Menu

Ignore this thread!

I just sneezed my loudest and most sudden one yet for this go-around while standing in a hallway facing DD16, who was sitting at a table just a few feet away, just past the opening of the hallway.  (Think of the amplifying effect, hm?)

"Sorry!"

"It's okay."  *wiggles her ears*  "That was like a gun going off!"

• Like 4

I am in great need of the ENB and a boatload of ice cream.

The doctor finished dd19's physical and then let her know that their freezer broke so they can't give her the shots she needs. But she can go to Walgreens where they have them in stock. Of course, Walgreens is not in-network for us, so we have wasted yet another trip to the doctor. Dh (by some miracle) has a direct number to the office and I think the people there right now are having another terrible horrible no good very bad day.

• Like 7

The doctor finished dd19's physical and then let her know that their freezer broke so they can't give her the shots she needs. But she can go to Walgreens where they have them in stock. Of course, Walgreens is not in-network for us, so we have wasted yet another trip to the doctor. Dh (by some miracle) has a direct number to the office and I think the people there right now are having another terrible horrible no good very bad day.

Boo for your dr.  Yay for your dh!  

• Like 5

Well, the lady in charge of scheduling called asking if I requested to get copies of immunization records. I said I requested to speak to the doctor. She said, "Well, I didn't see the request." :huh: Then why are you calling me? :banghead:

Wow. :banghead: is right!

• Like 1

I finally talked to the doctor. It would appear that people in the office have been told that they NEED TO READ A PATIENT'S MEDICAL RECORDS INCLUDING ANY ADDITIONAL NOTES WRITTEN THEREIN!

Being an Elephant Ninja is exhausting.

Now I get to go back. I will have my Laser Glare of Certain Impending Death warmed up and ready to fire.

I know that I've mentioned this before, but I have a serious girl crush on Susan.

:001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:

• Like 6

:huh:

This is what happens when a service is completely divorced from actual, real, direct payment.  In what other business would this carp happen?  I mean, and have the business still stay in business?  If you made an appointment at a tire shop and they were out of tires,would you still pay them for telling you that your tires were bald?  Grr.

big-machine-gun.gif

• Like 7

Boo for your dr. Yay for your dh!

In order to save dd19 from a world of embarrasment, I did not barge back into the office with a bazooka. The lady at the front desk was briefly singed by the Laser Glare but ducked down behind her computer before any permanent damage could be done.

• Like 4

I guess that I pushed myself just one inch too far. On our way home from the electronics supply I was in bad pain and asked Ds to drive. I drive in pain all the time but it was nice to hand over the wheel.

When we hit home I retired to the Armchair of All Comfort where I fell asleep despite Ds drilling just feet away from me. I slept the sleep of exhaustion. I wish that I had more than hazy memories of my dreams because they were of epic fairy tale quality. I'm awake now (obviously) but I feel like a Mack truck ran over me then backed up and ran over me again. I'm lying here and wouldn't be averse too falling asleep again. But we'll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I felt well enough to go to the library. Or so I thought. DH came home, and suggested that he do the driving. That was a good thing. I didn't get sick, but by the time we did the library and a few errands in town I was tired and grumpy. So now I'm back home being grumpy, lazy and hopefully sleepy at some point this evening.

More editing.

• Like 2

We never coslept so I could be wrong but I think transitioning into her own bed is a *really* big deal. Especially considering how emotional we've decided 9 year olds are anyway.

Random thang. I never finished Consider This. I'm about 30% of the way through it. Should I pick it back up?

I want ice cream.

I can't really tell you if you need to pick it back up or not. I loved it - partly because it helped me put words to my issues with some neo-classical approaches to education.

• Like 3

In order to save dd19 from a world of embarrasment, I did not barge back into the office with a bazooka. The lady at the front desk was briefly singed by the Laser Glare but ducked down behind her computer before any permanent damage could be done.

Can you or your DH contact your insurance, explain what-all happened (ALL of the hassle), and ask them to refuse to accept the doctor's claim for the visit?

