Menu

Flu shots

Lecka

We just did well child visits at the end of August and they were not out then.  Normally our old ped would say to do it over Thanksgiving break time.  But that was before Covid.  All I know is I am getting them not with my covid booster.  I did that last year and I was sick for 5 days or more.  I don't know if it was the 2 shots together or what?  Spreading them out this year.  I think I want to wait until at least Oct.

• Like 2

I think just with logistics it would be good for us to get the Covid booster and flu shot at the same time.  It would be much simpler.

I don’t want to have people get sick, though.  

I don’t remember us getting sick before, but I don’t have a good memory for things like that.  

• Like 1

My family doctor says the shots last longer than they used to, but DH is more of the mind to watch the flu map. He was still diagnosing flu in July.

For us, this means November, sometimes late November. The CDC has published data, so you can look at previous years to see what cases generally begin in your area. It starts earlier in the south, IIRC.

If we planned Thanksgiving gatherings, we might move it up, but we don’t do big gatherings with indoor food unless people mask in all indoor settings for ten days or so ahead of time, so our likelihood of getting flu is pretty low so early. In past years, some family gatherings that we haven’t been there for have been flu parties. Christmas is really when it ramps up here.

• Like 1

One of my piano parents told me last night to get it along with my COVID Booster this weekend because they've had more kids admitted due to flu so far this year than they usually have. I often get one in the fall and then one in Jan or so at my immunologist's recommendation anyway. 

Edited by Dmmetler
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dmmetler said:

One of my piano parents told me last night to get it along with my COVID Booster this weekend because they've had more kids admitted due to flu so far this year than they usually have. I often get one in the fall and then one in Jan or so at my immunologist's recommendation anyway. 

It never even crossed my mind to get two. So smart!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dmmetler said:

Is it leftover flu from last year? 

I know it's been discussed that Covid is causing people to be more ill with other viruses.

• Like 1