Menu

My kitten looks very exotic.

Ria

Beautiful. DD saw the picture and still wants THAT kitty...lol. Do you think a bengal can withstand a 3 year old girl that will "love him soooooo much". I am thinking we will wait until she's 4.5 and understand not to strangle her kitty when she hugs him/her. We are still considering a bengal.

Edited by lynn

Beautiful. DD saw the picture and still wants THAT kitty...lol. Do you think a bengal can withstand a 3 year old girl that will "love him soooooo much". I am thinking we will wait until she's 4.5 and understand not to strangle her kitty when she hugs him/her. We are still considering a bengal.

I think I love your DD, lol! I think 4.5 would be a great age. The wonderful thing about Bengals is that they are more like a puppy or a dog. Lily has to be where we are, she has to help us do everything, she comes when called, plays fetch, and, unfortunately, has decided that playing in the bathtub is lots of fun. I have to lock her out when I take baths these days because she jumps in the tub and starts splashing. I refuse to share my bath with a cat. LOL.

Ria

I think I love your DD, lol! I think 4.5 would be a great age. The wonderful thing about Bengals is that they are more like a puppy or a dog. Lily has to be where we are, she has to help us do everything, she comes when called, plays fetch, and, unfortunately, has decided that playing in the bathtub is lots of fun. I have to lock her out when I take baths these days because she jumps in the tub and starts splashing. I refuse to share my bath with a cat. LOL.

Ria

Are most Bengals like this? I don't know cats!

It's funny b/c we call our dog the cat-like canine (foxes are also referred to this way). He loves to curl up on our laps, lay in front of the heater and pounce on things.

Ria

:lol: Abby Grace would love that.

Are most Bengals like this? I don't know cats!

It's funny b/c we call our dog the cat-like canine (foxes are also referred to this way). He loves to curl up on our laps, lay in front of the heater and pounce on things.

Too funny about your dog. We call Lily the dog-cat. LOL.

Yes, most Bengals are extremely people-oriented, very athletic, and have an unusual attraction to water.

Ria

We love bengals! My aunt breeds them and it's been SO hard, year after year to not take our pick of the litters. But, my son is very allergic and it really messes up his asthma. But, I dream and when my son is all grown and I get to pick out one of those lovelies to have as my own...

Oh Ria! She is gorgeous! I had been waiting for an updated picture. :) Her markings are beautifully rosetted!

I know! I was really hoping the rosettes would be pretty, and they are. The best part is her personality, though. She's a doll! How are your Bengal and Savannah doing?

Ria

I know! I was really hoping the rosettes would be pretty, and they are. The best part is her personality, though. She's a doll! How are your Bengal and Savannah doing?

Ria

How would you describe her personality? I'm curious, because our Bengal is not skittish at all and she likes to sit in your lap, especially when it is cold. But I would not consider her affectionate.

The Savannah is crazy! She was very affectionate when she was a little kitten, then something changed. She likes to sleep on the bed, but will not ever sit in your lap. She tears around the place and loves to antagonize the Bengal.

The Savannah was just spayed yesterday, so she's not getting into any trouble today! ;) We're hoping that she'll mellow out a bit since being spayed.

How would you describe her personality? I'm curious, because our Bengal is not skittish at all and she likes to sit in your lap, especially when it is cold. But I would not consider her affectionate.

The Savannah is crazy! She was very affectionate when she was a little kitten, then something changed. She likes to sleep on the bed, but will not ever sit in your lap. She tears around the place and loves to antagonize the Bengal.

The Savannah was just spayed yesterday, so she's not getting into any trouble today! ;) We're hoping that she'll mellow out a bit since being spayed.

Lily lives for her people. Affectionate is an understatement...she prefers us to the other two cats. She isn't skittish, and loves to be with us. When she gets sleepy, she starts to cry and look for me (she loves me. Can I just say I'm loving this?). When she finds me she'll crawl up in my lap purring to beat the band. And she'll go to sleep, rubbing against me, kneading, purring, and even licking me. If she's not sleepy, she's my constant companion, rubbing against me and "talking" to me (she's got a very cute chirpy sound instead of a mew). Where I am, she is. If I'm not here, she'll be with whoever is here. She's a total baby. I don't think she knows she's a cat.

Your Savannah sounds like my orange tiger. He sleeps on the bed, and I do believe he loves us in his own way. But he will never let you forget that he is a cat. A real cat. Not a Bengal. LOL.

Ria