With all of the hassle you have had over this I'd also consider writing a letter to the medical board.  What they are doing is not only bad business and horrible customer service, it appears to be racking up extra doctor visit charges, which is dodgy, if not outright fraud.  The medical board can investigate further.

• Like 2

I am feeling increasingly old and tired and like I'm looking back on life with nostalgia instead of looking forward with anticipation. 

Mid-life crisis?

August allegies?

Zyrtec side-effect?

Waving good-bye to the babyhood chapter of life?

My headlong dive from uber-fertility into the vast and churning sea of menopause?

All of the above?

(A depressing post, I know.  It sounds more depressing than it is, but if anyone has a magic cure for it, I'm happy to gulp it down with a mug of coffee or a frozen pomegranate margarita.)

• Like 3

I am feeling increasingly old and tired and like I'm looking back on life with nostalgia instead of looking forward with anticipation. 

Mid-life crisis?

August allegies?

Zyrtec side-effect?

My headlong dive from uber-fertility into the vast and churning sea of menopause?

All of the above?

(A depressing post, I know.  It sounds more depressing than it is, but if anyone has a magic cure for it, I'm happy to gulp it down with a mug of coffee or a frozen pomegranate margarita.)

Peach bellini soup.  You need this soup, or at least a peach bellini.

• Like 2

I don't want to consider anything. I'm such a rebel.

I think I'm getting to that point. But, I have so many things to consider...

I do like reading things every once in a while to remind myself why I do the things I do. The last I considered something was with WTM 4. I would still like to consider Knowing and Teaching Mathematics. By the time I do, though, my kids will probably be graduated. 

• Like 5

Mid-life crisis?

August allegies?

Zyrtec side-effect?

All of the above?

5 young children.

• Like 8

We are back from the Slow Jam. The guy leading it tonight is my favorite - he is very low key and especially good with the kids. We learned a new one, "Over the Waterfall" and did some older favorites and ended with "You Are My Sunshine". :)

Can you or your DH contact your insurance, explain what-all happened (ALL of the hassle), and ask them to refuse to accept the doctor's claim for the visit?

With all of the hassle you have had over this I'd also consider writing a letter to the medical board. What they are doing is not only bad business and horrible customer service, it appears to be racking up extra doctor visit charges, which is dodgy, if not outright fraud. The medical board can investigate further.

After dh's call, the doctor said she would not be charging for the visits this week. I suspect the one lady at the front desk will be fired soon (the same lady who called "without having seen my call request"). When we were there this afternoon, I told who was there and why, and she could not keep dd8's name in her mind for anything. We were the only patients in the room, so it's not like she was super busy and distracted. The other lady at the front had to keep giving her the information. And then she started asking dd19 questions about dd8 and then she asked if dd8 was there for a transfusion. :huh: Seriously. Uh, no.

In other news, I seem to have permanently butt-deleted my most important iNote that has all my to-do lists and meal planning on it.

My head hurts so much from all the :banghead: today.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tX6qBHA4AsM

• Like 6

I've got a boy complaining about his stomach tonight. Maybe it was a little bug I had this morning.

:grouphug: Duck. I look at the ages in your signature and I'd skip tired and old and go right to  :zombie:

5 young children.

But I'm thinking 5 teenage children isn't the magic cure I'm looking for.

That peach bellini, on the other hand....

• Like 7

We are back from the Slow Jam. The guy leading it tonight is my favorite - he is very low key and especially good with the kids. We learned a new one, "Over the Waterfall" and did some older favorites and ended with "You Are My Sunshine". :)

After dh's call, the doctor said she would not be charging for the visits this week. I suspect the one lady at the front desk will be fired soon (the same lady who called "without having seen my call request"). When we were there this afternoon, I told who was there and why, and she could not keep dd8's name in her mind for anything. We were the only patients in the room, so it's not like she was super busy and distracted. The other lady at the front had to keep giving her the information. And then she started asking dd19 questions about dd8 and then she asked if dd8 was there for a transfusion. :huh: Seriously. Uh, no.

