Menu

Prayer request for my mom

My mom is Robin Finley, the author of Analytical Grammar. Many of you know that she has been fighting stage four sarcoma (cancer) for 1.5 years now. Her new chemo is working; the tumors have become smaller. Unfortunately, the chemo has left her immuno-compromised. She has been admitted into the hospital with typical, bi-lateral pneumonia. They're still trying to find the right drug to kill off whatever virus/bacteria/fungus is causing it.

Please keep her in your prayers and also hold the docs in prayer that they'll be able to dose her with the right drug to cure this lung infection.

She's totally coherent and talking, but needs an oxygen mask to get her breath. She's been at the hospital since last night and hasn't worsened, which is good.

Thanks for the prayers ...

My mom is Robin Finley, the author of Analytical Grammar. Many of you know that she has been fighting stage four sarcoma (cancer) for 1.5 years now. Her new chemo is working; the tumors have become smaller. Unfortunately, the chemo has left her immuno-compromised. She has been admitted into the hospital with typical, bi-lateral pneumonia. They're still trying to find the right drug to kill off whatever virus/bacteria/fungus is causing it.

Please keep her in your prayers and also hold the docs in prayer that they'll be able to dose her with the right drug to cure this lung infection.

She's totally coherent and talking, but needs an oxygen mask to get her breath. She's been at the hospital since last night and hasn't worsened, which is good.

Thanks for the prayers ...

:grouphug: praying

I'm so sorry I haven't updated everyone. Mom is still in the hospital. She had a bronchoscopy yesterday (camera into her lungs). She's feeling a little better each day. They've pretty much ruled out lymphatic spread of the cancer (thank the Lord!) and are thinking it's either a reaction to her chemo or a weird virus.

Thank you all for your prayers; we can't tell you how much it means to us!

They expect her to remain at Rex at least through the weekend.