Are you guys watching this?

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like my heart is skipping beats.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/10/15/colorado.boy.balloon/

My dh is watching the coverage live on his computer and I can't even stand to watch, I'm so scared for that boy.

Yeah, I was about to post.

It's deflating and tipping quite a bit more than it was 30 minutes ago. It's down from 11000 to 6500 feet according to local news.

I'm so terrified for him.

Wow, there is no one in there. I hope he is hiding at their house or something and didn't fall out. :(

:iagree:

Does anyone know how far the balloon has traveled? If he did fall out, how much area are they going to have to search?

I really hope he's hiding somewhere and never got in there....

Wife Swap episode of this family: http://www.yidio.com/show/wife-swap/season-5/episode-1/121550

(full episode--the 2nd time they were on)

I won't be watching due to certain family choices, but if anyone else is interested. My understanding is that the other one shows safety and discipline issues. I don't know if this one does.

Edited by 2J5M9K

My heart is pounding. This hits too close to home. My son Bear -- who is six -- and who is a wild daredevil -- was born just north of Ft. Collins (his sibling's godmother lived there) and while we lived there we were pretty involved in the local weird science organizations. I really, deeply, truly hope this is some kind of stupid publicity stunt on the part of his family.

Wife Swap episode of this family: http://www.yidio.com/show/wife-swap/season-5/episode-1/121550

(full episode--the 2nd time they were on)

I won't be watching due to certain family choices, but if anyone else is interested. My understanding is that the other one shows safety and discipline issues. I don't know if this one does.

Are you kidding me.

Edited by LibraryLover

You'd think someone would have noticed if he'd fallen out. I mean, wouldn't they have found him?

Hope to heck he's hiding, afraid of his parents being angry.

It seems like someone would have seen it if he had fallen out. I heard that there has been one report from someone who may have seen something fall from the balloon and the police are checking it out.

I'm thinking that if he is at home, or near home, and just hiding, he might be even more afraid to come out of hiding if there are cameras and reporters and police everywhere....

I bet he is hiding somewhere. The way the neighbors describe the balloon spinning, it doesn't sound possible he was in it.

How much weight could 500 cf of helium carry?

ETA: DS and I figured it should only be able to carry about 45 lbs (using some pretty rough estimates). My (soon to be) 6 yo weighs 44 lbs. (He's tall but skinny.) Hmmmm... I wonder how much the balloon itself weighs.

Edited by darlasowders

I'm sure he's hiding. He and his brothers probably thought it'd be a funny gag. I'm surprised he hasn't shown up though just because a 6yo (esp such a rambunctious one) isn't likely to stay hidden so long. Next idea is that dad was involved. But even still, you'd think something would have come out by now.

Hopefully, regardless, the little guy is okay and will be okay.

ETA: news reporting currently that there was a box attached to the balloon and that is missing. They think the boy had gotten in the box <sigh>. I wonder why they don't have pictures of what they are talking about, pictures of the boy (close ups, by himself, etc), etc.

Edited by 2J5M9K

Yep. Not in the news (yet). But I got this gut feeling, and sure enough.

Bill

I don't typically watch Wife Swap, but thought maybe it was on there? Their neighbor was interviewed earlier and spoke about the kids and school, so I was just curious what the real story might be.

Yep. Not in the news (yet). But I got this gut feeling, and sure enough.

Bill

Can't find the article now, but I read that the parents would keep them home from school when there was an opportunity for storm chasing. That made me think that they go to school, rather than being homeschooled.

Could be wrong, though...

I live about 1/2 mile from this family and their boys did got to school at the neighborhood school. I think a friend of mine mentioned that the mom passed out flyers at the school about their Wife Swap episode when it was going to air.

But things change. *shrugs* I don't know if they still go to the school or not.

My first thought on seeing it on the news was "please don't let them be hs."

Can't find the article now, but I read that the parents would keep them home from school when there was an opportunity for storm chasing. That made me think that they go to school, rather than being homeschooled.

I read it on the internet and we all know the internet can't be wrong :D

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/tv/episodeguide/wife_swap_s5_e16/

I really hope this is a hoax.

Bill

Looks like they do attend school, but are taken out to chase storms.

Edited by LibraryLover

I read it on the internet and we all know the internet can't be wrong :D

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/tv/episodeguide/wife_swap_s5_e16/

I really hope this is a hoax.

Bill

I hope this is not a hoax, but rather a case of a little boy scared to come home because of the ruckus. They usually come home safe and sound though. I hope he really didn't fall out somewhere though.