In other news, I seem to have permanently butt-deleted my most important iNote that has all my to-do lists and meal planning on it.

My head hurts so much from all the :banghead: today.

I liked before hitting the butt-delete part.

So the like is a like for the no charge part.  And a hug for all the carp that preceded it.  And a quiet little cheer for the part where I guess you don't have anything left to-do or to-cook?

• Like 8

I just realized what I just did...

I moderate an email group for a local homeschool group. Low stress, no big deal, approve members and such. I also post events to it, another (Christian) group I belong to, and two fb groups. Many members are cross-listed, but some belong to one or the other. On one of the fb groups, the owner mostly puts their events on meetup. Since I have no desire to join another group, or pay for the privilege, I skip out on that. She just messaged me saying she'd like to add me as an admin to that fb group, because she's going to sign out of fb and concentrate on planning and putting together stuff on meetup (same as she did last year). I was like, that's fine, it's cool, so I can post my messages and don't have to wait for her to approve them.

I just realized what I did...

I'm moderating another group.  :svengo:

Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?

• Like 9

I liked before hitting the butt-delete part.

So the like is a like for the no charge part. And a hug for all the carp that preceded it. And a quiet little cheer for the part where I guess you don't have anything left to-do or to-cook?

I think you're on to something! I no longer have to do or cook ANYTHING! :hurray:

I'm just gonna watch a little Dark Matter. But in my book that's not *doing* anything. 😊

• Like 7

I just realized what I just did...

I moderate an email group for a local homeschool group. Low stress, no big deal, approve members and such. I also post events to it, another (Christian) group I belong to, and two fb groups. Many members are cross-listed, but some belong to one or the other. On one of the fb groups, the owner mostly puts their events on meetup. Since I have no desire to join another group, or pay for the privilege, I skip out on that. She just messaged me saying she'd like to add me as an admin to that fb group, because she's going to sign out of fb and concentrate on planning and putting together stuff on meetup (same as she did last year). I was like, that's fine, it's cool, so I can post my messages and don't have to wait for her to approve them.

I just realized what I did...

I'm moderating another group.  :svengo:

Why, oh why, do I do this to myself?

:willy_nilly:  :svengo:

I can't even text two separate people simultaneously without embarrassing screw-ups.  

• Like 3

:willy_nilly:  :svengo:

I can't even text two separate people simultaneously without embarrassing screw-ups.  

I can. I was texting the smiley to ya'll, texting Dancer about singing, while answering the fb message. Oh, wait. That's probably why I didn't realize that I just gave myself more work.  :svengo:  :svengo:

• Like 5

Did you tell someone else when my doctor's appointment is?

Also  :smilielol5: .  No.  That secret will die with me. 

But last night while texting y'all, dh kept interrupting with texts from where he sat five feet across the room.  It, er... had the potential for awkward goof-ups....

:leaving:

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 5

Remember when I shampoo'd all my carpets? Dh spilled coffee right at the entry to the living room.

This just means that you did it right.  If you clean a floor and someone doesn't spill on it, then you didn't clean it right.

It also means that it's your dh's turn to shampoo carpets.

• Like 8

:smilielol5:

Well, in my defense, I was thinking of others on the group who otherwise wouldn't know about the meetings I put together. All posts must be approved, and since the admin isn't going to be on fb often, it would take a while to get approved. 

• Like 1

I have discovered that I can translate Latin while sick, but I can't manage geometry. 

Hm... maybe that should be some sort of new career test: what can/do you do while you're sick (other than the being sick part)? I did a ton of Khan Academy once while I had the flu. 

Random thang. I never finished Consider This. I'm about 30% of the way through it. Should I pick it back up?

I think you should Consider That.

I wonder if ITT will still be around when the first onset of teenagerhood hits?

Have you even read this thread? Ya know, the whole "This is the thread that never ends..." stuff? I've seen it like a thousand times so far.

• Like 8