Menu

Who else has "Mockingjay" pre-ordered?

I'm a bit embarrassed, but I can hardly wait for next Tuesday. These books are like crack. I'm immune to Harry Potter, Twilight and any other popular series you can name (though I did refuse to let DD the Elder get her hands on the third in the Sea of Trolls trilogy so we could read it together)... but I was up until 3 last night finishing Catching Fire. <sigh>

:seeya:

I don't have it pre-ordered and it's not on my library list, so I can't even put it on hold. I just plan to dash out to B&N the minute it's released and pay full price.

I can't wait! I'm also completely immune to Twilight, etc, but these books grabbed me immediately!

I guess I should plan on at least one 4am night when I do get it!

:seeya:

I don't have it pre-ordered and it's not on my library list, so I can't even put it on hold. I just plan to dash out to B&N the minute it's released and pay full price.

I'm too embarrassed to attend the midnight sale :tongue_smilie: but I'm hoping it arrives the morning of the 24th. I can't believe Amazon is selling it for $8.45!

Thanks for reminding me! I've been checking the library catalog periodically to get on the waiting list, but it wasn't in the system a few days ago. I just checked and it's there. I'm #16!

Just discovered it's available on the Kindle. For some reason I thought it wasn't. Guess I won't have to wait.

I'm too embarrassed to attend the midnight sale :tongue_smilie: but I'm hoping it arrives the morning of the 24th. I can't believe Amazon is selling it for $8.45!

I just nabbed one--along with the first two in the series. I've not read anything entertaining for *me* in a while. (Well, I guess I did read The Kommandant's Girl last week.)

Oh. my. goodness.

Dashing over to Amazon right now. I have a few other things I am needing, so this will save me a bit. I have no idea what B&N will charge for it but closer to $17.99 retail less maybe 30%, so Amazon is a better deal. Thanks for the tip!!!!

I'm on the hold list at the library... can't wait! I read the first two books back to back, in 2 days. Will Mockingjay be the last in the series?

I enjoy reading adult books and classical lit, but for some reason it is the young adult books I get hooked on lately. I'm right in the middle of the Percy Jackson series, and very sad that there won't be any more books.

I bought it yesterday

:svengo:

You lucked out; Scholastic has the same embargo on this as on the last few HP books.

I've had it preordered for months now! Just realized the date is almost upon us (must go clear the calendar for that day so I can read!)

I pre-ordered through Amazon, though... so I'll have to wait until 2 pm or so for the UPS guy to show up! AAaack!

(although, after reading above that someone else already HAS the book in-hand because some book store put the book out too early.... well.... now I'm sorely tempted to go driving around to anywhere locally who sells books - just to see if I luck out! LOL!!)

Oh my.

Forget the boys, I'm all about Katniss.

I'd wear that shirt! lol Team Katniss! :D

We pre-ordered through Amazon, but the estimated ship date is August 30th. I've never pre-ordered a book before. Is the estimated date when it will arrive or ship out? We did the free shipping. Maybe I should change it and pay the shipping so we get it sooner. Dd can hardly stand it.

We pre-ordered through Amazon, but the estimated ship date is August 30th. I've never pre-ordered a book before. Is the estimated date when it will arrive or ship out? We did the free shipping. Maybe I should change it and pay the shipping so we get it sooner. Dd can hardly stand it.

My estimated delivery date is Aug. 26. I have amazon prime. The book is a pretty good price so I'd be tempted to go ahead and pay the shipping if I were you. :D

I enjoy reading adult books and classical lit, but for some reason it is the young adult books I get hooked on lately. I'm right in the middle of the Percy Jackson series, and very sad that there won't be any more books.

Isn't that funny? I'm the same way. I enjoy son's books just as much or maybe even more than he does. We are always fighting over who gets to read the books first.

My estimated delivery date is Aug. 26. I have amazon prime. The book is a pretty good price so I'd be tempted to go ahead and pay the shipping if I were you. :D
Mine too, but about half the time my Amazon pre-orders arrive on the release day.

