Menu

Blogging ....

I just started a blog I have been working on for the past couple days. I would love to have some followers from this board (if you don't mind). Could you also please list your blog if its on blogspot? I would also love to add some more followers and keep up with other's blogs.

Thanks! :001_smile:

Thanks all. I have "followed" all of you. I love keeping up with blogs daily. Especially now when I have so much free time on my hands (we haven't started our 2010-2011 school year yet). We go to Pigeon Forge, TN on vacation this week and will start when we get back. I can't wait to post pictures of our vacation now that I have a place to do so!

I just started a blog I have been working on for the past couple days. I would love to have some followers from this board (if you don't mind). Could you also please list your blog if its on blogspot? I would also love to add some more followers and keep up with other's blogs.

Thanks! :001_smile:

I love all the creativity you've add to your school day.

Your blog is very pretty. :001_smile:

Mine is in my sig line, but I'm on Wordpress, not Blogger. Mine is new also. I just started this summer. I will post primarily on K12 stuff, but also some other general homeschool stuff, and summer school/activities too. I blogged about our history club using the American Girl books this summer.

Your blog is very pretty. :001_smile:

Mine is in my sig line, but I'm on Wordpress, not Blogger. Mine is new also. I just started this summer. I will post primarily on K12 stuff, but also some other general homeschool stuff, and summer school/activities too. I blogged about our history club using the American Girl books this summer.

Thank you much for the compliment on my blog! I checked your blog out, clicked on the YouTube link. My son is sitting here and wanted to see the waterslide. Now he is telling me a whole story about how we need to get to the store RIGHT NOW and buy one of those, how we will use a pump to put the air in, etc. It has been 5 minutes already and he hasn't stopped! :eek:

my blog is in my siggy below, I am on blogspot, but I purchased my own domain, so the blogspot part in not in the address anymore.

I will be by to visit!

Welcome to the blog world! :lol:

Just curious, but what is the purpose/benefits of purchasing your own domain?

parias,

the benefits to having your own domain name are that first, if you really love your blog name, think it's unique, put a lot of time into it...would it upset you if someone else bought the domain name?

next, if you are thinking of moving your blog somewhere else- you can if you have a domain name. I am about to move to wordpress.

it is not so long, not such a mouthfull- tho my blog name is already plenty long..eh, live and learn...

it looks more serious if you are thinking of having sponsors or ads on your blog.

that's all I can think of. My reason was so I could switch to wordpress. :001_smile:

My blog is in my siggy. Followers welcome and appreciated: thinking that somebody might be reading will encourage me to get off my fat behind and post stuff. So please follow, because I won't know if you never actually read it ;)

Brittani, are you sure you are a home schooler? I think you look way too pretty and glamorous :D

(I'm sitting here with food on my top (thanks 2yo), greenish hair, baggy pants and a piece of plastic toy toast velcroed onto one foot. Oh and I don't have a box file or a weekly folder for each child either.)

Very nice looking blog though :)

Edited by Hotdrink

I've been blogging a bit more (just not in August) this year and would love to have more followers... don't know why I want them... I guess it's that feeling that what you write means something to somebody out there!!! My close friends and family read my blog often, but rarely comment and only a few are followers. Thanks for checking mine out, too! I am going to love having a quiet day off tomorrow and will be checking out each of the links of you fellow-bloggers.

PS If anyone would like to hold my hand, figuratively, and walk me through redesigning my page, I get so tripped up with what I'd like it to look like and not knowing how to get there... :001_smile:

I've come to the conclusion that blogging is definitely more fun than facebook. I think I'm too wordy for FB :D

Does anyone else sit and play with color choices for their blog?? I should get to bed because 6am comes really quickly sometimes!

I keep messing around with mine too. I can't settle on a style I like or figure out how to do the things that would make it mine. I feel like a complete dunce when it comes to blogging. Is there such a thing as Blogging for Dummies? :lol:

My blog is in my sig line. Like so many others have mentioned my blog is my accountability partner (weekly reports) a terrific way to make friends (HELLO FRIENDS!:thumbup1:) a way to keep family up to date and show them that we are not weird unsocialized homeschoolers who have dropped out of society and wears bonnets when they are not looking (no offense to those who do) but engaged, intelligent, involved people with irl friends and associates, cheap therapy (it's been a very challenging year), a place to practice my own writing, a place to be creative- like scrapbooking, an opportunity to learn (widgets and links, oh my), a place to find other like minded folks when I am feeling isolated and the odd-one out.

Blogging rocks. And I really like what you've done with yours! :001_smile:

Ourcrazylifeandbeyond wasn't showing up for me :001_huh:

My blog is in my signature. I love the list of blogs on this thread. I'll be checking them out.

It's still giving me errors, too. This is the third day in a row that I've tried. I have no idea what could be causing it. It's frustrating because I love the tiny bit of the design that I can see before it crashes, and I want to see the pictures that everyone is raving about!