Menu

January- Healthy Eating Challenge- Week 2

Soror

I met my goals for this week, ya!

-2 servings of fish (goal 1); at least 1 serving beans and grains (usually 2-3), minimum 5 servings fruit and veg (usually 7+)

I ate too much trail mix, boo. 

This week I want to keep on- still would have liked to eat more veggies some days. I'll prep a lunch probably tomorrow to last 4ish days. I've not decided what yet. I will also pick some homemade 'healthier' dessert and maybe a breakfast food.

today--

b: greek yogurt, blueberries, homemade granola, pistachios

l: sprouted grain and bean mix, homemade baked falafel, hummus, mixed greens, tomato, and cucumber- olives and/or feta

s: smoothie? homemade dessert (if I make it)???

d: ?? maybe fish, maybe some burgers or soup- I ended up just eating a bit of leftover veg and chicken last night

• Like 3

I successfully have started intermittent fasting.  I still would prefer to eat in the mornings when I get up, but I haven't died, so there's that.  It's too soon to see if there are any actual benefits from it. 

My eating otherwise, hasn't changed from what I've been doing for years.  Though I have stopped having an extra piece of chocolate a time or two because I didn't want to have to cop to it on this thread. 

Today I meet with my Xena Wrangler (aka my personal trainer) so I'm going to break my fast a half hour earlier so that I can eat before I go.  I will take my glucometer with me just to make sure that my sugars don't get too low. 

• Like 4

Well, we just finished up Christmas Week (Jan 7th is Orthodox Christmas) and I think we were mindful.   Enjoyed our treats as treats, never over-stuffed, kept to a pretty normal meal schedule, so I'm calling it a win.  The fact the scale went down 1kg isn't meaningful in terms of weightloss, but it does underscore how being mindful makes a difference.

This week will be all about eating from the pantry as Omicron has snuck into our household, probably via husband's work.  I keep a pretty extensive pantry so we are set for a bit.  May need some eggs and milk by the end of the week.

So, goals are to continue eating mindfully--noting portion size, eating slowly enough to appreciate the good food I'm eating, keeping up on fruits and veggies, even if I have to pull them from the freezer.

• Like 5

I did well this past week and met my goals.   

Today, not so much though.   I am thinking through what I can and will do to make tomorrow better and be right back on track.  One off day isn't a big deal, but they do add up if I let it get past one.

We are back to school Monday and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed and not ready to go back (though all lesson plans are done and there is no reason to feel this way).   Just a down day.

Week 2 goals:  IF,  eating according to my food plan,  exercise (yoga) Tuesday.   *Main goal is to not let this day and my poopy frame of mind go past today*

• Like 4

Week 1 was good.

I fasted from 3 pm till about 8:30 each morning. It wasn't terrible. I mean I was hungry ,but I wasn't "eat my husband while he sleeps" hungry. 

One morning, I got up and got busy and forgot to eat anything. At 10:30, I was thinking "Why is my family SO ANNOYING! Ugh! They're horrible. What is wrong with them?" and then I realized that I hadn't eaten anything since 3 the night before. I was HANGRY. It's amazing how pleasant my family was once I had eaten something.

This week starts  my Daniel fast week. No white flour, no sugar, no yeast anything, no caffeine, no animal products. This is going to be harder, I think. I'll have to cook and eat quite differently. 

I have no idea what my weight has done and I'm doing my best to avoid weighing myself. That's not what all this is about anyway for me.

• Like 4

It's been okay. I haven't eaten breakfast unless I was going to do some serious exercise  and it hasn't been hard. It's not really a fast because I drink milky tea, but it's allowing me to eat as much as I want of good healthy food the rest of the day. I dipped below my personal upper weight limit today.

• Like 3

I met my goal of having greens and beans with every meal in week one. Here's to week two...

Breakfast: Salad greens plus a bowl of muesli (with white beans, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apple, walnuts, chia, flax, pumpkin seeds, walnut milk)

Lunch: Leftover samosas, several handfuls of pea shoots, and a lemon poppyseed WellBean bar

Snack: Mandarins

Dinner will be lentil shepherd's pie and a big salad

• Like 4

I mostly met my goals this week. 

i mentioned on last week’s thread about buying gluten free pumpkin bread and then eating too much in one day. I am now realizing that I binge ate it and that has got to stop! I am reading “Unprocessed” right now and this morning read a section on why people binge eat bread/carbs. I so saw myself in what she wrote! I had to drive past the bakery where I buy gf bread today and I was tired and frustrated and hungry but managed to drive right on past and not buy any! So that was a huge win. 

