Menu

Ignore this thread!

Well, in my defense, I was thinking of others on the group who otherwise wouldn't know about the meetings I put together. All posts must be approved, and since the admin isn't going to be on fb often, it would take a while to get approved. 

Also in your defense:

You are awesome at multitasking.  

(I, on the other hand, am not!)

• Like 3

But you are! 

You got your degree while doing, like, a squillion other things simultaneously.  Except sleep.  Pretty sure you didn't sleep.

I did sleep. I just completely neglected my family for a year. In fact, they remember me saying, "I need to finish this. Thus, I will be neglecting you for the next year. If you need anything, including food, ask your father. Ask me nothing." Yep. I did that.

• Like 4

I don't want to consider anything. I'm such a rebel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider yourself.... one of us!

Consider yourself.... part of the family!!!

And this Booya/h is brought to you by..... Oliver!!!!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

I am feeling increasingly old and tired and like I'm looking back on life with nostalgia instead of looking forward with anticipation. 

Mid-life crisis?

August allegies?

Zyrtec side-effect?

Waving good-bye to the babyhood chapter of life?

My headlong dive from uber-fertility into the vast and churning sea of menopause?

All of the above?

(A depressing post, I know.  It sounds more depressing than it is, but if anyone has a magic cure for it, I'm happy to gulp it down with a mug of coffee or a frozen pomegranate margarita.)

Uh yeah! Pretty much, babe!!!! I can't remember the last time I anticipated anything. Everything in my future is just basically more work for me!

• Like 2

😠😠😠🥋🥋🥋🛫

I am reporting for duty with the ENB. It sounds like Susan's situation is taken care of, but Jean's dh has some carpet to clean.

Ducky, I had to rework my identity when I retired my diaper bag. I had been pregnant or nursing for almost 14 years straight. It's actually kind of fun to move to the next stage of parenting and to realize how many opportunities you have available to you....like lunch with friends while your oldest holds down the fort. :)

• Like 7

Krissi--you've got to train all of your kids to run the household so you can have peach bellinis and bonbons and watch Netflix while they cook, clean, and, uh, school themselves. 🤣

Now I want bon-bons. I just had some chocolate-covered frozen pineapple pieces though. They were a bit odd (kind of seemed like they were mildly freeze-dried), but not too bad. 

I have a load of laundry in the washer. I should be able to get that in the dryer before bed. I needed pantz so that I can go to a doctor for a procedure that I am really dreading tomorrow.

I thought all you needed was socks?

• Like 1

Good Friday Morning!

Birthday Party later today.  Can't wait until it's over.   :leaving:   Thankfully we're having it at the pool.

(((Susan)))

(((Jean and Jean's carpet)))

I'm going to because Lynn liked it. So does a chick unrelated to ITT. I like them.

:001_wub:

I have a load of laundry in the washer. I should be able to get that in the dryer before bed. I needed pantz so that I can go to a doctor for a procedure that I am really dreading tomorrow.

(((Jean)))

• Like 5

Do cat temperatures go up in the late afternoon/ evening like human temperatures can? Neko's temperature is 103.5. Which is a fever but still lower than yesterday.

I've never noticed a rhythm to fevers in cats, but fevers do fluctuate with some kinds of infections.

• Like 1

I am pleased to announce that two more rooms in my house have curtains. It's almost looking civilized around here.

Also, the weather forecast is for 102F temperatures every freaking day for the next ten days, so said curtains will remain closed over the closed blinds.

I have two curtains open in my dungeon of doom where I'm a happy old bat. It's supposed to rain today and I wanted to watch that. So far, the program seems to have been delayed. But I did hear thunder once.

• Like 5

We are back from the Slow Jam. The guy leading it tonight is my favorite - he is very low key and especially good with the kids. We learned a new one, "Over the Waterfall" and did some older favorites and ended with "You Are My Sunshine". :)

After dh's call, the doctor said she would not be charging for the visits this week. I suspect the one lady at the front desk will be fired soon (the same lady who called "without having seen my call request"). When we were there this afternoon, I told who was there and why, and she could not keep dd8's name in her mind for anything. We were the only patients in the room, so it's not like she was super busy and distracted. The other lady at the front had to keep giving her the information. And then she started asking dd19 questions about dd8 and then she asked if dd8 was there for a transfusion. :huh: Seriously. Uh, no.

