Menu

Places you have lived?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list is a kind of long. My favorite places were the southwest, California, and overseas. However, I've enjoyed each and every place I've called home.

California

Germany

Japan

Italy

Tennessee

Kentucky

Oklahoma

Colorado

Iowa

Ohio

Washington DC

Illinois

Georgia

Arizona

Hawaii

Guam

I'm sure I missed somewhere, but we moved around when I was a kid too.:auto:

I've lived all over CA, both northern and southern at one point or another. Settled in the Bay Area for the better part of my life. Moved to WA 8 years ago. Would love to live where the sun shines a little more but you can't beat getting all four seasons and the beauty each one brings through plant life and snow.:)

Detroit, MI--don't remember

Bowling Green, KY--nice place

Childersburg, AL--very.small.

Texas City, TX--flat

Nashville, TN--(lived here 3 diff. times)

Greenville, SC--loved it; everybody's yard was like a park

Fort Worth, TX--good friends

Knoxville, TN--love nest with my dh

Czech Republic--interesting

I love Nashville; would live in Greenville or Bowling Green; but now that I've visited a few more places, I could totally see myself living in England or Portland, OR. I'm fond of clouds and rain! I almost forgot: could totally settle down in San Diego. What weather!

Dh is from BG and we both went to WKU! And we currently live in the Knox. area!

During my first 7 years of life, I lived in Texas, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Between the ages of 7 and 17, I lived in 3 different cities in Brazil (Campinas, Fortaleza, and Manaus) and in Florida.

Most of the time since then I lived in Alabama.

Last year we moved to West Africa. We've lived in Mali and Senegal so far.

Blessings,

Laura

California

New Zealand

Back to US in several months!

It was a good experience living in NZ. I see how spoiled I was in the U.S. and how I took some common things for granted. I missed my extended family more than I expected as well. I am returning with a deeper appreciation for the way of life in the U.S. and being with family! God has really taught me a lot. I can't wait to get back. I don't mind visiting foreign countries, as long as I can call the U.S. "home"!

Since being married we've lived in:

Kansas

Tennessee

Ohio

Texas (3 times - 2 cities)

Washington

and soon to be moving again this summer

I loved the NW and would love to summer there and perhaps find some nice sunny spot for winters!

I am an Air Force Brat married to an Air Force Guy!

Growing up we lived in:

Los Angeles, Ca

Phoenix, AZ

Biloxi, MS

Oklahoma City, OK

Hessich Oldendorf, Germany

Landstuhl, Germany

Ramstein, Germany

Kaiserslautern, Germany

MCAAP, McCalister, OK

Alamagordo, NM

Prum Air Station, Germany...graduated from Bitburg High School

Rome, NY

Then I married Dh:

Las Vegas, NV

Rome, NY...Dh was remote to Korea for a year

Tacoma, WA

Panama City, FL

Del Rio, TX

Eagle River, AK

Biloxi, MS

Where I would love to live:

Anywhere outside the United States! We would love to tour Europe with the Dc!

My mom moved a lot when I was younger. We lived in tons of cities within all of these states. It seemed like we moved every 6 months give or take. Now after all the moving I live back in the state I was born. Go figure.

Wyoming

California

Oregon

Washington

Texas

Arkansas

Utah

North Dakota

South Dakota

Montana

Nevada

Born in Durham, NC

Boarding school in Wallingford, CT

Senior year of high school in Rennes, France

1 semester of college in Northampton, MA

Back to Durham NC

hated living in Jacksonville, FL for 4 years

Back to Durham, NC

In the process of buying a house in Fargo, ND

My dad was in the Air Force until I was 14, so we lived lots of places! Not that I've "settled down" since marriage, either.

Childhood:

Tacoma, Washington (birth-2)

Rantoul, Illinois (2-3)

Las Vegas, Nevada (3-5)

Kadena, Okinawa Japan (5-7)

North Highlands, CA (7-10)

Mountain Home, ID (Dad retired here (10-18)

Adulthood:

Santa Clarita, CA (college)

Valencia, CA (1st year of marriage)

Moscow, ID (2nd-3rd years of marriage)

Ridgecrest, CA (4th year-present)

It is so cool to see all the military "brats" here. My dad was in the Navy so here is my list.