Today is wet and cold, but I got up and went to the local farmer’s market. We had a hard freeze last week and many of the farmers lost their crops, so there were only two farmers there with any produce. They had picked all of their harvest ahead of the freeze, so future farmer’s markets may be lean. I did buy beets, cauliflower, carrots, greens, pea microgreens and snow peas. Tonight’s supper will be homemade hummus with snow peas and carrots, plus a Mediterranean salad. 

Tomorrow is my birthday and we are eating out for a late breakfast, then out to supper. I picked where we are eating and already know what I will be ordering, so it won’t be too bad on the healthy eating plan. 

Edited by GoVanGogh
  • Like 4

Today: 

breakfast-oatmeal with pecans raisins and cinnamon, slightly sweetened with stevia

lunch—apple with natural peanut butter

snack—handful of pecans and some raisins

supper—roasted potatoes and carrots with a dab of olive oil and some herbs. Green beans with a dash of salt

i plan on making a bit of popcorn with just salt later.

• Like 3

I think I've had good self control and cut out unhealthy snacking so I'm happy with that. 

Late 10am breakfast, about 1 c cream of wheat cooked in whole milk.

1 peanut butter cookie. Ds wanted these and they are my favorite so had to have 1. I did 2 workouts today to make up for it.

Lunch - 1 cabbage roll, about 1 c red sauce. 1/2 slice whole wheat bread

Snack - about 1 cup sliced bell peppers with hummus

Dinner - large salad, peach BBQ chicken thigh, roasted sweet potato with salt, corn, 1 mini cornbread muffin

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Soror said:

Week 2---

How did your first week go? 

Did you meet your goals? What do you need to change? What did you do well? 

What can you do this weekend to make this week a better one? 

Small changes are worth doing! It adds up.

Oy. Holding the line was hard with ds at home. I try to not snack after dinner, but there was ice cream or popcorn every night. Dh feels like it’s party time when ds is around, so lots of ping-pong and board games and snacks. Wonderful to be together but hard to resist the junk food. My daytime habits were solid, eating whole foods and plenty of fruit and veg, but the evening snacks were ever-present. I ate a moderate serving each time but don’t feel good about snacking so many evenings this week.

This week I’d like to not eat junk. Just healthy, nutritious food with no evening snacks. 

• Like 3

I met my goals, which I feel were small. I think I need to make small changes so they will keep. 

This week:

• Up the water to 80 oz
  • Do 10 hour window of eating
  • Journal what I eat
  • Continue having sugar in coffee and only having a sweet treat on weekends 
Edited by mom31257
  • Like 3

I did a lot of stress eating yesterday afternoon and broke my no chocolate rule. I still managed to meet all my goals although I barely squeaked in the fruits and veggies. Today is a new day but still feeling rather down about several things. I'm just going to try my best to keep to eating well.

• Like 3

So yesterday I worked out extremely hard with my personal trainer.  My shoulders feel like ground hamburger still.  I didn't take anything like Aleve last night because I would have had to take it with food.  And paradoxically my blood sugars were high all afternoon yesterday after my workout but maybe not totally paradoxically because I did have some brown rice at dinner.  Anyway. . .   just keeping that in mind.

I started IF last Tuesday.  So it hasn't even been a week yet.  My goal at first was to maybe eat breakfast on the weekends.  I figured out yesterday that I could still fast until 11:30 instead of 12 so I feel like I could still honor the fasting part.  Now it's Sunday here.  Dh is a pastor so we often don't get away from church until close to 1 pm.  Can I go an extra hour of fasting without my bloodsugars crashing?  I'm thinking that I will take a peeled hardboiled egg with me and some chocolate so that I can have food if my sugars start to go in the basement.

Just thinking aloud here. . . .

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Soror said:

I did a lot of stress eating yesterday afternoon and broke my no chocolate rule. I still managed to meet all my goals although I barely squeaked in the fruits and veggies. Today is a new day but still feeling rather down about several things. I'm just going to try my best to keep to eating well.

It's hard to keep going with lots of stress.

Today

Lunch - quinoa and kale patty with grilled Mediterranean veg. Apple with yoghurt.

Snack - cashew and date bar

Supper - Black bean soup. We are running errands, so a flask of soup is the best I could manage 

• Like 2

Breakfast: Microgreens, muesli w/ beans (today I added figs along with my usual assortment of berries, apple, seeds, and walnuts)

Lunch: Leftover pasta and beans with broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots

Snack: Mandarins and a WellBean bar

Dinner will be salad and quinoa with black beans, sweet potato, red pepper, pumpkin seeds, and cashew queso.