Not me. (I couldn't even make it through the first book in that series.)

However, I have I Shall Wear Midnight on pre-order. It's the fourth book in Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men series! I cannot wait until Sept. 28!!! (My dc don't know it's coming & will be so excited when I surprise them w/ it!) We all absolutely love The Wee Free Men series.

51K0WpnYYiL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

(Sorry to hijack, but I thought at least a couple of you would want to know about "I Shall Wear Midnight" in case you didn't already know....)

:svengo:

You lucked out; Scholastic has the same embargo on this as on the last few HP books.

I know! I saw it at our BX (on base store) and did not think much about it. They did not have Catching Fire, so I had to go to B&N for that one. When I got to B&N, of course they only had Catching Fire...and not Mockingjay.

After I went back to the BX and bought it, I just assumed they put it out a couple of days early. I was not until yesterday that I realized *how early they were.

I finished MJ last night...

I've had it in my Holds list at the library for a couple months now. Don't know how far down the list I am as they haven't posted that yet. Our library usually doesn't make the book available until about a week after it appears in stores, though. :glare:

Cinder

I've had it in my Holds list at the library for a couple months now. Don't know how far down the list I am as they haven't posted that yet. Our library usually doesn't make the book available until about a week after it appears in stores, though. :glare:

Cinder

Hey! Do you want me to loan you our copy when we are done with it? It might be faster than the holds list, although there are 3 of us dying to read it.

A dear friend gave me all the books for my bday this year, even preordering the third to be delivered next week! Can't wait!

And I find it too funny that this is my first actual post... been perusing the forum, getting great advice already, but it takes a post about the Hunger Games to bring me out of my shell! :laugh:

A dear friend gave me all the books for my bday this year, even preordering the third to be delivered next week! Can't wait!

And I find it too funny that this is my first actual post... been perusing the forum, getting great advice already, but it takes a post about the Hunger Games to bring me out of my shell! :laugh:

Welcome!!

Glad you're posting! :grouphug:

Hey! Do you want me to loan you our copy when we are done with it? It might be faster than the holds list, although there are 3 of us dying to read it.

That's so sweet of you. I have a feeling that I'm really high up on the list, though. As soon as I knew about it, I requested the library order the book. Then a couple months ago it appeared in my holds list. That usually only happens when your request is first and they act on it. I've requested books that they've ordered but it never showed up on my holds list. I'm assuming I wasn't the first to request it.

On the other hand, it is completely possible that you all will finish reading it before my library decides to put the book out. :tongue_smilie:

Cinder

Great! It's threads like this that get me sucked into yet another book or series that I have to put on my mental list. My husband even bought me a little notebook for this past Christmas that the whole thing looks like a series of pages made from the "check out" list that use to be in the front of library books. That way I can jot down all the "next" books to read.

That's two series now written down to check out. Two!

Me! Unfortunately I preordered it with Amazon and they're saying it'll be here by the 30th. I don't know if ds or I can wait that extra six days!

And that is why I don't pre-order. On the morning of the 24th, after I've got my face on, I will head to the local BN and buy it there, bright and early. And if I have to have a little Cabbage Patch Kids like throw down to obtain a last copy, well...:leaving:

;) (sort of, lol)

I'm just wondering if Amazon will deliver it to my Kindle App on my iPhone at midnight. And do I have to do anything? It's already pre-ordered. It just really stinks that I wont be able to stay up and read it last tonight! I have to get up early to take DD to her doctors appointment. Ugh!

I'm just wondering if Amazon will deliver it to my Kindle App on my iPhone at midnight. And do I have to do anything? It's already pre-ordered. It just really stinks that I wont be able to stay up and read it last tonight! I have to get up early to take DD to her doctors appointment. Ugh!

Please fix your verb tenses or I am going to have to arrest you on some kind of time travel violation! :D :tongue_smilie: :lol: