Menu

Non food Easter ideas

bookbard

My kid doesn't like chocolate or lollies - great for his teeth but it makes Easter tricky. In the past I've gone with soft toys or lego, but he's a tween now and not into lego anymore (and has a billion soft toys). I'm trying to think of other non junky things that would be fun, might be consumable, but not a huge 'gift'. I still have a bunch of plastic eggs that I could put things in to find - but what?

My teen and tween collect little enamel pins. They make great Easter egg stuffers, and then they pin them on backpacks, clothes, whatever. DD also has a canvas banner made to display her collection.

The pins come in all sorts of themes. This year we are doing pop art for DS and dragons and mushrooms for DD. 

• Like 5

My mom used to do things like a new toothbrush and mini-toothpaste, etc., lol. You might roll up a t-shirt with a favorite theme, granola bars, a book, mini puzzle type book. Roll up a magazine about a favorite topic.

Edited by Jaybee
  • Like 2

Adding that the enamel pins are egg stuffers. For baskets, what about things like t-shirts or special interest things (whatever kids are into — special interest themed goodies or clothing)? Art supplies, if they are into art, etc.

Edited by Spryte

We would have indoor Easter egg hunts with our daughter. After she found all the eggs (in the living room), she'd open them and one would have a hint to the location of the next clue. (As she got older, she might need to do a math problem to know what page of a book to look at or she might need to translate a word  or phrase to solve a clue.) Ultimately, she'd locate her Easter basket.

Some non-edible suggestions (I often bought items secondhand) ~

Books

Magazines

Socks

Puzzle

Art pencils

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 2

Our go-to spring gifts are:

- Socks, and undergarments

- Arts and crafting supplies

- Spring sporting, outerwear, footwear, or clothing needs

You might consider digital options like: credits for audiobooks, the in-game currencies of things he already plays, or spotify-type subscriptions

Stickers, enamel pins, buttons, backpack clips, change, write a prize on a piece of paper and put in the egg (for a bigger prize, put one letter in each egg for a word scramble to solve), adult coloring books, small craft kits, coupon for lunch out. 

10 hours ago, mommyoffive said:

Each kid gets a color with the same number of eggs and same amount of money.

We did the colored eggs as well, only 2 kids so they got a few colors each. Our homeschool group did names, and it seemed like such a nice way to even things up between the more aggressive and less aggressive kids. I have really fond memories of the kids waiting until everyone was done to check their stash, and helping the slowpokes find all their eggs ☺️

What about a T-shirt or hoodie with a cool print (a favorite hero, for example)? You can buy designing SVG file at places like Art4youSpace (I had a great experience with it) and order printing. I presented my nephew with such a hoodie last year. He loved it. 

Edited by Rosla

Last year we decide with tween to twenty something, we were done doing baskets and egg hunts and did minute to win it games. It was a blast and everyone wants to do it again this year 

Edited by saraha
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, saraha said:

Last year we decide with tween to twenty something, we were done doing baskets and egg hunts and did minute to win it games. It was a blast and everyone wants to do it again this year 

Ooooh… love that! We love those! Do you give prizes? I’m thinking our crowd would like that instead of a basket!

1 hour ago, Spryte said:

Ooooh… love that! We love those! Do you give prizes? I’m thinking our crowd would like that instead of a basket!

We did! Winners of different games got prizes, and then as the big game each person got five ping pong balls to bounce into cups full of prizes. I thought I made the cup with the $5 the hardest cup to win, but all 6 of them managed to get it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1