Menu

Ignore this thread!

I became worried when she turned down cake in a long string of high bribery foods yesterday.

Last night she ate some chicken ravioli from Costco and a few jellybeans.  

Today, five hours in, she's had a jello cup.

Normally she is a very good eater so she's still not well, but she at least has some calories in her now.  I picked up some pedialyte popsicles to see if we can get more liquids in.

And Ice cream.

• Like 1

Here is my educational post of the day.

Bunnies are crepuscular. You've been warned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was this educational because it's educational, or educational because we have to look up new vocabulary?

• Like 6

DH picked up take out on his way home. They won't deliver to me way out in the boonies.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

That's discrimination!

Domino's won't deliver on our side of the street. It is off a main road. There's some arbitrary line on that main road, so they'll deliver on one side of the main road, but not the side our street is on.  :glare:

:grouphug: I didn't know you were feeling bad! Glad you went in!

Yeah, I kind of didn't know, either. I mean, I knew I wasn't feeling well, I thought I had a yeast infection so I treated it as such, but it never went away. And I've just progressively not been feeling well and then my lower back started hurting and finally it hit me that I should see the doctor. And she mentioned after the urinalysis that it looks like I've had it a while. 😩
  • Like 2

Our surprise drop-in guests are gone and I'm recovering. Except that my skin around half of my bOOkshelf area feels like it has a major rug burn. :glare: Naturally, the website of the online store seems to have disappeared. Guess I have to go back to my stupid falling-apart ones. :banghead:

We have a Papa Murphy's near us but if I'm going to pay that much for a pizza, I'd rather have the restaurant bake it. I've ended up with too many cardboard-textured bake-it-yourself pizzas.

Yeah, I kind of didn't know, either. I mean, I knew I wasn't feeling well, I thought I had a yeast infection so I treated it as such, but it never went away. And I've just progressively not been feeling well and then my lower back started hurting and finally it hit me that I should see the doctor. And she mentioned after the urinalysis that it looks like I've had it a while. 😩

Glad you got that taken care of! I'm sure with everything else going on, it's hard to focus on how you're feeling.

• Like 2

I'm lucky UPS comes to my house. At one point, they refused. Then they got over it.

I don't order pizza. Sometimes DH does. I'm sort of addicted to the GF crust I make, which reminds me--I have to make pizza crusts today.

I hope caffeine is medicinal this morning. I went to bed feeling so irritated and grumpy because I knew I'd be getting up again to do chores, school, cooking, chores, and then bedtime again. In one of those kind of moods this morning, too.

• Like 5

You know what is amazing? I am a good cook. I can cook a lot of things. But I still have to look up how to hard-boil an egg in Betty Crocker.

That's because your mind focuses on more complex things, and doesn't believe in wasting space on simple stuff that can easily be looked up.

• Like 5

Yes, you do. It will revolutionize your hardboiled eggs forever. Not only is it easy to set the timer for 4 minutes, but you will never struggle to peel them ever again.

I do NOT need yet another small kitchen appliance and have no place to store it, but what you say here is mighty tempting....

• Like 2

I'm having root beer! I have dealt with sick chicken and puny dog and I want root beer!

I found some dewberry soda and lemon meringue soda at the grocery store.  DD15 loves lemony stuff, and dewberries are very much a SE Texas thing, so I picked up a 4-pack of each.  We will take them to ILs' house this evening so they can join in on the sampling.  Any left over can also stay there for Easter weekend, when more family comes down.

• Like 2

Sideswept bangs are super in, but they drive me batty. But all bangs drive me batty except the teeny tiny Hepburn ones.

Bangs grow too quickly and poke me in the eyes.  I do not do bangs anymore.

• Like 3

I went to the doctor. I have a raging UTI!! I'm glad I went. Now I know there's a reason I feel like carp. I got medicine. And cranberry juice. I will get better!!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  for the UTI.  I liked that you saw the doc and am getting help to get better.  Begone, pesky infection!

As long as they are all-natural. None of that artificially colored, flavored, and sugared stuff.

We can make our own and come up with all the flavor combinations we want that no one ever sells!

• Like 3

Our surprise drop-in guests are gone and I'm recovering. Except that my skin around half of my bOOkshelf area feels like it has a major rug burn. :glare: Naturally, the website of the online store seems to have disappeared. Guess I have to go back to my stupid falling-apart ones. :banghead:

We have a Papa Murphy's near us but if I'm going to pay that much for a pizza, I'd rather have the restaurant bake it. I've ended up with too many cardboard-textured bake-it-yourself pizzas.

I had their pizza when visiting a friend, and it really is quite good!  Far better than the frozen ones, but they do require picking up the pizza in the store.  They don't deliver.

I'm lucky UPS comes to my house. At one point, they refused. Then they got over it.

I don't order pizza. Sometimes DH does. I'm sort of addicted to the GF crust I make, which reminds me--I have to make pizza crusts today.

I hope caffeine is medicinal this morning. I went to bed feeling so irritated and grumpy because I knew I'd be getting up again to do chores, school, cooking, chores, and then bedtime again. In one of those kind of moods this morning, too.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I had their pizza when visiting a friend, and it really is quite good! Far better than the frozen ones, but they do require picking up the pizza in the store. They don't deliver.

They are pretty good, but not worth the risk of trying to bake properly in my finicky oven. Little Cesaer's pizza costs half as much and are comparable, taste-wise. And just a couple extra miles down the road. Pizza pizza :D

• Like 2

You know what is amazing? I am a good cook. I can cook a lot of things. But I still have to look up how to hard-boil an egg in Betty Crocker.

Well, no wonder. You aren't supposed to *boil* eggs. Goodness. :001_tt2:

FB is abuzz with Instant Pot owners cooking two dozen eggs, all at one time, in 7 minutes. :D

• Like 2

Good Morning, you all!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

Busy day here:

*middle DD's birthday. Cake is not yet made, gifts are not yet wrapped

* oldest DD wants to go to the free volleyball clinic at the high school. It's been going on all week, and she hadn't been interested, but she ran into friend at tumbling yesterday and friend said, "you gotta come"

* second DS is starting Boy Scouts and has a meeting today.

* oldest DS has been bugging me about having BFF over to play, so I said "yes" and he and his sister are coming this afternoon.

• Like 7

The second grader or the kindergartener?

The fifth grader, actually!! She is my cat girl. Well, all my girls love cats, but oldest really has a way with them. She can even get persnickety Socks to cuddle with her, while the rest of us just get the evil eye and sometimes even a swipe with the paw.
  • Like 6

We got some more testing done this morning.  Dd12 asked to have the day off testing because she really does not feel well.  So I did testing with the other kids.  Including lots of dictation from me.   :glare:

Dd6 doesn't feel well either, but she was adamant that she wanted to do testing.   :confused1:  It helps me out, so I'm not complaining.

• Like 5