Should we open Christmas gifts early?

Soror

Should we open Christmas Gifts early?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we open gifts early

• Yes, go for it!
    • No!
    • Other

I found Christmas gifts for dh and I on Prime early access. (I just ordered my own gift) I'm getting a Vitamix after 10+ yrs of wanting one and years of using a janky one. I'm getting dh a massage gun. He would love a massage every day if we'd do it so anything that makes that easier is a big win. 

13 minutes ago, Hilltopmom said:

You are adults, you don’t have to wait for Santa to come in Dec to get what you want with your own money 🙂

use your new items and enjoy

Well.... that's what I think we'll see if I can convince dh. He'll of course want me to open mine early but will want to wait on his.

16 minutes ago, Indigo Blue said:

You can use the Vitamix to make soup. Now is the time for a warm bowl of soup. 😄

It would be hard to wait all the way to Christmas to use a new Vitamix after waiting ten years!

And, of course, if your husband needs a massage gun, he needs it now, right?

I've been so patient! 

I love soup--- 

And yes, I think he needs it too!

1 minute ago, kristin0713 said:

Open them and get something else for Christmas 😉

LOL, um that was all of my budget on us plus some of my personal money so we'll just do stocking stuffers and call that good! 

• Like 2

Umm, do you have cats?  You might need to be very careful about the Vitamix box.  It’s apparently the best box ever.  Just ask the Canadian middle aged lesbians.  Their cats held their Vitamix hostage for months.  (Vitamix eventually sent them an extra box, which did not dissuade the cats from the One True Box, but they eventually sent a second Vitamix, so the poor lesbians could have their Vitamix. Also they sent them a cat tree.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

I say open early and shift Christmas day to doing an activity together. 🙂

We're not celebrating on actual Christmas this year, due to work schedules, so our celebration may be a few gifts early or late and making ornaments during the two hours everyone is awake/home on Christmas day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terabith said:

Umm, do you have cats?  You might need to be very careful about the Vitamix box.  It’s apparently the best box ever.  Just ask the Canadian middle aged lesbians.  Their cats held their Vitamix hostage for months.  (Vitamix eventually sent them an extra box, which did not dissuade the cats from the One True Box, but they eventually sent a second Vitamix, so the poor lesbians could have their Vitamix. Also they sent them a cat tree.)

LOL. I just have one, thanks for the heads up 🙂

1 hour ago, Indigo Blue said:

Hey, Soror, which massage gun did you get? If you don’t mind my asking.

I got one but am going to return it as I found another with a better price and more reviews

34 minutes ago, GailV said:

The real question is whether I should also buy a Vitamix.

Ugh, why did you point out this sale. I never look at stuff like Prime early access, and ignorance is bliss.

Sorry! I don't usually shop either but I had some things already on my list.

38 minutes ago, 73349 said:

I would more enjoy looking forward to having the things for a couple of months and then opening them on time than I would starting to use them early and becoming habituated to them before the holiday, so I voted to wait.

You're no fun!

(just a note as I feel guilty my present is so much more than dh's--- last year I got him a huge (by our standards) gift and we don't usually do big things-- that and I've been wanting one for ages and mine doesn't work well I finally sprung for it)

I also found myself a new phone. We were just looking last week as dh has been harassing me for ages. Mine randomly doesn't work. I may or may not get messages. It locks up. 

And then I found some tennis shoes. I've been looking over 6 months for shoes and have bought and returned a couple of pairs and tried on dozens. No high hopes these will actually work but they were a good deal so I guess we'll see, thank goodness for free returns.

Honest I'm not a big shopper but had multiple things I'd been shopping for or needed to shop for so now as good a time as any.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Soror said:

LOL. I just have one, thanks for the heads up 🙂

I got one but am going to return it as I found another with a better price and more reviews

Sorry! I don't usually shop either but I had some things already on my list.

You're no fun!

(just a note as I feel guilty my present is so much more than dh's--- last year I got him a huge (by our standards) gift and we don't usually do big things-- that and I've been wanting one for ages and mine doesn't work well I finally sprung for it)

I have never heard of a massage gun but now I'm thinking I might need one.  The extra $20 off coupon certainly makes it a good deal (at least according to the prices posted on camelcamelcamel).  Everything else I've bought so far was items I had waiting in my cart to see if they would go on sale (sadly none of them have) but I bought them because I signed up for the free trial and by using to slow shipping the free digital credit stretches my budget a bit farther. 

BUt yes, those are such practical items, I see no sense in waiting till Christmas to start using them.

Edited by cjzimmer1
  • Like 1

I think it depends on the person.  I could open mine now and not be upset at all that I didn't have a gift on Christmas.  But I also know that isn't what everyone is like.  Some people would be really upset that they had nothing on Christmas. 

Dh got a crazy crazy deal on a massage gun last year for me.  I had him return it as I HATE mechanical massages.  I probably should have just given it to my dancers.  

I vote open and get more use, only if it wouldn't upset you or dh on Christmas morning.

• Like 2

DH has a massage gun.  He has a Flyby. He looked at some of the ones like you linked with all the heads, but realized that he only wanted the one that's like a slightly large golfball. Seriously, we use this several times a week -- he lays on the floor and I go up his back -- and it's ALWAYS the ball.

BUT he wasn't looking at this particular sale -- at the time he bought it, the extra-head-models were more expensive. So the Toloco you linked may be great. And maybe y'all will like some of those extras.

Edited to add that I'm definitely Team Don't Want Massage Gun Massages. But he loves it.

Edited by GailV
  • Like 3