Menu

Wearing make-up vs not ...

I find that if I wear make-up for very long (more than an hour or two ... especially in the summer) my face breaks out. I find that if I don't wear make-up at all that my face stays clear. I guess the "clear" choice is to not have acne all over my face. What do you think?

I tend not to wear foundation much anymore because of that. I still wear mascara and brow liner (I have barely-there eyebrows and lashes - looks weird when you're a brunette!) when I'm going out to the store or something. I do wear more when we're going out somewhere a bit more special though, just have to wash it off fairly soon.

I do wonder though whether the breaking out is related to the makeup blocking pores or more to to using makeup that I've had for a good 6 months or more that's become a nice breeding ground for bacteria. Which reminds me - time to toss my mascara.

I think you need to find the right makeup, you might have to pay more. Or you might try a foundation stick, try Sephora. Therefore you can just cover lil areas, instead of whole face.

I use a Dior foundation which is super light. Also, a lot of people like BareMinerals, I cant do it because of silica.

I very rarely wear any. I didn't when I was a teenager, don't now. But I live in Silicon Valley, where that's pretty common, not weird or anything. :D My dh actually prefers this -- he always makes faces about kissing me when I have stuff on my face. heh.

I think the time I tend to wear a little is for job interviews. :D

I don't wear makeup, because I have a smooth, tan complexion anyway, and my husband doesn't like it. I do wear powder and eyeliner most days though. On rare occasions I will wear the whole she-bang of makeup, then I'll use Aveda or Arbonne.

I had the same problem until I switched to Bare Minerals products. Maybe you should try that.

That's what I use and it's one of a very few things that do not cause breakouts for me.

I really only wear "full" makeup in the depths of winter, when my skin looks dull and uneven. The rest of the year, I may wear mascara and lipstick if I'm dressing up.

I also had that problem until I went to a Mary Kay party. That gave me a chance to try out the loose powder without buying it. It worked fine for me. I like wearing makeup but I do tend to break out easily, so trying it before I buy it really helps. Also, I've noticed a difference in quality on some things between dept store makeup and the more expensive stuff.

I'm there with you! I can wear lipstick and mascara. That is all. Anything else makes me break out. I just don't bother. I have tried most all brands. Expensive, not, mineral, old, new; it is all a no go. Never have been able to. I can't use any facial products to clean, moisturize,or protect from the sun either. Just plain water. No soap.

I wear eye liner and organic lipstick sometimes, and I do enjoy make up at times. A few times a year I will wear foundation...but I know it is not a healthy thing to do...even though I dont break out.

Your skin is an organ. It breathes, it exchanges with its environment. Would you wipe toxic chemicals on your ovaries or your liver? No. Well, the skin doesnt like it either.

Most people I know prefer the natural look anyway.

Make sure you're not glopping on the foundation. Even in a humid environment, you shouldn't be able to feel foundation once it's been on for about 2 minutes. You should be wearing just the tiniest smidgen. A tiny bit of foundation goes a long way.

Other people should have to look carefully to know whether or not you're wearing makeup. Your face shouldn't be screaming "MAKEUP!" People should have to look closely and then say, "Oh yeah--I can see the eye shadow now that you mention it..." but they shouldn't really notice it on their own. Not for daily wear.

I discovered tinted moisturizer and I LOVE it. I was wearing foundation and it would just slide off my face in the summer. Tinted moisturizer gave me a bit of evening-up but isn't heavy at all. I use Mary Kay's tinted moisturizer and I've found my face is much clearer in the summer now.

I also wear neutral eye shadow, mascara, lipliner, neutral moisturizing lipstick and gloss. I have like no lips, so all the lip stuff helps to make it look as if I do have lips. Oh, and a bit of bronzer on my cheeks. Blush always looks fake on me, but just a smidge of bronzer gives me a little color.

I only use foundation at night, and only at fancy parties. The rest of the time it's no foundation, no blush, no eye make-up.. just lipstick. I also live in a hot part of the country, but I don't know whether my face would break out or not if I did use foundation regularly.

I find that if I wear make-up for very long (more than an hour or two ... especially in the summer) my face breaks out. I find that if I don't wear make-up at all that my face stays clear. I guess the "clear" choice is to not have acne all over my face. What do you think?

You're not wearing the right kind. You will not find good makeup at Walmart or Target. Go to Ulta or a decent store that carries decent makeup. Also you can't get decent cleanser there either. Go to the same for cleanser. There are tons of different make-ups for different skin and it's not just oil vs non-oily or age defying vs no age-defying. There are tons more. So if you wish to use makeup, go to a decent store. If not (I only wear face makeup to church or out for an occasion) just do something with the eyes naturally and call it done.