Menu

I passed my HESI!

I get to stay in nursing school! Whoohoo!

I was pretty sure I'd failed, so I pushed the little "score" button and made the proctor look instead of me.

I've been so freaked out about this stinkin' test. But now it's done. Phew!

Pam, Pam, Pam only you would think that you would fail. :smash: That is me pounding sense into your head. Congratulations!

How did the wee one do on her test? That was this week, too, right?

Yah Yippee Yahoo! We can party tomorrow now instead of drowning your sorrows.

I knew you would, BTW.:D

What do want? Name it, I'll do my best!

I tried working on her tolerance when she was here, but I don't think it did much good. Have fun tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you guys. :crying: Pam does have my number....

Congratulations! I graduated with a BSN 28 years ago. They do the school and testing so different now.

Melanie, I'm so freaked out by my score. It means that average students like me who test well "look" good. And with massive grade inflation, my grades are very good, so I "look" even better. Looks are seriously deceiving. I wish I were in a program where I were struggling frantically (along with other moderately bright people in the program) to make a B average.

Multiple-guess testing for nurses *stinks*, IMO. I'm at least thankful to say that none of the med administration questions were multiple choice.

:confused:

Melanie, I'm so freaked out by my score. It means that average students like me who test well "look" good. And with massive grade inflation, my grades are very good, so I "look" even better. Looks are seriously deceiving. I wish I were in a program where I were struggling frantically (along with other moderately bright people in the program) to make a B average.

Multiple-guess testing for nurses *stinks*, IMO. I'm at least thankful to say that none of the med administration questions were multiple choice.

:confused:

Pam, you sell yourself short. You are extremely smart and work hard. You don't just "look" good, you ARE good. Do I need to get the pounding smilely out again to work on you?

Thinking you'd fail. I thought I was the only one who did things like that (and, of course, I haven't had reason to do it since college).

You are deserving of:

A hot bath

A warm hug

A cold drink

A round of applause!!!

But, it's just me here...so I'll just jump up and down for you in my living room. bounce.gifPromise me you'll get those other things for yourself, though, 'kay? There's always the (homage to Debra...) dee-aitch!

Pam, you sell yourself short. You are extremely smart and work hard. You don't just "look" good, you ARE good. Do I need to get the pounding smilely out again to work on you?

You're sweet! It's complicated. I just wish my program were more... well, less of a scan-tron driven entity.

Everybody says, "Just go to grad school." But I think nursing should be the furthest thing from a multiple-choice mentality possible. How can patient care be enhanced when I can eliminate two bad answers and choose between two sorta good sounding ones? (And sometimes, you choose between the least wrong of the four choices. *shudder*)

Anyway, I'm not really putting myself down. I promise. :D

I don't know what a HESI is. (Is it related to a HEMI?) But I'm glad, glad, glad that you passed it!!

10.gif

Testing well doesn't mean you're not qualified. It means you think well when it counts. That's the sort of person I want practicing medicine on my son in the ER, savvy?

So far I have seen an emergency room physician, my family dr. and a chiroprator and all they have managed to tell me is what is not wrong with me, what some of the complications of what is wrong with me are but not what's actually wrong with me. Sounds like crossing out the two wrong answers and choosing between what's left to me and there are three of them. I think that they are all very competent and wonderful doctors but sometimes medicine is more an art than a science. I would consider myself lucky to have a nurse like you. :)

I'm not exactly sure what you passed, but "WELL DONE PAM!!!!!".

As far as smart goes, you're one of the people who's mails I always look out for as your obvious intelligence, thoughtfulness, kindness and generosity always come through.

Guest Virginia Dawn

Of course you did. We could have told you were going to, but did you ask us...nooo.

Next time you doubt yourself, consult the WTM psychics, ahem, I mean psychologists.

You're sweet! It's complicated. I just wish my program were more... well, less of a scan-tron driven entity.

Everybody says, "Just go to grad school." But I think nursing should be the furthest thing from a multiple-choice mentality possible. How can patient care be enhanced when I can eliminate two bad answers and choose between two sorta good sounding ones? (And sometimes, you choose between the least wrong of the four choices. *shudder*)

Anyway, I'm not really putting myself down. I promise. :D

Oh yes..... those lovely multiple choice questions!

Congrats on passing.