Menu

Did you hear about this mother and her baby?

I'm just... ugh... no words, just UGH!!!

Link to article... UGH!!!

Then of course, there's PETA's billboard... :glare:

Copied from a later post:

And my apologies for others who miss the title... I do think the title (and UGH!!! factor) speak as a fair warning... and there are no vile pics on either link, it's just the info. Sorry if someone missed that! If there were pics that would burn your retinas I most certainly would have spelled it out clearer. I'm a visual person and can't stand a picture that'll keep me up all night! ;)

Edited by specialmama
To clarify re. the warning...

I really wished you had warned what that headline was. To anyone who might click it know that it's seriously disturbing.

to help others a bit....

if one scrolls over the link, you can read the headline on the link (mine was in the bottom left corner). I saw the headline today and couldn't read it... just yuck...

-crystal

to help others a bit....

if one scrolls over the link, you can read the headline on the link (mine was in the bottom left corner). I saw the headline today and couldn't read it... just yuck...

-crystal

Okay, that is cool. I had no idea that was possible! Thanks!

The PETA billboard came up after a recent case here in Dayton where a woman was convicted (again) of the same crime against her baby. That woman has been tried now three times and it won't ever seem to leave the news. As if I didn't already loathe PETA, the billboard pretty much erased all doubt. No one around here would allow the billboard to be put up though.

That makes me ill just thinking about the fact that she could do that to her child. What a disturbed mind. I sincerely hope she rots in prison for such an awful act!

And PETA just sealed their fate with me. Comparing the death of a child in such a horrific manner to pork chops and hamburger meat is beyond disgusting. I hope that the people of Sacramento pitch a fit and fight this billboard tooth and nail. Shame on PETA!

That makes me ill just thinking about the fact that she could do that to her child. What a disturbed mind.

And PETA just sealed their fate with me. Comparing the death of a child in such a horrific manner to pork chops and hamburger meat is beyond disgusting. I hope that the people of Sacramento pitch a fit and fight this billboard tooth and nail. Shame on PETA!

:iagree: I had *some* empathy for PETA before, thinking they were motivated by compassion. Not any more.

:iagree: I had *some* empathy for PETA before, thinking they were motivated by compassion. Not any more.

:iagree: I think their billboard is horridly distasteful.

And my apologies for others who miss the title... I do think the title (and UGH!!! factor) speak as a fair warning... and there are no vile pics on either link, it's just the info. Sorry if someone missed that! If there were pics that would burn your retinas I most certainly would have spelled it out clearer. I'm a visual person and can't stand a picture that'll keep me up all night! ;)

That's horrid!

I agree, you may wish to edit and put a warning...there are women here who have recently suffered loss and that may be a hard thing to suddenly see. :grouphug:

Or women willing to be cut open without anesthetic to save their baby that is now just 11 days old and pure exhausting 24/7 nursing joy. I might never put him down. Kids and dh have to beg for a turn so I can use the bathroom.

It's makes me cry that someone else would look at my son and see nothing more than a chunk of meat to microwave. And what a horrible painful thing to do.

Sick doesn't even begin to describe it. :crying::(

PETA is horrible. They have run around at horse shows and set horses "free." If somebody set my horse "free" to run out into the traffic, I can't even say what I'd do.

:001_huh: Apparently there is a lot about this organization that I don't know. I don't have horses, but I would feel the exact same way about someone "freeing" one of my dogs. Good grief.

You know, I think that may be the third time I've used the words "good grief" on these boards tonight. What is up with all of these horrible, shocking stories?!? :confused:

I didn't realize China Arnold had gotten life in prison. (finally) I'm in Dayton, so it's been on the news for years. It must have happened the year my oldest was born. :( I had a friend who was on the prosecutor team during one of the trials.

I can't understand not taking your baby to someone else even dropping it in one of the designated "safe zones" over this. But then, I couldn't imagine giving away my children either. Makes me wonder if these people have no conscience because I don't know how you'd be able to live with yourself after such actions.

As for Peta.. :glare:

I think China Arnold might have been drunk or high or something when she did it. I can't imagine someone doing that unless something was wrong with them. But I also can't imagine someone being so drunk they'd do something like that, either.

I heard it on the news driving to work. Unbelievable. Drugs? Demented?

This may be completely, totally off base, but I'm wondering if this was partly a cultural thing? Only since the baby was a girl and she had 3 others that were all boys.

And yes, PETA needs to be strung up for that ad.

Yes, I agree with some of the pps. Please, people. Don't post stories like this. Some of us with more OCDish tendencies, once we see the headline, can't get the horror out of our heads for days. I'll probably have nightmares tonight now. I always do when stuff like this is in the news. :crying: