Menu

I am furious!!!

I ordered this for my daughter for Christmas, and the mailman left it on my porch yesterday. My very naughty border collie chewed it up (we weren't gone long and he likes to patrol while we are gone--in a fenced in yard, of course). Several pieces from the kit are ruined. I'm sure there's nothing I can do about it but to order another one. Money is tight but it's doable. UGH!!!! The post office has SPECIFIC instructions not to leave any packages on our porches!!! I just called the post office AGAIN to tell them AGAIN not to leave anything on our porches.

:glare::willy_nilly::smash::angry::mad::cursing::(

:grouphug:

I empathize with your plight.

On our route we have the substitute mail man known as "The Grouchy Mail Man." The Grouch went through a period where he refused to deliver packages while he was working. A couple of years ago he carried our Rainbow Resource order around in his van for a week. The post office put their foot down about the delivery of packages, so he went threw a period of throwing them at the houses when he delivered. Anyway numerous complaints, his supervisor policing him and wage garnishment he appears to have gotten his act together.

I am sorry this happened to you :( But it made me remeber a similiar incident that happened to me years ago.) I too have very limited resources, so when my faithful german shepherd chewed up a box left by UPS on the front doorstep, and incidently the workboots inside, I was pretty upset. I called UPS and realized it would take a LONG TIME to work through their claim process. So I called the company I had ordered the boots from. Not only did they immediately send a replacement...they delt with UPS. So I didn't have to spend all day jumping through hoops to satisfy UPS. I would suggest you try calling the company you ordered the package from. Hope this works for you.

Blessings :)

On our route we have the substitute mail man known as "The Grouchy Mail Man." The Grouch went through a period where he refused to deliver packages while he was working. A couple of years ago he carried our Rainbow Resource order around in his van for a week. The post office put their foot down about the delivery of packages, so he went threw a period of throwing them at the houses when he delivered. Anyway numerous complaints, his supervisor policing him and wage garnishment he appears to have gotten his act together.

Our postman is nice, but he smokes in his car, so most of my mail and packages smell like smoke. :ack2:

I am sorry this happened to you :( But it made me remeber a similiar incident that happened to me years ago.) I too have very limited resources, so when my faithful german shepherd chewed up a box left by UPS on the front doorstep, and incidently the workboots inside, I was pretty upset. I called UPS and realized it would take a LONG TIME to work through their claim process. So I called the company I had ordered the boots from. Not only did they immediately send a replacement...they delt with UPS. So I didn't have to spend all day jumping through hoops to satisfy UPS. I would suggest you try calling the company you ordered the package from. Hope this works for you.

Done and they are replacing it! :hurray:

It amazes me that with all the hard working ppl out there, this yahoo actually got to keep his job. He just drove around with your packages!? I would have been out in the street waiting for him:glare:

This should not be allowed! What about ppl that are horribly allergic to cigarette smoke? Man, I'd be lighting up that postal carrier! (no pun intended):tongue_smilie:

I agree, but he does, and it's his private vehicle so there's nothing I can do.

Good Heavens! Now you have to babysit the PO too:001_huh:

I guess so. I am expecting several packages in the new few weeks since I do my shopping online, so I can't take anymore chances. IDIOTS!

And this is the same lug that sits in his car and blows his horn until we come out to get a package if we are home. And if we are not home, he will leave a package on the porch with the mail under it. :confused::confused::confused: Remember when I said he was nice a few post back? I take it back.

My DH ordered an electric lap blanket for me for Valentines and had it delivered. I found it in pieces in the yard, lol, and figured out what happened. I called them, asked for an exact replacement to ship ASAP so that DH would not know what happened (because he would want to have surprised me). They insistedon sending it free. I kept explaining that the fault was ours, but they didn't care. Love Landsend!

I am so glad you shared this. All my son wants for Christmas is science stuff. I was looking around their site, but I have never ordered from them. And I am always hesitant to try new companies.... But with customer service like this, I can order with confidence.

Definitely! They were exceptionally nice!! I would recommend them to anyone. And the pieces of the kit that we found looked really nice too. :D

Wonderful!

Consider putting some big container on the porch that your dog can't get into if possible and post a mail and packages in here please sign on it.

We have no no cover on our main entry and packages get rained on, snowed on, frozen, melted etc. Our regular mail man is wonderful, but the fill in carriers are :tongue_smilie: less than stellar.

I just called the company and they are sending a replacement!!! WOOHOO!! Home Science Tools customer service rocks!

Wonderful!

Consider putting some big container on the porch that your dog can't get into if possible and post a mail and packages in here please sign on it.

We have no no cover on our main entry and packages get rained on, snowed on, frozen, melted etc. Our regular mail man is wonderful, but the fill in carriers are :tongue_smilie: less than stellar.

The container is a great idea!! Joann Fabric is having a fleece sale, and I just ordered a ton of fleece to make everyone in the family a blanket for Christmas. If that gets destroyed, I might go nuts!

That stinks!:glare:

I also have told my mail carrier to please not leave packages on our front steps. We have two goats that roam freely in our yard, and they WILL eat anything and everything that they find laying around! I have come home several times to find them with packages in their mouths, getting ready to chow down lol.

I am very surprised that anyone would actually walk down our driveway to put a package on our steps, as we also have three geese that get very excited when anyone comes to visit, and all the honking, flapping and running towards you can really freak people out! They usually honk the horn, and wait for me to come out, and if I'm not home, they leave a little card in my mailbox (which is at the end of the road).