Jacksonville, FL

Oxon Hill, MD

Kanitra, Morocco

Jacksonville, FL

Norfolk, VA

Omaha, NE

Honolulu, HI (We actually lived on Ford Island in the middle of Pearl Harbor)

Falls Church, VA

Harrisonburg, VA (went to JMU)

Arlington, VA

Woodbridge, VA

Stafford, VA

VA (multiple times), NC (multiple times), SC, GA, CT, HI, Guam (very briefly when I was very young).

Places I would like to live: Seattle area; Charleston, SC area; Northern Italy (Val Gardena in the Dolomites) -- feasible only if I win millions of $$; Brugge, Belgium; or somewhere in Scandanavia. Of course, a Pacific island would be another great option. ;)

Have lived: Limestone, Maine (born there); Grand Forks, North Dakota; Minneapolis, Minnesota; Omaha, Nebraska; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Oslo, Norway (actually lived in a small town called Vollen south of Drammen); Steinalben, Germany (small village near Pirmasens); Aurora, Colorado (graduated from high school here); Baltimore, Maryland (college); and Upland, Pomona, Ontario, Tustin and Chatsworth in California (seminary and beyond). We've been in this house for 6 years--longer than anywhere I have ever lived!

Would like to live: Norway (again!), England, Ireland, Vermont, or coastal New England

Small town Southern California most of my life- from hospital to high school and everything in between 1 square mile (but we did travel lots!).

Went to University in Los Angeles, and Brighton, United Kingdom.

LA and environs (Torrance and Glendale).

Morocco - big city and tiny mountain village.

Back to the same small town, but beyond the 1 sq. mile (stretching myself a bit since I've been back!)

As a military brat:

Born in Okinawa, Japan

Washington DC

Ruston, Louisiana

Dayton, Ohio (loved catching fireflies as a kid)

Las Vegas, Nevada (loved it here as a kid and always thought I'd go back)

Great Falls, Montana (df retired here)

Missoula, Montana (college)

Larchmont, New York

As a military wife:

San Vito, Italy (dd born in Naples, Italy)

Spokane, Washington (twins born here)

Misawa, Japan (dd born here)

Bury St. Edmunds, UK

Lakenheath, UK

Absolutely loved living overseas and would go back to Italy, Japan or England in a heartbeat.

This reminds me I need to get busy and update my blog. I try to write about the places we've visited so we'll be able to look back on it. I keep meaning to write about the places we've lived, but time keeps slipping away. I'm kinda nervous, because I've never shared my blog here.

Isn't It Midnight

Let's see...Born in Southern California, then off to Washington, Hawaii, Alabama, Hanau Germany, Washington, Ca., Alabama, Wiesbaden Germany, Alabama, San Antonio Texas, Monterey California, Mississippi, North Carolina, Misawa Japan, San Angelo Texas, Dayton Ohio, Melbourne Florida, near Tokyo Japan and moving next week to Fairfield California!! Can you tell I'm married to a military guy?!? This does not include countries/states we've visited.

Favorite place was Melbourne Florida...wonderful people, inexpensive living, and loved having the beach just short drive away.

I'm not to interested in many other places...kinda tired of travelling. I've already visited enough places in both Europe and Asia to have my fill of travelling. Hope to settle in Florida.

This has been a fun thread to read!

For me:

Born in SE Missouri (I pronounce it Missoura)

Briefly lived in Nashville, TN

then to Coastal CT

Southern ME

MD (brief stint)

N. Dallas/Plano, TX

back to Nashville

Knoxville

Maybe adding Tulsa, OK to our list next.

I've loved all of the places I've lived for different reasons. I wouldn't want to be back in the town I grew up in MO, especially not with my children but we sure love to visit.

There are various places we'd love to live, but I'm really happy where we are now. Love being close to family, have fabulous friends, wonderful family friendly city, great church... Trying to think of a move as an adventure! :)

• 4 weeks later...

Deer River, MN

Winnebago, MN

Chugiak, AK

Federal Way, WA

Holtwick, Germany

Chicago, IL

Carol Stream, IL

Portland, OR

Dundee, OR

I would absolutely love to go back to Alaska. It's where I spent the largest chunk of my growing up years. Otherwise, I have a very, very romantic view of what living on the northeast seaboard is like.

Started out in NC

Spent a year in Sevilla, Spain during college - that was great but a strange combination of first time in a big city and first time in a foreign city.

Denton, TX for a year of grad school at UNT

Brooklyn, NY - here's where I figured out that part of my experience in Sevilla had been big city. And I met dh here.

