Menu

Another baby name thread- boy names this time!

I already have 3 boys, and dh seems to be vetoing all the boy names that are still left on my list, so I figured I'd come here for suggestions.

Here's the rules:

1. It must be in the Bible.

2. It can't start with B, M, N, E, T, L, or S (trying not to repeat first initials or use the same initial as our last name).

3. While we have not definitely picked a middle name, it would be great if the name sounds good with Ezra as a middle name, as that is my Grandpa's middle name and I've always wanted to use it. Other middle name suggestions are welcome though, especially if they sound good with a particular first name suggestion.

Thanks!

Ooh, I like that one.

To the poster who suggested Caleb- my newphew is named Caleb, so that one is out. I do like it though!

If my husband had not vetoed it, our little guy due next month would be named Gideon. I hope you use it! ;)

I 2nd Samuel and Josiah Ezra, but I really like Micah Ezra. :D I know no M's or S's.

Josiah Ezra is actually on my list, but for some reason dh didn't seem too thrilled with it. But it's hard to know what he'll end up liking when we discuss names more seriously about 6 months from now!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

My next boy would be Zechariah.

I wonder what my dh would think of that one. He told me that he doesn't want to just use a Bible name for the sake of using a Bible name. He wants to actually REALLY like the name. Our 3 boys happen to have Bible names, but they are names that we really like. I'd prefer to stick with Bible names, but that means narrowing them down to the ones that dh and I both like.

We wound up with Gabriel....

I also like:

Jordan

Job

Paul

I like the idea of one New Testament name and one OT, so how about:

Phillip Ezra

Luke Ezra

Dh and I chose Peter, but his mother and grandmother vetoed it because of stupid immature slang reasons.

Guest mrsjamiesouth

It can't start with B, M, N, E, T, L, or S That narrows the field a bit

Amos Ezra

Gabriel Ezra

Job Ezra

Joel Ezra

Jude Ezra

Reuben Ezra

Jude is my favorite of the list.

I LOVE Jude also. Our Gabriel Adam was going to be Peter Jude before his grandmothers went ballistic.

That's why we never tell anyone our name choices before the baby is born. It stays a secret between dh and I (and some strangers on the internet who are helping me think of ideas, LOL!). Then when the baby is born, we tell everyone their name. It's not up for debate at that point.

That's why we never tell anyone our name choices before the baby is born. It stays a secret between dh and I (and some strangers on the internet who are helping me think of ideas, LOL!). Then when the baby is born, we tell everyone their name. It's not up for debate at that point.

It's probably best they went ballistic BEFORE I had raging postpartum hormones. We like to keep our family relationships cordial, loving, and intact. He's a Gabriel, now that he's here.

I LOVE Joel Ezra. Jude Ezra a very close second.

I like Joel Ezra too. Joel was on my 'like-list' for this baby, but.... you know, dh didn't agree.

Friends of ours called their son Judea. It's a different name, but it's grown on me. It would go with Ezra as well.

Just another thought.