Menu

Please pray for my canary; thank you, Sunny has passed <3

MercyA

I love you all so much. Thank you for your comforting and beautiful words about Sunny. I will save this thread. We miss her. DD says she feels like she has a hole in her heart. 😞  I keep kissing the box she is in. I take her tomorrow for cremation.

We are going to keep our eyes out for another rescue canary. They are hard to find. We are also open to taking a bird out of a bad situation if we can do it. For example, I saw a canary on the Chicago Craigslist, a two-year-old female, kept in a tiny, tiny cage. (I know how tiny it is because it is our exact travel cage that we use for the vet). I would have absolutely gone to get her but she had already been sold. 

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 11

46 minutes ago, MercyA said:

I love you all so much. Thank you for your comforting and beautiful words about Sunny. I will save this thread. We miss her. DD says she feels like she has a hole in her heart. 😞  I keep kissing the box she is in. I take her tomorrow for cremation.

We are going to keep our eyes out for another rescue canary. They are hard to find. We are also open to taking a bird out of a bad situation if we can do it. For example, I saw a canary on the Chicago Craigslist, a two-year-old female, kept in a tiny, tiny cage. (I know how tiny it is because it is our exact travel cage that we use for the vet). I would have absolutely gone to get her but she had already been sold. 

I'll keep an eye and an ear out for you, Mercy. I follow a lot of shelters and will let you know if I see a canary.❤️

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Selkie said:

I'll keep an eye and an ear out for you, Mercy. I follow a lot of shelters and will let you know if I see a canary.❤️

Thank you for finding us Sunny. 💛 She changed our life and hopefully we changed hers for the better, too. 

• Like 4

Just now, Selkie said:

This might be too far away, but this rescue in California has this canary and a few others:

http://www.mickaboo.org/bird/7083

And the SouthWest Exotic Avian Rescue in Las Vegas has a canary on their Facebook page (posts dated March 28 and April 10).

Thank you, Selkie! I had the Mickaboo tab pulled up earlier on my computer today!

Yes, too far, alas. I can drive but not fly. 

• Like 1