Back to NC, near Charlotte this time - we're happy here

But, if we were to move, I'd love to go back to Spain, or try Italy or Scotland.

Iowa, California, Indiana, Texas, England, Kansas, Missouri, Washington DC, North Carolina,Virginia. I have been in VA(southwest VA in the mountains) for 14 years now, the longest I have ever been anywhere. I am happy here and don't want to go anywhere else. Travel, yes. Live, no.

Susie in SWVA

Amherst was the farthest I ever lived from my family. Was raised on the Cape, went to school in Amherst, lived right over the bridge in Cedarville and am now back on the Cape. :)

What can I say, my family is here and it is home.

Did you go to ZooMass, or one of the other 6(?) colleges in Amherst?

Does it bug you when people pronounce the "h"?

Did you ever hang out in Northampton? We used to. ;)

Born in Frankfurt, Germany

Budingen, Germany

Berlin, Germany

El Paso, TX

Stockton, CA

Olympia, WA

Sacramento, CA

Campbell, CA

El Paso, TX

Campbell, CA

Silver Lake, WA

Santa Clara, CA

Lebanon, OR (can we say culture shock! :eek:)

Bend, OR

Brookings, OR

Albany, OR

Lebanon, OR

Salem, OR (met DH who was born and raised in Dallas, OR)

Bath, ME

Clayton, NC

We will stay here for a few years but we are thinking Idaho next. I would love to live overseas or in Vermont with money no object of course. :001_smile:

I too was an Army brat but we did not move as much because my Dad went and my Mother and us kids stayed.

Another habit I got from my parents (both were Army brats too) is that if we don't move then every 6 months or so all the furniture and stuff gets moved around. :lol:

Pomeroy Ave (San Jose, CA)

Army Base near Atlanta, GA

Pomeroy Ave (San Jose, CA)

Pumpherston Ave (San Jose, CA)

Septembersong Ct. (San Jose, CA)

Meadow Ct. (Morgan Hill, CA)

Manfre Rd. (Morgan Hill, CA)

7 Trees (San Jose, CA)

A temprary home I can't remember in San Jose, CA

Whispering Forest Ct. Lilburn, GA

Sunset Strip in Sunrise, FL (Ft. Lauderdale)

Lynchburg, VA (dorms)

East Capitol Street, Washington, DC

Reston, VA

Vienna, VA

Fredericksburg, VA

Ft. Smith, AR

Fredericksburg, VA

Mechanicsville, VA

Fredericksburg, VA... where I am now.

20 "moves" in 40 years... not lots of different cities, just different houses and areas.

I was born in Oklahoma, moved one time and lived in the same place until I got married at 19. Since then, we have moved 15 time and will move once again next month. Mostly have lived in Texas (Is there anyplace else to live?) in the Houston area. Hot as blazes in the summer, but I don't like cold weather so I have learned to deal with it. I have told my husband we can living anywhere in Texas he wants. Oh, Texas!

I grew up all around Ohio. I loved Columbus but the other small towns seemed small townish:) As a married couple we lived there for 15 mths as part of a military stint and I loved living by family. I cried when we left.

Indiana- Q: If it's 5:30 p.m. in Ohio, what time is it in Indiana? A: 1950

Connecticut- LOVE the east coast. Very quaint and loaded with history

Los Angeles- smoggy and espensive. LOTS to do- ocean, mountains. I sure miss Leo Carrillo beach! Actually I miss CA but becasue we aren't millionaries I'm glad I'm not raising a fam there.

New Mexico (not the Rio Grande valley) lots of nature to exlore, not many people. Truly the wild west. Great place to visit. Couldn't wait to move.

South Dakota- um. We love our acerage.

I would love to move back to either coast- northern CA, OR or WA. Or Colorado Springs. Or Ohio :) I would love to live in Israel (but not forever).

After I got married, we lived in Baltimore. We then moved to Bristol, TN. After that it was Williamson, WV. Now we are back in TN, about an hr north of Knoxville.

I loved living in Bristol. I wasn't fond of living in Baltimore, but I did enjoy the food.

I enjoy living in the South, but I miss the food from the North. I grew up in Jersey and I miss real pretzels, hoagies (with hard rolls!), cheese steaks, good sausage, bagels, seafood, and the variety of "international" food that you can get up North.

I like the slower pace of the South. It is much less crowded, and the people seem more friendly. But it is harder to "fit in" around here. We are in a very small town, and if you haven't lived here forever you don't really belong.