Menu

this is NOT to stir the pot, but....

I saw a reference the other day to a thread that went kablooey over little boys sitting down to pee ~ never saw that one myself, but I though (when I saw the reference) "who the heck cares how someone else pees??" :tongue_smilie:

The really nasty one was a few years ago on the old boards...Its still seared in my memory, LOL.

The really nasty one was a few years ago on the old boards...Its still seared in my memory, LOL.

Seriously, I can't even imagine how that one could go horribly wrong :001_huh:

Here are some more:

Public assistance

Green-ness

Global climate change (or global warming, if you disagree with the concept)

Political correctness

Death of courtesy (AKA "I'll do what I want and you'll just have to deal with it!")

The Duggars

The quiverfull concept

Artificial insemination

Membership in the Girl Scouts (I guess that could fit under feminism too though)

Vaccination

Seriousness of the H1N1 flu (though I don't think that has exploded like some of the others, really)

Man, we bicker a LOT!!!

Edited by melissel

I know I'm joining into the fun late...the thread has somewhat imploded into :lol:s, but thought I'd add anyway:

Toys with batteries

Wooden toys

Barbie

Hannah Montana

Faceless Waldorf dolls

Plastic dolls

Wooden playhouses

Plastic toys

Cartoons

Cartoon-less

TV

no TV

ETA: Has anyone mentioned the combination of pop culture books and library readalouds yet?

Cable

no cable

TV on the PC

no PC

Edited by BikeBookBread

Potter

low carb

unschooling

Obama

Bush

Clinton

vaccines

extended nursing (yes, I know how to count)

Saxon

Singapore

cursive

pagan

witch

halloween

santa (should he be capitalized?)

ebay

Wal Mart

Green Day

Praise Team

Osteen

Pearls

Ezzo

antibacterial

Ramsey

homebirth

Pledge

Iran

Iraq

Afghanastan

Israel

tipping

HSLDA (you didn't ban initials)

spanking

The Passsion (movie)

Goosebumps

Spongebob

texting

manners

eating

Facebook

Twitter

ETA: Reselling (as in curriculum)

PayPal

Edited by MyCrazyHouse

Seriously, I can't even imagine how that one could go horribly wrong :001_huh:

Here are some more:

Public assistance

Green-ness

Global climate change (or global warming, if you disagree with the concept)

Political correctness

Death of courtesy (AKA "I'll do what I want and you'll just have to deal with it!")

The Duggars

The quiverfull concept

Artificial insemination

Membership in the Girl Scouts (I guess that could fit under feminism too though)

Vaccination

Seriousness of the H1N1 flu (though I don't think that has exploded like some of the others, really)

Man, we bicker a LOT!!!

You took two of mine... But I haven't seen...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Circumcision! DUN DUN DUN!

Co-sleeping

Breastfeeding in public (To cover, not to cover, how much exposure is ok, etc etc etc...)

Abortion (eek...)

* Returning library books late or checking out more than 2 per year or using interlibrary loan or returning to a different branch than checked out from, even though library policies allow

* Bedtimes and waking up times

* Reselling workbooks and/or making copies

* Dating and marriage (what age and physical activities before)

* Crying it out

People were quite hostile that it overworks the library staff, etc. Really. There are threads....

Oh my goodness. I get 10 or 12 at a time. I mean, that's what they get paid for, right? I remember the thread about returning the library books late though :lol:

Is someone still a Christian / decent human being (take your pick) if they.... (participate in human sacrifice, eat placenta, sacrifice someone for their placenta, wear felt goat horns, read Reader's Digest, use toilet paper, use a bidet, never have bowel movements, send their child to public school, are an atheist, don't wear pearls to greet their husband at the door, .... and on and on and on).

What I'd really like to know is, when will the threads about "TMI female content" get controversial? How about a swift kick in the ovaries for, say, taking Midol, or wearing a tampon or whatever. (Just kidding.)

Is someone still a Christian / decent human being (take your pick) if they.... (participate in human sacrifice, eat placenta, sacrifice someone for their placenta, wear felt goat horns, read Reader's Digest, use toilet paper, use a bidet, never have bowel movements, send their child to public school, are an atheist, don't wear pearls to greet their husband at the door, .... and on and on and on).

What I'd really like to know is, when will the threads about "TMI female content" get controversial? How about a swift kick in the ovaries for, say, taking Midol, or wearing a tampon or whatever. (Just kidding.)

:smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: