Menu

This isn't very polite.............

until I have had time to copy all the recipes off her website. I mean, it was funny. But I don't want Ree to get mad and decide blogging is a thankless task. At least not until I get those recipes.

No worries....this kind of thing is more advertising for her book than damaging to her blog. That blog is worth big bucks now, I doubt she will be concerned about a few jabs by a fellow blogger.

I am sure she has had much, much worse than that thrown at her. LOL

Guest Dulcimeramy

It is funny, except when I remember that Ree invited this woman to her home and treated her like royalty. I don't know how they fell out but they used to be friends.

The comments prove pretty succinctly that Rechelle is not joking.

When you realize that Rechelle is not joking, suddenly it looks a little like creepy obsessed cyber stalking.

It is funny, except when I remember that Ree invited this woman to her home and treated her like royalty. I don't know how they fell out but they used to be friends.

The comments prove pretty succinctly that Rechelle is not joking.

When you realize that Rechelle is not joking, suddenly it looks a little like creepy obsessed cyber stalking.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

The Barbie theater *could* be funny, if it was a parody done out of love/friendship. But Rechelle's comments are clearly mean, bitter, and spiteful. I cannot laugh at her blog entry.

I used to read Rechelle's blog, but she's no longer the warm, loving, funny blogger she used to be. I don't know what happened in her life, but the change is sad.

I think she's classy enough to either ignore it or laugh at it. I mean, it is funny, but the poster is so obviously bitter about...........something??? Maybe just jealous.

The photos and liners were sort of funny and I assumed it was sisterly ribbing - the kind of things I can imagine my beloved college roommate doing to me, but then the comments would be really clear about me being awesome:) No intent to harm. I didn't read the comments last night and when I did, they gave me the creeps.

Ree is always so open spirited, warm and funny in a kind way. I found this blog mean spirited on second look. I will stick with Pioneer woman. Who needs ugliness? I wish I hadn't looked!

I don't like people being mean and nasty. And these posts are nasty.

There is a real person behind the Pioneer Woman. The PW blog is not the person. The blog is a persona, an entertainment vehicle. I think it is a complicated process to blog about and sell your own life (looking at you dooce and PW).

Philosophical question: Are the Barbie doll posts attacking the PW blog or the woman who is Ree?

I tried to read one of the entries before I got to the freaky obsessed stalking part. It was unreadable. Talentless hack, trying to whore a little publicity for her lame blog by attacking someone else... yawn.

:iagree:(but not nearly as eloquently)

I read through a couple of her other posts as well. Think maybe just a wee bit of bitterness has taken root in her soul?

Terri

I think she's classy enough to either ignore it or laugh at it. I mean, it is funny, but the poster is so obviously bitter about...........something??? Maybe just jealous.

:iagree: Both with the comment about Ree and about this woman being bitter about something. I read some of her other posts and she is just plain, old bitter.

No worries....this kind of thing is more advertising for her book than damaging to her blog. That blog is worth big bucks now, I doubt she will be concerned about a few jabs by a fellow blogger.

I am sure she has had much, much worse than that thrown at her. LOL

I can't imagine that Ree does it for the money.;)

I'm not going to look at the other blog after reading some of these comments because I don't like people getting made fun of. It's the reason I can't watch most reality shows - it's almost like I feel other people's pain.

I imagine Rechelle will be along anytime now. Surely she monitors her blog traffic and will find her way to this thread.

I do wonder what happened to make her so angry. And I wonder what it takes to make someone feel the need to air a grudge in public, for months on end. If she were my friend I might suggest yoga or meditation. However in this case it might just make it worse, because it would probably remind Rechelle of Ree's yoga pants. ;)

Whoa right there! You need to go back and find out how Rechelle's visit to PW's really went.....it's hilarious, and I sure wouldn't use the word 'royalty' to describe it.

Here are her own blog entries related to the visit: link.

I don't see what angered her.

Edited by jplain

I've never heard of Ree the Pioneer Woman, but thought this was hilarious regardless! :lol:

I have heard of her for years and never went to her site because no one can be that cool. I'm a rebel that way.

Then I saw someone post about crash potatoes. And I'm done for. I'm in love. Beef and snow peas for dinner the other night. Sesame noodles for lunch today. She has sucked me in and convinced me of her mighty abilities - plus she's hilarious.

Guest Dulcimeramy
Whoa right there! You need to go back and find out how Rechelle's visit to PW's really went.....it's hilarious, and I sure wouldn't use the word 'royalty' to describe it. She's a very funny writer that has found her niche, and she's very honest in her feelings towards Ree. IMO, PW has not always been squeaky clean to all, no matter what you feel about her as a blogger. There's a blogger named Heather who was shafted about a homeschooling column, tho many here probably know that episode. I think the net is plenty large enough for those two amusing bloggers who cater to their audiences, obviously.

I don't need to whoa right there, pardner. I already read all about the visit at the time it occurred, at Rechelle's old site and her sister's site, AND last night I read the recent version on Rechelle's new blog.