I hope you can get a replacement!

Guest Cindie2dds
I just called the company and they are sending a replacement!!! WOOHOO!! Home Science Tools customer service rocks!

I love to hear about great customer service like that! I will definitely keep them in my bookmarked pages now. Thanks for sharing this! Congrats on the replacement! :)

So glad you're getting a replacement! Our old mailman was great. The new one, not so much. Last week I arrived home to find my package literally TOSSED onto the side of the road near my mailbox. It had rained all day. It had the calenders I had made online and ordered for the parents' and grandparents' Christmas gift. Thankfully, it was tossed under a tree and everything was wrapped in plastic inside so no damage.

I was just getting ready to suggest this too. A friend of ours has 2 HUGE dogs. She leaves a big Rubbermaid bin w/ a lid & a notice on it for postal carriers/delivery people to leave any packages in the Rubbermaid bin (& to be sure to put the lid back on securely).

I did the same thing. I ordered 48 protein supplement drinks, bottled in glass. When I got home, there was a sticky, ooey, gooey puddle on my porch, and a frenzied mob of ants. I opened the box and found 3 bottles were broken. They sent me a whole dozen replacement (They are prepackaged in cardboard and plastic, so it was probably easier to send the dozen pack). I NEVER dealt with UPS. (ALthough I do LOVE my UPS driver! WHen there's a heavy package, he rings the doorbell and offers to bring it in!)

It's been a while since I lived there, but my aunty used to be a postal carrier and I know that (at least then) carriers were not obliged to leave a parcel if you were not home. They could leave a card telling you delivery was attempted. They had to try 2x and then they left a card saying that you had to pick up the parcel at the PO. You could also place an order on your address that ALL parcels were to be left at the PO for you to pick up. Then, they would just bring you a little card telling you a parcel was there.

In my aunty's route, most people worked and were not home. It wasn't the safest place to leave parcels just sitting either, so she had many, many addresses with a "no parcel order." It was also pretty common in my neighbourhood. She liked it because parcels are so bulky and her route was quicker without them. If you are expecting more parcels, you should consider asking your PO for an order on your address. It means you have to go pick up stuff, but you won't be wondering if your mail was chewed, stolen or otherwise damaged.

I'm so glad you're getting a replacement!

Just be glad it wasn't a dissection kit your furry friend chewed up. ;) We've ordered frogs, fetal pigs, cow eyeballs, sheep hearts, etc. from HST. That would have been gross.:)

ETA: because I wrote "you're" instead of "your" and even though it's already been quoted I couldn't let it go. I needed everyone to know that I know the difference. ;)

Edited by CAMom

Nakia, because of how Home Science Tools responded to you, I went and checked out their website and found several things that I will purchase next year for our physical science study. Then I called the company and told them that because of how they treated you, I was now going to become a customer--that sometimes good customer service is more effective than average advertising. The customer service supervisor sounded a bit surprised by my call, but seemed happy to hear what I had to say.

:001_smile:

Just be glad it wasn't a dissection kit you're furry friend chewed up. ;) We've ordered frogs, fetal pigs, cow eyeballs, sheep hearts, etc. from HST. That would have been gross.:)

:lol: :D Too funny, although I really didn't need that mental image!

Nakia, I'm happy you're getting a replacement. I agree, HST is a great company.

Love the idea about the plastic container.

Just be glad it wasn't a dissection kit your furry friend chewed up. ;) We've ordered frogs, fetal pigs, cow eyeballs, sheep hearts, etc. from HST. That would have been gross.:)

ETA: because I wrote "you're" instead of "your" and even though it's already been quoted I couldn't let it go. I needed everyone to know that I know the difference. ;)

I don't do dissections, but I can imagine that would be totally gross!!!

Nakia, because of how Home Science Tools responded to you, I went and checked out their website and found several things that I will purchase next year for our physical science study. Then I called the company and told them that because of how they treated you, I was now going to become a customer--that sometimes good customer service is more effective than average advertising. The customer service supervisor sounded a bit surprised by my call, but seemed happy to hear what I had to say.

:001_smile:

Very cool!!

How funny, how does someone like this not get fired? To me it's like this:

day 1: doesn't deliver packages - warning

day 2: doesn't deliver packages - warning #2

day 3: throws packages out of vehicle at house -- fired.

I'm sure there's someone out there that would be willing to take that job and do it with a smile!!

Our postman is nice, but he smokes in his car, so most of my mail and packages smell like smoke. :ack2:

Have you told him about it?

We had a FedEx guy that smoked in his truck, I talked to him, and (politely) told him that my packages were stinking of smoke and that it bothered me since they were for my business. He started keeping them at the very back of the truck and wrapping them in plastic. This helped a lot. If it hadn't, I think I would have complained, though I didn't want to get him in trouble if we could work it out another way.

I assume that dealing with a USPS carrier won't be as easy but I hope you can get it worked out!

Have you told him about it?

We had a FedEx guy that smoked in his truck, I talked to him, and (politely) told him that my packages were stinking of smoke and that it bothered me since they were for my business. He started keeping them at the very back of the truck and wrapping them in plastic. This helped a lot. If it hadn't, I think I would have complained, though I didn't want to get him in trouble if we could work it out another way.

I assume that dealing with a USPS carrier won't be as easy but I hope you can get it worked out!

No, I haven't talked to him about it because from what I can tell, there is nothing I can do since it is his private vehicle. And since he doesn't do the best job anyway, I don't want to rock the boat. Lame, I know.