In other news, I seem to have permanently butt-deleted my most important iNote that has all my to-do lists and meal planning on it.

My head hurts so much from all the :banghead: today.

Liked for the music (nice!) and some resolution at the doctor's office.  I wonder of that front desk gal has some medical or other issues affecting her ability to function?  Either way she cannot perform the duties she was assigned, and they need to replace her.

Really nice music!

I'm glad the doctor won't be charging for the visits this week.

But I'm thinking 5 teenage children isn't the magic cure I'm looking for.

That peach bellini, on the other hand....

I've been browsing the web looking at recipes and it seems all one needs for a peach bellini (soup or drink) is Proseco (spelling?) or other sparkling wine and peaches to puree.  Maybe a little simple syrup if the peaches aren't that sweet (if you use frozen peaches, perhaps, because your local peaches aren't nice and ripe yet).  Whether it's soup or a drink seems to depend only upon how thick you make it and whether you serve it in a glass or a bowl.

• Like 2

I just realized what I just did...

I moderate an email group for a local homeschool group. Low stress, no big deal, approve members and such. I also post events to it, another (Christian) group I belong to, and two fb groups. Many members are cross-listed, but some belong to one or the other. On one of the fb groups, the owner mostly puts their events on meetup. Since I have no desire to join another group, or pay for the privilege, I skip out on that. She just messaged me saying she'd like to add me as an admin to that fb group, because she's going to sign out of fb and concentrate on planning and putting together stuff on meetup (same as she did last year). I was like, that's fine, it's cool, so I can post my messages and don't have to wait for her to approve them.

I just realized what I did...

I'm moderating another group.  :svengo:

Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?

Getting a little power-hungry, perhaps?  (Power to just do and not have to wait for approval)

• Like 1

I wonder if ITT will still be around when the first onset of teenagerhood hits?

I don't think we are planning on going anywhere, so chances are good, I'd say.

Now, we might be around in another iteration, if SWB ever feels that the sheer size of ITT might break the forums.  I think she'd let us start another one, however, if that were ever a problem.

• Like 5

Remember when I shampoo'd all my carpets? Dh spilled coffee right at the entry to the living room.

:banghead:

"Here, DH, here's where the carpet cleaning stuff is."

• Like 2

I've said it a lot this week. It has been one of those weeks.

Yup, a butt week.  One of those weeks when you realize that all the times your kids protested, "But, but, but,..." when they were younger they were likely thinking instead, "Butt!  Butt!  Butt!"

• Like 4

I'd like this engraved on my gravestone:

whitehawk, on 22 May 2016 - 10:38 AM, said:

ITT rule Section WTM-4.6J, No ITTer shall die for any reason.

A perfect epitaph!  People will come from miles around to visit your grave and there will be news stories and documentaries all focused on what that means.  We can all get it put on ours, and the world will be convinced we had a secret society going with Whitehawk as Poobah.

• Like 8

Every morning, I get up and go to make my coffee. Captain Mal follows me saying, "Ma, I want something to eat and drink....Ma, I want something to eat and drink..." Then I almost trip over the kitten circling my ankles saying, "Meow....Meow..." (which is cat-speak for "Ma, I want something to eat and drink.").

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Friday!!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Last day of vacation!!😩😩😩👎👎👎

Hot flashes all night!😡😡😡😩😩😩😱😱😱

• Like 5

Every morning, I get up and go to make my coffee. Captain Mal follows me saying, "Ma, I want something to eat and drink....Ma, I want something to eat and drink..." Then I almost trip over the kitten circling my ankles saying, "Meow....Meow..." (which is cat-speak for "Ma, I want something to eat and drink.").

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

What I love is when I get up at four in the morning because insomnia, and the cats do that.

