Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Thursday Morning!

(((Dawn)))  Wish you could catch a nap later, but I know that's doubtful.

(((Jean)))  Hope you can sleep in.

(((Slache)))  What happened?  Glad you are okay.

(((Ikslo and ds)))  You are definitely very cool!!!  Park people are crazy (hope they didn't hear that!)

Thanks for the birthday wishes - yesterday was my Dad's and Saturday is dh's, so we celebrated both last night.

• Like 9

I awoke at 4am to a hot flash.

I gave up on sleep and climbed out of bed at 4:30 to pilates.

I showered at 5am.

And then collapsed from exhaustion, because NO COFFEE!!!!  Because cholesterol test.  If I can ever get these ducklings herded through their breakfast and out the door.  

Meanwhile dd5 is desperate for me to do her phonics with her while she's waiting for dd6 to make her some toast.  So I must oblige.   :gnorsi:

Edited by Lotsoflittleducklings
  • Like 7

Dd14 and ds12 leave tomorrow morning on their choir tour. I have already ordered things this morning from Amazon same-day so that I wouldn't have to lose my mind in The AFSA. I am taking them to the mall food court for lunch today because they will have a couple meal stops which will be at mall food courts, and I don't think my kids have ever been in one.

Food Court Booyah!

ITT presents: Math'n'Grammarville

*All Rights Reserved*

Except for those to the tune and original lyrics, which are obviously held by Jimmy Buffet or whatever company it is that owns him, LOL.

Livin' on twaddle,

I was happy to dawdle,

Until Mom told me my work must be done.

Now here it is sunset,

And she won't let me drop it,

I'll be here all night and I never had fun!

Refrain:

Wasting away again in Math‘n’Grammarville

Hoping that there's a whole hour of art

Some people say that there is knowledge to gain

But I know, of it I want no part

It sure isn't pleasin',

All this logic and reason,

Gettin' shoved down my throat with these dusty old books!

When I could be skatin'

Building forts and be playin'

So I'm giving my teacher these disgusted looks!

Refrain:

But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled

Dropped my pencil and fumbled

Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,

But Mom isn't buying,

All these tricks that I'm trying,

And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do.

Refrain:

And so I must play the part

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 8

Blood pressure was 115/75 so I'm not dying. I want McDonald's really bad.

How are you today?  Answer only when you have gotten enough rest, please.  Don't let us keep you from sleeping.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 4

ITT presents: Math'n'Grammarville

*All Rights Reserved*

Except for those to the tune and original lyrics, which are obviously held by Jimmy Buffet or whatever company it is that owns him, LOL.

Livin' on twaddle,

I was happy to dawdle,

Until Mom told me my work must be done.

Now here it is sunset,

And she won't let me drop it,

I'll be here all night and I never had fun!

Refrain:

But I know, of it I want no part

It sure isn't pleasin',

When I could be skatin'

Refrain:

But you can’t force me to take part!

I've stalled and I've grumbled

Dropped my pencil and fumbled

Lost my place and my temper and spilled all the glue,

But Mom isn't buying,

All these tricks that I'm trying,

And I'll just have it all tomorrow to do.

Refrain:

And so I must play the part

It sure isn't pleasin',

When I could be skatin'

Wasting away again in Math-and-Grammarville

But I know, of it I want no part.

Susan is drinking some high-octane coffee this morning.  Impressive.

Renai, the archive. 

• Like 2

Is it weird that I get lots of ideas for teaching early childhood and high school, but very few for the middle grades?

I suspect it's amnesia. For the early childhood, people remember that time and want to make it better for others. For high school, that's a tough time with career planning and all, and people remember it vividly because they wrote it all down. But middle grades must be survival time. Nobody writes stuff down and nobody wants to remember it. :laugh:

Personally, I'm finding it kind of fun. For now. With a generous side of obnoxious sauce.

Good morning. I apologize for stealing sleep last night. In my defense, I didn't know I was doing it. I slept like the dead from ten to almost eight this morning. Don't remember a thing.

• Like 7

I have art this morning. Tomorrow I have to get up ultra-early to go learn about bees and disease. Then I'm going to play with the hordes of stinging insects and go home. What do you want to bet I'm the only person who remembers sting-kill and Benedryl?

• Like 3

Is it weird that I get lots of ideas for teaching early childhood and high school, but very few for the middle grades?

Yes, random, I know, but I'm kinda sorta working on idea stuff now even though I really need to use the bathroom and go to bed because I have to work a full day tomorrow at school.

And, I think this will be the last time I'm drinking coffee because even 1/2 caffeine raises my blood pressure. :(

The middle grades seem, IMO, to be a bit of a wasteland.  There's like this huge pause in academics while parents decide whether they are going to allow the child to survive puberty.  Or not.

Good morning!

Everyone go back to bed.

Whitehawk, thank you for finding the regulation. Some People forget this hard fought legislation.

Crazy day.

Coffee!

:iagree:

There was no coffee in the pot this morning.  :crying: This pot has been making coffee for years.  It should know how to do it on its own by now.

Cannot like this.  Nope. sad-nope-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 7

Working from home this week, and the condo assoc. chose this week to have the fences out back replaced.  There are workers banking outside my living room and playing their radio and conversing in loud tones.  I don't think they know I am literally on the other side of the door.  I'd open the shades but I am in my pjs and the living room is a disaster zone.  Maybe I should turn on really loud classical music to drown them out.  Once DS gets up, that is.  HOW CAN HE SLEEP?

• Like 3

Working from home this week, and the condo assoc. chose this week to have the fences out back replaced.  There are workers banking outside my living room and playing their radio and conversing in loud tones.  I don't think they know I am literally on the other side of the door.  I'd open the shades but I am in my pjs and the living room is a disaster zone.  Maybe I should turn on really loud classical music to drown them out.  Once DS gets up, that is.  HOW CAN HE SLEEP?

I went to college in a place where people loved their country music.  At every stoplight you could hear the twang being blasted loudly from their pickups.  I used to sit in Grandma's Oldsmobile, calmly roll down the windows, and blast The 1812 Overture.  It was fantastic.  :)

• Like 5

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I went to college in a place where people loved their country music.  At every stoplight you could hear the twang being blasted loudly from their pickups.  I used to sit in Grandma's Oldsmobile, calmly roll down the windows, and blast The 1812 Overture.  It was fantastic.   :)

We get the occasional driver here who has already destroyed their hearing and decides to upset as many stomachs as they can seismically with their car stereos.  I've blasted back in return Eva Cassidy, George Winston playing People Are Strange, and an Elvis song from a recent album (Elvis with the London Philharmonic, iirc).

Jake Shimabukuro playing Bohemian Rhapsody is also good.  I'll play him sitting in a parking lot so people can actually hear it.   :D

• Like 1

Warning: Educational Post.

just worked with oldest DD on her writing assignment. I have to say, she has made tremendous progress with writing this year. We used Writing with Kris and i am so pleased with it.

I've never heard of that.

Warning: Educational Post.

just worked with oldest DD on her writing assignment. I have to say, she has made tremendous progress with writing this year. We used Writing with Kris and i am so pleased with it.

Ooooh, Writing With Kris.  I've heard of that one.  Everyone I know using it has seen great improvement with their kids.  It's the new trendy thing, but I think it will be around a long time!   :001_tt1:

• Like 4

Sorry. It was all just hormones. It's far from the first time aunt flo sent me to the er. She's the cause of my seizures, she's caused severe hydration from constant vomiting, she's a B-word. Last night I was in too much pain (not unbearable, but I thought something was wrong) and couldn't walk straight I was so dizzy. I was worried about blood loss, but I'm fine. Being a girl SUCKS!

:001_wub:

The yoga is a nice touch.

https://www.amazon.com/Kids-Yoga-Deck-Poses-Games/dp/0811836983

How are you today?  Answer only when you have gotten enough rest, please.  Don't let us keep you from sleeping.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

Alive. Subject of spousal pampering.

I like country music. They were blaring country music at water aerobics last night. It was great. I decided my life needs a sound track. Things go much better with music.

WOOT!

I'm just delightfully eccentric.

This is fabulous.
  • Like 1