• Pink
    • Red

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink

ETA: Oh, wait, I just saw the "shades of red" theory, and now I want to change my answer to green. :)

Odd... I initially voted 'Green' because of the shades of red theory, but I would now like to defect to 'Red' because of the primary color classification....:confused:

:bigear: Waiting for an answer... please?

Ok, I don't understand anymore what we're doing here. If Spy Car won't tell us what the right answer is, what's the point.

What is the answer?! :)

(Maybe it's a social experiment to see if Bethany freaks out if she doesn't get it right. Good grief, I have issues. :D)

Edited by bethanyniez

Ok, I don't understand anymore what we're doing here. If Spy Car won't tell us what the right answer is, what's the point.

(Maybe it's a social experiment to see if Bethany freaks out if she doesn't get it right. Good grief, I have issues. :D)

Oh he will tell us...............eventually! :D

Maybe its purple because its the only one that doesn't have argument for it.:tongue_smilie:

I like this. :001_smile:

Oh, I like this one too. "Scary-smart" :lol:

I'm sure a consensus must be emerging...let's go check the poll [cue "traveling music"]

Duh, duh, duh, dum, duh, duh, duh. Duh, duh...

Hmm, no consensus yet :D

Bill

YOU'RE *really* funny in this thread! Come on, Bill, Bethany NEEDS to know the answer! You're ruining her whole day by keeping her waiting!!! :lol:

I'd say green.

All the others are shades of/made with red.

That's what I voted, and why.

Edited to add: IMHO, as long as you can justify your choice, it's right.

Edited by nmoira

Yes eventually I'll tell you what the book "says", but is that the "right answer". Who knows?

Yes, cute picture.

Bill

Well, Bill, as soon as you tell us what the book says we can begin the twenty pages of debate about whether that was really and truly the "right" answer. I say let's get to it.:D

Well, Bill, as soon as you tell us what the book says we can begin the twenty pages of debate about whether that was really and truly the "right" answer. I say let's get to it.:D

Maybe we need a poll to determine when I should "spill"? :D

Besides I'm not sure there really is one right answer (blatant pander designed to assuage the feelings of the great many who are sure to be "wrong" :tongue_smilie:).

Bill

Orange - because it's not just a color, but moonlights as a fruit

Green - out because it doesn't contain red

Red - out because it's the only primary

Pink - has no R or E; is not primary or secondary; not a color, it's a tint; not in the rainbow;

Well... I think Pink has more reasons to be out.

(And, it was my first choice.)

Now, when we look at it from a Ker standpoint, as this was the target audience, I would have to say that the simpler answer is correct, Pink, since it is not primary or secondary, or in a box of 8 crayons (or in a rainbow).

DD9: Pink, because it's not made up of primary colors, as white is not a primary color. Red is made up of primary colors, because it IS a primary color.

And... umm... is it my imagination, or is Pink italicized in the poll?

Edited by JoyfulMama
dd9 added her $.02

Orange - because it's not just a color, but moonlights as a fruit

Green - out because it doesn't contain red

Red - out because it's the only primary

Pink - has no R or E; is not primary or secondary; not a color, it's a tint; not in the rainbow;

Well... I think Pink has more reasons to be out.

(And, it was my first choice.)

Now, when we look at it from a Ker standpoint, as this was the target audience, I would have to say that the simpler answer is correct, Pink, since it is not primary or secondary, or in a box of 8 crayons (or in a rainbow).

Which proves that since I chose pink I think like a K'er:lol::lol:. That could be a good thing, right?:D

Ok here we go.

First, the prize for my favorite answer goes to LauraGB for:

"Maybe its purple because its the only one that doesn't have argument for it".

I think I'd sent her off to some institution for "evaluation," and close monitoring :D

Honorable mention to Daisy for:

"I pick orange. It's the only one that is a color and an object.

I don't know enough about color theory, but Green...seems plausible. But "wrong" (according to the book).

Pink was my first thought. Being a pastel and a shade of another color. But that was wrong too.

So drum-roll while I look up the correct answer......Darn! Where did I leave those reading glasses???

Edited by Spy Car

Purple is the only one with a U and Red is the only one with a D, Pink is the only one with an I. So that rules out that method.

You think waaaaay too hard for me. :001_smile:

IMHO, as long as you can justify your choice, it's right.

I like this. :D

orange, because it's the only one that starts with a vowel?

You win the-most-obscure-yet-obvious award. :D I like that answer. Why is this thread so fun to me? Maybe I just like to see how people think...

Edited by bethanyniez
too, to, two. :O)

First, the prize for my favorite answer goes to LauraGB for:

"Maybe its purple because its the only one that doesn't have argument for it".

I think I'd sent her off to some institution for "evaluation," and close monitoring :D

How do you think I became so scary smart??!

Green. No red in that one.

Right?

That's how I voted, but my hobby is painting. All the colors but green have red in them.

You could say that red is the odd one out as the only primary.

The problem with this is that with either answer, the ones left are 3 of one kind and 1 of another: either 3 mixtures containing red plus pure red, or 4 mixtures, one of which has no red.

Poorly written problem, but it does give opportunity for development of thinking skills!

Note to self: always look for the readers on top of your head.

So, in case your powers of deduction are less than strong....the book (which keeps the author's names hidden [for obvious reasons]) says:

Red.

I'm assuming because red is the only primary colo(u)r, but no explanation is offered.

Parragon Books is located in Bath England in case you want to beat up the publishers with a cricket-bat :D

I have the address

Thanks for playing!

Feel free to argue it out. For the historical record the Poll results at the time of spill were:

Orange 7 (5.47%)

Purple 2 (1.56%)

Green 45 (35.16%)

Pink 36 (28.13%)

Red 38 (29.69%)

Which means only 70.31% of the participants (on a forum where the average IQ is over 140 :tongue_smilie:) got it wrong. Not bad! :D

Bill