Menu

Finally done with the schoolroom!...

So I thought I'd share pics of the finished product. Maybe some newbies can get some ideas. I know I used to browse the sites when I first started out.

So here's how I do things here.

Here's our Learning Room!

IMG_2488.jpg

This is what all their desks look like.

IMG_2490.jpg

These are their "workboxes". I bought the rolling bins at Target and the file folders crates at Walmart. I bought poly hanging file folders for durability and all of their books, science experiment supplies, everything they need goes in their. As they complete something, they put it into their completed baskets on their desks for me to correct later.

IMG_2496.jpg

They each have a *work grid* and they have check marks that they flip over as they finish a subject or task.

IMG_2497.jpg

This is a shelf where I put art supplies that I don't want little hands to get a hold of. I have it up high on the wall. I also change out art books that we work on.

IMG_2501.jpg

This is the way I'm doing my lesson planning for the year. I'm planning 9 weeks each quarter. This will work out a lot better for me.

IMG_2506.jpg

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_2509.jpg

I still have more planning to do for history and art. But at least the room is done!

Thanks for looking!

Edited by 3Blessings4Me

Wow! I am so impressed! Your room looks great, and I love your book where the kids can check off what they've done. I love the idea of workboxes, but can't bring myself to rip up all my books. You look like you're all ready for a great school year.

Beautiful!! My goal in home education, especially when my dcs were younger, was to create a room that inspired learning. It just oozed with educational excitement. Your room does that and all those nicely sharpened colored pencils just give me chills. I'm weird like that though.

AWESOME! I mean I kind of feel like jumping off a bridge right now, lol, but totally awesome! ;)

Wow! I love it. Lots of great ideas there. thanks for sharing...and motivating me to head down to my school room to work on improving it instead of sipping coffee with my ipad...:tongue_smilie:

:iagree::lol::lol:

Very nice school room! I'm sure your hard work alone will inspire your learners :hurray:

Where did you get your desks? Also, your beautiful bookshelves? I've been wanting to get rid of the desks we have in favor of something more attractive, like yours. I was thinking of getting one 6'x3' table, but the only one I've found is the fold up type table, which is very functional but not very attractive. Thanks for the inspiration and the help!

Wow! I am so impressed! Your room looks great, and I love your book where the kids can check off what they've done. I love the idea of workboxes, but can't bring myself to rip up all my books. You look like you're all ready for a great school year.

Thanks! I can't rip up my books either. That's why filing never worked for me. I just drop the book or workbook into the folder. That's why I bought poly folders, so they'll hold up to the abuse. ;)

Very nice school room! I'm sure your hard work alone will inspire your learners :hurray:

Where did you get your desks? Also, your beautiful bookshelves? I've been wanting to get rid of the desks we have in favor of something more attractive, like yours. I was thinking of getting one 6'x3' table, but the only one I've found is the fold up type table, which is very functional but not very attractive. Thanks for the inspiration and the help!

I got the desks from Walmart. They're very sturdy. The legs are steel.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Student-Desk-Black/11062630

Got my bookshelves from Walmart too! Hubby works there. ;)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/South-Shore-5-Shelf-Contemporary-Bookcase-Chocolate/11726595

Wow. Can I ask what room this is in your house? Den, bedroom, dining room?????

We don't have that much wall space so our wall decor is quite limited.

Dawn

It's a bedroom. I just moved some rooms around a bit to have a school room. It really helps me to have everything in one room.

I got the desks from Walmart. They're very sturdy. The legs are steel.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Student-Desk-Black/11062630

Got my bookshelves from Walmart too! Hubby works there. ;)

http://www.walmart.com/ip/South-Shore-5-Shelf-Contemporary-Bookcase-Chocolate/11726595

Well, I will be checking them out! Thanks! Again, great-looking school room.

Wow. WOW. Please tell me where you got the glasses your colored pencils are in! I want some just like that.

It's actually these, but they are discontinued now. If you can find some on the internet, go for it. ;)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8DjM_bcSpgntmaRvXcR1gVH1FZPyXnYIziKqDdxgaOPFosdSGXA

Any old glass will do though.

It's actually these, but they are discontinued now. If you can find some on the internet, go for it. ;)

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8DjM_bcSpgntmaRvXcR1gVH1FZPyXnYIziKqDdxgaOPFosdSGXA

Any old glass will do though.

I have some of those!! They're in the back of my glass cabinet and I forgot all about them. I had a whole bunch of them that I had used for drinking glasses but ended up donating about half. I didn't recognize that's what they were. They make nice flower vases, too.

Beautiful! I am currently planning our schoolroom (going to convert the garage - 35 boxes of stuff being picked up by the charity today!) and love your ideas. We have an alphabet set similar to the flowers but with animals, though now the boys are getting a bit old for it (sniff). I'm hoping to have an art area with the colored pencils and supplies like that.