Menu

Threadkillers unite!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the only neurotypical in a household of Aspies, I often feel invisible at home; can't bear it when I kill things off here, or when I post with great care and it's just dust in the wind. Let's see if my magic touch works on this one.

OH, and I'm 99% certain I'm not a few people's ignore list. ;) I'll say something, and the person 5 posts later will say THE. EXACT. SAME. THING. Like I didn't just say it. :confused:

:lol:

No kidding. Only it took me a looong time to catch on. Because...

More often, though, I feel like I've inadvertently said something completely inappropriate and nobody knows how to keep the conversation going after that so they all wander away thinking "who let THAT weirdo in here".

re: me - Aspergers! Aspergers! Who put the @ss in Aspergers! (that's a line from my boss, BTW)

I think I inadvertently kill things because I'm posting when everyone else is asleep (except for Rosie...)

Great thread.

No kidding. Only it took me a looong time to catch on. Because...

re: me - Aspergers! Aspergers! Who put the @ss in Aspergers! (that's a line from my boss, BTW)

I think I inadvertently kill things because I'm posting when everyone else is asleep (except for Rosie...)

Great thread.

I'm awake. At least, a little awake!

And now this thread is done for.....:lol:

I don't have anyone on my ignore list. Unless someone was just totally harrassing me or something... It's an anonymous message forum anyway.

I did meet one lady from this board and she was very, very nice, but she doesn't post often.

Well, there's the end of the thread.

I'm just dumbfounded by the number of people I see responding and contributing to this thread who I really, really recognize and "hear" when they post saying the same things I feel. It's nuts I'm telling ya! :D

MG_262.gif I totally agree--most of the posters on this thread are people whose opinion I really value!

That would be GREAT! Where DO you get these great smiley faces?? They make me smile. :D

Well, they are supposed to make you smile!

I google whatever it is I am looking for - literally -- and then search 'images.' It is SO cotton candy for the mind, but also fun.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROGyfKKDtR610JHUuFpTrWR0rg2hNzqzvwDbLfJg7t1htiW-s&t=1&usg=__k5c-0nroH9C6PZgFCvrWrG5hrxg= I also usually use the word 'animated' in my search.

I have felt a couple of times like maybe I was on an ignore list. More often, though, I feel like I've inadvertently said something completely inappropriate and nobody knows how to keep the conversation going after that so they all wander away thinking "who let THAT weirdo in here".

But yeah...probably paranoia. At least that's what I tell myself...lol.

Love the tombstone btw.

And look, it's not dead yet! (Famous "last words"?)

Exactly! I'm so glad I'm not alone in this. :)

Another thread killer here. Even threads I START don't really have a chance. Sigh. ;)

No kidding. I think a personal record of mine is 8 or 9 replies. I guess I ask too many homeschooling questions and not enough controversial ones.

attachment.php?attachmentid=41723&d=1248916163

Hey, does that show up? I wanna do the cool smilies too. :D

I was wondering why all my post were the last......I also didn't know that there was a ignore list!!

Now I understand it!!

Your on an ignore list??? cause i totally got overlooked in this thread as with all threads I start and post about!

I don't have anyone on my ignore list -- I know ther eis one person who has me on theirs -- that being said.....STF, I didn't comment on your post last night b/c I didn't want to kill the thread.:lol::lol::lol: Seriously. So, let's see what happens now.girl-smiley-foot-tap-gigi.gif

Mariann - you can't change your avatar! How am I suppose to know who you are! LOL :lol:

:iagree: I knew THAT was going to happen -- I've been Big Penguin for SO long. I may go back to that one this evening -- I just felt the need to 'shake things up' kwim?;) B/c "changing one's avatar" is about the biggest risk I can handle.:lol:

24n4qdg.gif&t=1

And......................................................it's gone...

Some people have me on "ignore" IRL, too.:001_huh:

I'm totally on IRL ignore lists. It's quite frustrating.

I blame it on my lack of social skills. I seriously have never learned to 'read' people in a social situation though I try really hard.

I've been here for many, many years and just have never gotten the swing of posting lots. It would help if I posted more. I feel like most everyone probably doesn't even know who I am. ;) I think I've been here since either late 2001 or early 2002.

This is exactly how I feel. I don't post often enough to be 'well-known' even though I've been here since around 2001.

And, yes, I've killed my share of threads. :blush5:

Not only do I kill threads - but I also get food products discontinued at the store - you can count on it - if it's a product I buy all. the. time and really like it - it will be discontinued. :glare: :001_smile:

Yup, me too. I don't get tv shows cancelled, but I do notice foods that I like getting discontinued at the grocery store. :001_huh:

I must have poor self esteem. I don't feel conspicuous enough to be on anyone's ignore list :D.

Me too. I don't think anyone notices me enough to bother putting me on an ignore list. But that does explain why there are sometimes NO replies to a post of mine.

Yup, me too. I don't get tv shows cancelled, but I do notice foods that I like getting discontinued at the grocery store. :001_huh:

Yes! If I like something you can rest assured my local store will immediately stop carrying it and the only store that will have it will be across town.

I haven't noticed it happening to me on grocery items or restaurants but it definitely happens to me on tv shows. It's really my fault though because I don't watch much television (I didn't say none, just not much :) ) and I have this silly attitude on what things are "hot". If something is "hot" I assume I won't like it. I don't know why; I'm weird that way.

I did better with Lost, however. We discovered it for ourselves when they were only at the last half of season 2. That's practically at the beginning for us. Also we just started watching Lie To Me and it's in its 3rd season. Those are some of our best records. Usually we don't check them out until they are about to end or have ended. :) (ex. Angel, X Files, Charmed, Dead Zone, Alias, etc)