I spent an hour or so this afternoon prepping food for the week - I ground flaxseed, made quinoa, and roasted veggies, sweet potatoes, and mushrooms. It makes my life a lot easier to have healthy food prepped and ready to go in my fridge.

• Like 6

Fasted all morning (with the exception of communion 😉 ). Didn’t need my hard boiled eggs despite not eating until 1:30. 

lunch-  scrambled eggs, bacon, half a gluten free pancake, the crunchy top off of hash browns and some hot chocolate. Not healthy. But don’t really care too much. 

no snack 

dinner- salad (mixed greens, carrots, sugar snap peas, turkey, poppyseed dressing)

hard boiled eggs 

• Like 3

@Selkie, I'm fascinated by the WellBean bars you've mentioned. I will need to order some & try them.

I don't have concrete goals other than to get back into eating healthier, including a lot more of the "daily dozen" into my day. My mom is at end of life & I've had a lot of very long, very stressful caretaking days since July/August. The past week or so, I've tried to actively at least look at what I have & make a plan for my (healthy) breakfast, especially for the days when I'm going to be heading out the door for 12+ hours of caretaking. At least that way in the morning (I'm not a morning person), I know what I'm eating & that it will be healthy & sustain me even if the rest of my eating that day is spotty or delayed or whatever.

So, tonight, I made the Greek Black-Eyed Peas and Spinach from the Olive Tomato website (mentioned here; whoever mentioned it, thanks). A cup of it will be my breakfast tomorrow for what will be a busy day. It may also end up being my dinner too. I had a small bowl tonight (we were eating something else for dinner) & it's quite tasty. I'm pleased with the way it came out. I did make modifications because I used what I had on hand (crowder peas; frozen spinach; dried parsley; bottled lemon juice; no red pepper on hand so I added paprika when cooking; tapioca flour as a thickening agent).

Edited by Stacia
  • Like 6

You guys…

my dd wanted Cracker Barrel for her 20th birthday dinner. So we went.

since my fast is primarily a spiritual journey over a physical one, I didn’t cheat.

but dang it.

they got beignets.

French toast

chicken fried chicken smothered in gravy.

catfish

shrimp

and on the table a huge basket of biscuits.

I had a salad with no ham or cheese, corn and a fruit cup.

sigh.

It’s been a good day though.

my morning oatmeal, with raisins and nuts

vegan Mexican vegetable soup 

2 cuties tangerines for snack

and my Cracker Barrel dinner.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Stacia said:

@Selkie, I'm fascinated by the WellBean bars you've mentioned. I will need to order some & try them.

Love them. They are my go-to for snacks and dessert, and I always keep one in my purse in case I need a quick meal when I'm out and about. Lemon poppyseed is my favorite, and sunflower fig is great, too.

• Like 2

I'm super happy. I weighed and measured myself on 12/26. I weighed in this morning and have lost 4.5 lbs and lost 2" in hips, 1.5 in waist, 1 at Navel, 1 on thigh, 1 on upper arm and .5 on calf. I can't believe so much moved so fast, but when I measured I was both bloated from excess holiday treats and my period so 2 weeks of healthy eating and moderate exercise seemed to do a lot. It is good encouragement for me to continue even though I miss baked goods.

Breakfast - black tea, 2 scrambled eggs, 1 small slice homemade whole wheat toast with homemade blueberry jam. It's low sugar jam but tasted so sweet after mostly removing sugar from my diet.

Lunch - 1/2 sandwich. 1 slice whole wheat bread, 3 slices pastrami with mustard and tomatoes. 1 clementine

Dinner - cleaned out fridge tonight. 1/2 plain sweet potato, 1/2 c plain corn, large salad with butternut squash, salmon and balsamic vinegar, 1/2 peanut butter cookie. 1 large apple.

Edited by Spirea
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, fairfarmhand said:

You guys…

my dd wanted Cracker Barrel for her 20th birthday dinner. So we went.

since my fast is primarily a spiritual journey over a physical one, I didn’t cheat.

but dang it.

they got beignets.

French toast

chicken fried chicken smothered in gravy.

catfish

shrimp

and on the table a huge basket of biscuits.

I had a salad with no ham or cheese, corn and a fruit cup.

sigh.

It’s been a good day though.

my morning oatmeal, with raisins and nuts

vegan Mexican vegetable soup 

2 cuties tangerines for snack

and my Cracker Barrel dinner.

That's self control.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Spirea said:

That's self control.

I had to keep telling myself. It's just food. I can eat it or not. I can come back some other time. This is not the only time this will ever happen.

It was HARD! I will not lie. I drank my water and focused on the conversation and the joy that my family got from being together and enjoying the meal.