I'm not even a fan of http://www.pioneerwoman.com, but if I were Ree, I'd be considering a restraining order.

I watched the clip for Pressure Cooker. Love that documentary. Then I read the rest of the page, but I didn't know what I was really supposed to be reading. Pressure Cooker made me cry, not laugh. Such amazing kids and a devoted treacher. (That can't be what I am supposed to read, aren't hsers always saying teachers are bad and evil people). So kept scrolling, not sure what I was supposed think was mean, but funny. Mrs Stevenson, the culinary teacher? <scratches head>

I don't read PW, so I thought that was Lucille Ball or something. The chocolate facotory episode came to mind. So I had to come back here to get some back story because I didn't get it. What was funny? What was mean? Didn't get it. At. all. (I thought the photograhy was good). Later, I poked around the blog and found this:

--Ayelet tells the story of her husband standing in line at a coffee shop with their baby strapped to his chest in a front pack. A perfect stranger comes up to him and compliments him for being a wonderful father, yet ALL HE WAS DOING WAS STANDING IN LINE HOLDING THE BABY! He wasn’t even using his ARMS for chrissake! The front pack was doing all the work! Think about it. What does a woman have to do for a perfect stranger to call her a wonderful mother? She would have to be making a homemade triceratops Halloween costume from an old quilt and found sheet metal, while baking bread over an open fire, while helping a child with trigonometry homework, while volunteering as a playground attendant for the kindergarten classroom while scrubbing the wood floors in the living room with a toothbrush ALL AT THE SAME TIME! And EVEN THAT MIGHT NOT BE ENOUGH! --

Spot on! A new blog to read. :) I'm a fan.

Edited by LibraryLover

Now I'm even more confused. Who's Ayelet?

Must be someone in Rechelle's life.

Boy you opened a can of worms this morning....hee hee.

FTR, I like PW and I think she is a smart cookie to have marketed herself the way she has. She also has the grace (business smarts?) to not respond to petty mean spirited blog entries.

I have quit reading her blog though.....it has gone full circle for me and is a little repetitive now. I was however, just last night, thinking of a recipe of hers that I want to make for my new husband....Would LOVE to have her cookbook.

There is a twitter for pie near woman made by the same gal and linked on her blog. It is vile. She does seem like a jealous, insecure stalker. She has a real chip on her shoulder about homeschooling too for some reason. She's a nutter! :eek:

Really? I just read on the blog that her sister is a homeschooler, and she and her sister are friends. PS. I can't keep up with two windows open. I am going to get even more confused. ;) If that is possible.

But now I know why some people on this thread are so mad at her. She's not a Good Christian.

If someone sounds bitter and mildly deranged (possibly "deranged" is an exaggeration), we must think so because she isn't a Christian? It can't be that we think so because oh, I don't know, she's bitter and mildly deranged?

At least I am sufficiently open-minded to recognize that atheists and Christians can be bitter and deranged.

I used to read this woman's old blog, back when it was called The Country Doctor's Wife or something like that. I did not recognize it until I got waaaaay into it today. She sounds like a different person.

Terri

Seems from reading my other window open to the blog, that R has had trouble with Christian homeschooling mothers before. She *used* to be a Good Girl, but now she is not. Ah.

Oh, Remudamom. You are so evil. lol

Perfect reading for a gloomy fall day. Ha!

Edited by LibraryLover

It's on her blog. Somewhere. Nasty comments etc. Shocking, huh? lol

I had never heard of her before this thread, and do not know the back story.

No, I get that she personally had problems. I thought you were saying that that what what the issue on this thread was...just a bunch of moms complaining that she's no longer "good girl" or whatever you called her. I didn't get that. I've been sitting here reading portions of her blog and I do think it's weird that she comments regularly about another blogger (I don't care what faith anyone is).

Me, too.

Is Rechelle a regular boardie here? If so, what's her board name? I remember when Ree was a regular. Guess that dates me....

Ha!

I spent a lot of time reading her blog last night after this was posted. She is vehemently anti-homeschoooling and pretty jealous of Ree in a not-so-pretty way.

I doubt she's a boardie here, but I"m sure with all these hits she'll come for a visit. :001_smile:

I think she sounds like a bad atheist too. :D

She comes across as a really mean person. I know plenty of atheists that are the nicest and most considerate people you could hope to meet. This blogger isn't one of them. She just sounds super angry and mad at anyone who is more successful than herself.

Is this gossip?

To post a link to one blog talking about another blog, neither of which person is here in person to defend themselves? Like girls on the playground snickering and laughing at someone who had left the school entirely.

Gossip...I don't think so. It is a discussion about a public blog. Isn't that the idea of a blog? To stimulate hits and comments. Both parties have blogs. My verdict: not gossip. ;)

I couldn't care less about her religious affiliation. I found some parts of her blog quite entertaining, including a few entries that poked fun at Christianity (and we are Christians).

I thought they a were funny, too, but not mean. My mother is a Christain and I love my mommy. :) I got no beef with kind Christians.