Menu

I'm in a state of shock

We just drove back from my son's place (2 hours). We were there to comfort on the death of his high school friend. They have been friends for 12 years. The boy was found dead at home this morning -- we don't know the cause yet. It is so hard to call your child with the news his best friend is dead.

Linda

Edit: I spent time yesterday with the family. My son drove in (he lives 2 hours away) and we went over with him. I've never seen this dad emotional, but he just hugged S and cried so hard all the while saying "J loved you. You do know J loved you." The service is Thursday and S will be a pallbearer. My heart bleeds for him and for the whole family. I buried my dad 2 months ago. I think this is harder. My dad was sick for quite a while and dying eased th suffering. J's death is such a shock.

Edited by Linda in TX

How terrible. I am so sorry for all of you.

Did the young man have epilepsy? There is something called SUDEP -- sudden unexplained death in epilepsy. It usually happens at night to teenagers and young adults. They don't know what causes it but the current thinking is that the person has a seizure at night and loses oxygen or can't regulate his breathing.

:grouphug:

My best friend was killed in a car accident when I was pregnant with my first child. A huge dump truck went over their (her husband and herself) car. They said she was asleep. Her husband was in a coma and of course could not be at the funeral.

It was the worst thing I have ever gone through. To this day I miss her so much. It is now 26 years. And yes, sometimes I do still cry.