• Like 8

Yesterday was better, not as much chocolate. Good meals still. I had some gf cookies- but they were homemade (dd made them). I never did make a healthier dessert, need to get on that today.

b: smoothie- pb, choc, 1/2 banana, cherries, unsweet almond milk

eggs w/ leftover dinner veggies (eggplant, zucchini, potatoes)

l: making some sort of soup- I'm thinking a lentil curry sounds good

d: sundried tomato pasta w/ mushrooms and chicken

s: hummus and veg

• Like 2

Lunch: brussel sprouts, leftover falafel, Jerusalem artichokes, yoghurt/mint/tahini dip

Snack: carrot sticks with Marmite quark

Supper: crispy tofu with balsamic tomatoes, steamed broccoli, bulgar wheat.  Prunes.  I haven't done that tofu recipe before - I'll report back:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1022852-crispy-tofu-with-balsamic-tomatoes

• Like 2

Skipped week one because we were sick with covid. Oddly, a side effect of covid was that I was hungry ALL the time. Dh had the same issue. But even so, I made good enough decisions and just took care of my body.

Breakfast was eggs and sausage. 

Lunch will be a wrap with lunch meat, spinach, mushroom, and mustard. Plus a protein shake if I need it.

Dinner will be baked chicken thighs with a citrus blend rub, roasted cauliflower, a salad and rice for those who want it.

Snack options are carrots, tomatoes, apple, and yogurt.

Since I'm still recovering from covid I will not be working out this week. I will stay active by catching up on chores and deep cleaning/reorganizing the kitchen.

• Like 4

My fasting sugars are really low (as in normal healthy person low). But this means that I will have to closely monitor so that I don’t go too low.  I will test in a minute to see if it's safe to take my normal diabetes meds.  *  just tested.  My sugars are going up again probably in response to my sugars having been low.  Don't know if my liver will get the message sometime soon that it doesn't have to pump out glucogen every time I get into normal person territory.  I hope that it does.  So I guess that I will take my usual meds after all.  But continue the fasting in hopes that my body will adjust with time to the new normal. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Laura Corin said:

Lunch: brussel sprouts, leftover falafel, Jerusalem artichokes, yoghurt/mint/tahini dip

Snack: carrot sticks with Marmite quark

Supper: crispy tofu with balsamic tomatoes, steamed broccoli, bulgar wheat.  Prunes.  I haven't done that tofu recipe before - I'll report back:

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1022852-crispy-tofu-with-balsamic-tomatoes

The crispy tofu and tomatoes worked really well. The only change I would make would be to add the salt and pepper to the cornstarch mixture rather than seasoning the tofu directly - it just fell off.

• Like 2

Breakfast started off with microgreens and strawberries. Next was a muesli/bean bowl with peaches, mango, pineapple, figs, blueberries, blackberries, apple, walnuts, 3 seeds, and walnut milk.

Lunch was a bed of greens with quinoa, black beans, roasted veggies (broccoli, red pepper, sweet potato, mushrooms), scallions, cilantro, and cashew queso

For snack, I am going to finish up the strawberries and probably have an orange or two

Dinner will be panini sandwiches with portobellos, roasted red peppers, spinach, avocado, hummus, scallions, garlic, herbs, and balsamic vinegar. Oven fries on the side.

• Like 5

I've been sort of incidentally easing into IF. On Saturday I didn't have anything other than La Croix and tea until 5:30pm. It wasn't fun, but I was actually so busy that I just pushed through the gnawing hunger pangs. I had two waves of that--bordering on nausea. I just sipped unsweet iced tea until it passed each time. I don't plan on making a habit of that. 

My big fail was last night. I had red wine. And I over did it a little. My mother (with whom I went no contact a few months ago) texted me out of the blue requesting that I bring something to her that I had borrowed. I'm not setting foot on their property. Dh offered to take the thing and drop it off on their porch, but I'm really not even comfortable with him setting foot on their property. Just ignore this--it's for another thread. I have people at church who will help me if it comes to that. It just really stressed me out. But yeah--I cannot afford to be drinking calories. 

Edited by popmom
  • Sad 2

Breakfast - black tea, 1/3 c Oatmeal cooked in water

1 c green tea

Lunch - sandwich, 1 slice homemade whole wheat, 3 slices pastrami, tomatoes, mustard

Snacks - a few apple slices, 2 clementines, bowl of fresh broccoli 

Dinner - big salad with feta (cheat but not much), small piece chicken breast, a couple fried potatoes (1/2 c), a lot of green beans cooked with tomatoes

• Like 1

Yesterday was a blech day.