• Like 1

A perfect epitaph! People will come from miles around to visit your grave and there will be news stories and documentaries all focused on what that means. We can all get it put on ours, and the world will be convinced we had a secret society going with Whitehawk as Poobah.

And ITT chapters will form all over the world and we'll have our own chapter in the history books.
  • Like 8

Hugs!! Could be any combination of thoae things, but I would look at the Zyrtec first. It makes me feel that way.

Zyrtec makes everyone in our extended family go crazy, except for one nephew.  It's the only thing that works for that one nephew.

• Like 1

I have two curtains open in my dungeon of doom where I'm a happy old bat. It's supposed to rain today and I wanted to watch that. So far, the program seems to have been delayed. But I did hear thunder once.

I like to watch storms and rain, too.  When I was growing up on the farm in MN I used to walk out past the windbreak so I could watch the storm front roll in.  I could tell when weather was coming (my high school friends said I was a barometer), and I loved all of the stages of a front coming through.

There would be a bit of a breeze most days, but that breeze would stir a bit more.  It would grow just a bit and the wild life would be all astir, then the breeze would suddenly stop and everything would HUSH.  Everything would be so still, waiting.

Then there would be the thought of air stirring, as if someone adjusted a wing.  Then again, then a whisper.  More whispers, then the breeze would quickly grow and blow, and if you looked to the west you would see a large bank of cloud approaching, rolling and growing, accelerating, starting to tower up and up and UP pushing the air in front of it into a blast, then a gale,

Then the front would overrun you, turning the day to night, flashing and rumbling 'til CRACK!

The deluge begins.

So invigorating!

• Like 6

I like to watch storms and rain, too. When I was growing up on the farm in MN I used to walk out past the windbreak so I could watch the storm front roll in. I could tell when weather was coming (my high school friends said I was a barometer), and I loved all of the stages of a front coming through.

There would be a bit of a breeze most days, but that breeze would stir a bit more. It would grow just a bit and the wild life would be all astir, then the breeze would suddenly stop and everything would HUSH. Everything would be so still, waiting.

Then there would be the thought of air stirring, as if someone adjusted a wing. Then again, then a whisper. More whispers, then the breeze would quickly grow and blow, and if you looked to the west you would see a large bank of cloud approaching, rolling and growing, accelerating, starting to tower up and up and UP pushing the air in front of it into a blast, then a gale,

Then the front would overrun you, turning the day to night, flashing and rumbling 'til CRACK!

The deluge begins.

So invigorating!

I would love to experience that. We rarely get storms, and when we do, they are not like you described.

I am up. Caffeine to ensure I am awake. School and editing today.

Are you on the mend yet, or still feeling poorly?

I have sorted out all of the clean clothes from the trip (from when I did laundry during the trip) and had the girls put their stuff away.  I have sorted out more loads of laundry to run and have the next load going, and I have sorted and put away some more trip stuff (more to do, however).

Breakfast so far has been chai.  My tummy is testy today, and I'm thinking oatmeal for brunch.  I might or might not join DH and the girls in going over to ILs' house for our usual Friday night supper.

I am past the need for Sudafed or Afrin or Listerine.  Now I'm in the 3-week phase of coughing fits and SWAT-alarming sneezes.  I will be SO glad when that dies down -- hopefully before my birthday (end of the month).

I have plenty of work to do, and am working on it in spurts because I'm still getting too easily fatigued (really getting tired of that bit).  I have brain work to do, too, but my brain won't brain for long, so much of that simply has to wait.  Whether we will be ready to start the new school year by the end of Labor Day weekend remains to be seen.  I thought some of my disinclination to cook right now is the fact my stomach isn't cooperating and my taste buds are compromised, and it might be those contribute.  I think it's also that my brain still isn't, though, that is the big problem.  Perhaps when I start thinking good cooking thoughts again I will manage to start the school planning for the year.

The weather folk are promising more wet weather this weekend.  I hope it's stormy enough to cool the air.  The barometric activity and a change of temp might help wake me up.

• Like 1