Menu

Fingers and toes both fairly common around here. Generally, it's dark colors for the fingernails.

:iagree:

ETA: I just realized this was an OLLLLLLD thread.

Edited by Tap, tap, tap

• 8 months later...
Guest Rae Analiz

I gave been painting my ties for years They really look very nice clean healthy

I use darker colors like browns. Grey navy

Have actually gotten compliments from lots of women

I was in line at Petsmart....and noticed a guy in front of me with painted toenails....they were painted with a very dark color....

Is this the new thing?

Well, about 10+yrs ago, my MIL used to shop at a high end store in Ladue, Mo and they had an entire line of polishes directed at males....just saying.

I was in line at Petsmart....and noticed a guy in front of me with painted toenails....they were painted with a very dark color....

Is this the new thing?

You've seen this on straight guys? Is this really a thing? Of course, I was rather scarred by the French Pedicure trend and have been afraid o look own for a while?

I wonder how many of you naysaying ladies own and wear jeans and other traditionally male garments? How many of you sport tattoos (even small ones)? Why is that acceptable and a man painting his toenails is considered strange?

I am a 54 yr old grandfather with a home-schooled 9 yr old son at home (two families). I am a solid conservative Christian man who loves his wife exclusively, and I have no weird sexual predilections. I am an engineer, deacon in my church, and Cub-master. Would it surprise any of you to learn that I have been wearing my toenails painted with color for the last 3 years, and openly at that? I do it because I like the way it looks. Since I was a teenager I have admired how women who take good care of their feet many times top it off with color, and how really nice it looks. I always wondered what it would be like, but was deterred by biased societal norms that allow for double standards that favor women.

That was until my niece wanted to paint my nails at a family party just before her wedding. I had foot surgery a few months before and had just had a pedicure (as part of my therapy), so my feet looked nice without the polish. But when she painted a nice dark maroon color on my nails, it was like WOW! My wife even said WOW! It really looked nice. It was then that I realized that there was really nothing wrong with it. Guys feet, if we take care of them can look as nice as or, in some cases better than ladies feet. And it doesn't mean we're gay, emo, goth, or any other epithets that society wants to pin on us.

I get regular pedicures. I got hooked when I was having therapy, and I will continue to wear color openly. When I do I often get really positive comments, specially from women. As a matter of fact, in the three years I have been doing it I have only had one negative comment, and that was from a young lady that was obviously jealous of the fact that my feet looked better than hers. Guys either don't notice or are afraid to say anything.

Painting ones toenails, whether you are male or female, is no big deal. It's only paint, and it comes off, try doing that with a tattoo. It is a cosmetic thing and in my case has absolutely nothing to do with my sexual or societal orientation. As I said before, it just looks nice. And what is wrong with someone doing something harmless that makes them feel good? It doesn't change who I am and how I view things. I am comfortable with who I am, and don't much care what anyone thinks, but will take the opportunity to try and educate folks who are closed minded on the subject, and that is what this forum is about anyway, isn't it?

PS. I wear kilts too.

It's because women are considered lesser than men and "traditionally", and I use that term loosely, feminine interests are looked down upon as well. So while a woman can "aspire" to be more manly by wearing pants, becoming scientists etc, a man who likes ballet or paints his nails or enjoys fashion is considered a sissy for enjoying frivolous female things.

There is no rule book that says MALE and lists all the acceptable interests. It's all cultural and culture is in constant change. Some people are more reluctant to change than others.

I wonder how many of you naysaying ladies own and wear jeans and other traditionally male garments? How many of you sport tattoos (even small ones)?

However, the idea for women's trousers for American women came from loose Turkish trousers, not from menswear.

My grandma would like it if more men would wear bras.

I haven't noticed painted toenails, but I have seen quite a few guys with fingernails painted black. They usually have those hole things in their earlobes or spiked dog collars around their necks, though. I haven't noticed painted nails on any guys who dress more conservatively.

My 14ds dyes his hair and paints his fingernails black. But he doesn't have any piercings, collars, or guyliner. And although he is totally into fashion, he is hetero.

This is the ds who wore pink tutus and dresses for his entire 5th year. He just loves to experiment with his appearance.

I've seen some guys with painted toe nails. Usually they lean toward the emo-goth style but hey, I live in Vegas. Metrosexual men are very common here. I saw a guy today getting a pedi at the superwalmart (they have a nail salon there inside-eww).

My son, on occasion, likes to paint his toes... mostly I think it's because he sees his sister and I painting ours. I just go with the flow as long as he chooses a "manly" color. They were forrest green all summer.

We live in Vegas too.:D

I could care less either way if a man wants to paint his toenails or not and I don't think it makes him feminine. I rarely paint my own nails and I am pretty indifferent to it. I don't wear makeup. My dh doesn't but it wouldn't bother me if he did. One of the male rock stars I had a crush on I was a teen had painted black fingernails and I liked them. I agree that women now wear pants and have tatoos and those used to be thought of as masculine but they are not now. I don't think it is feminine or masculine.

Oops didn't realize this was an old thread.

Edited by MistyMountain