thread), ask for his intercessions! God worked through his prayers to end a drought once before .... "nothing is impossible with God." Lord have mercy on Houston and the surrounding areas.

Simka, dear one -- May you and your neighbors all be safe. I'm going to post this also in the temporary Orthodox thread, but our friends just called with news that they lost their home in the Bastrop fire. They just found out a few minutes ago. The poor little girl (age 11) broke down on the phone telling me. My dd is out with dad and brother, and shall have to call her back.

Simka, dear one -- May you and your neighbors all be safe. I'm going to post this also in the temporary Orthodox thread, but our friends just called with news that they lost their home in the Bastrop fire. They just found out a few minutes ago. The poor little girl (age 11) broke down on the phone telling me. My dd is out with dad and brother, and shall have to call her back.

:(

Stay safe, Simka, and don't take any risks.

Okay, we are in the clear for now. It is a pretty impressive site this close to a major metro area. They have put up cranes so they can monitor through the night for hot spots.

Nevermind :glare:. 1500 acres have burned. 50% contained and creeping closer to I 10.

Things seem calm this morning. The day before yesterday I saw smoke coming from the same area. Not nearly as much as yesterday, but a decent plume. I still do not know what that one was and am curious what the afternoon holds for today.

Uggghhhh....I think what is exhausting is never knowing where the next fire will pop up at.

:grouphug: I hope you guys get some rain soon. It would have been awesome if Lee had gone a little farther west...

We flew across the country this weekend. I was busy wrestling a toddler (so I didn't look out the window), but DH said he knew when we were over Texas because everything was completely brown and he could see smoke rising up in places.

:grouphug: I hope you guys get some rain soon. It would have been awesome if Lee had gone a little farther west...

We flew across the country this weekend. I was busy wrestling a toddler (so I didn't look out the window), but DH said he knew when we were over Texas because everything was completely brown and he could see smoke rising up in places.

So sad. I'm sure next time I drive to visit my sister in the hill country, I'll be in tears.