Dh has covid. I'm feeling a bit icky myself, feels like allergies (which I don't have in the winter) and a bit of fatigue. Guessing I've got it too. I was just boosted in Dec, hoping it does the job. Dh didn't want a booster, as it had been around his work many times and he hadn't caught it he somehow thought he wasn't going to, well he got it this time.

I didn't get my lentil soup made as I had to go get him a test. 

anyway.... 

b- granola yogurt bluberries? 

l- curried lentil soup w/ veggies and brown rice

s- carrots and hummus

d- chipolte black beans, veggies, etc

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

One week of IF and I haven't lost a #$$%% thing.  I haven't been perfect but I have cut an entire meal's worth of calories a day. 

OK - time for Xena to gird up her loins.  Last week I was getting used to the whole fasting thing and making sure that I didn't die from low blood sugars.  This week I need to add Xena workouts back to the mix while still making sure that I don't die from low blood sugars.  I'm mad enough at my body this morning that my Xena workout should be extra energetic. 

• Like 4

Last week was kind of a train wreck on many levels.  😞.   After some reflection, I decided that I was trying to make too many changes (in other areas besides just eating), so it just wasn’t sustainable for me.  I have stripped down my goals and so far (as in yesterday! 🙄),  things are going better.

Anne

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

One week of IF and I haven't lost a #$$%% thing.  I haven't been perfect but I have cut an entire meal's worth of calories a day. 

OK - time for Xena to gird up her loins.  Last week I was getting used to the whole fasting thing and making sure that I didn't die from low blood sugars.  This week I need to add Xena workouts back to the mix while still making sure that I don't die from low blood sugars.  I'm mad enough at my body this morning that my Xena workout should be extra energetic. 

1 week is often unlikely to see results. Because you could have lost 1-2 lbs but at any given time could have that much water weight. There's also a change as your body loses lower weight fat and gains heavier muscle.

I try to weigh in first thing Sunday mornings, naked, after using restroom and before drinking anything. I'll do measurements immediately after. That way, I can hopefully not have water weight and get more consistent results.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Today is ds9's bday. He wanted Dunkin donuts for breakfast and sushi for dinner. So, this isn't the healthiest days for me but it'll all be within my calorie budget.

Breakfast was a bacon egg and cheese on a plain bagel.

Lunch was a toasted coconut donut.

Dinner will be homemade sushi. 

I've gotta get some more veggies into my day today so I think if I get hungry tonight after dinner I'll have a large salad.

• Like 5

Breakfast: Microgreens and a muesli/bean bowl with pistachios, walnuts, figs, blueberries, apple, 3 seeds, walnut milk

Lunch: Veggie wrap with hummus, Everything Bagel seasoning, roasted broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato, mushrooms, microgreens, and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar

Snack: An apple (I got some Envy apples and they are SO good, although I dislike the name...) and a couple Olina's Simply Seeds flatbread crackers

Dinner will be tacos with crispy tofu, brown rice, chickpeas, guacamole, cashew sour cream, shredded red cabbage, pickled red onions, salsa

I think I will make some tofu/cacao maca pudding for dessert.

• Like 3

My mom showed up on my doorstep today. My husband went to the door and gave her the thing. Then of course she went off about me. I was holed up in my bedroom—shaking. It’s over now.  I’ll discuss with my counselor how to avoid this in the future. 

Fortunately, there’s no wine in the house. 😉 I am indulging in a large Diet Coke which isn’t at all healthy. Note to self: do not take the dog to McDonald’s on an empty stomach. I ordered a Filet O Fish no cheese/add shredded lettuce. The lettuce makes it ok, right? 😂

I haven’t planned dinner, but it will definitely include veggies. I will not be over my calorie budget, so I’m good there. 

• Like 2

So far, meh? My food choices are either fabulous or abysmal, no in-between.

We had guests on Sunday, so I had super-healthy food that was home-cooked and awesome except for the sweet potato pie for dessert (le sigh). Granola for breakfast, rice/fish for lunch, pork tenderloin + wild rice + green beans + salad for dinner. Then the pie for dessert. I console myself that the pie at least contained actual sweet potato and had a nut crust, but unfortunately there's just a lot of sugar in any pie.

Yesterday was more of a struggle. Great start with a mushroom/onion omelette and strawberries. Lunch was a carb fest with gluten-free homemade pletzel (kind of like focaccia with onion and poppy seeds) and also a GF sweet roll with coffee. I had fruit and a couple breakfast sausage links. Not the best lunch. Then for dinner dh and I had homemade guacamole and then finished the last of the sweet potato pie while we watched a movie. Not sure if dinner counts as vegetarian and healthyish because of the guac or if the tortilla chips and pie cancel out all gains.

Today I had granola and a banana for breakfast and street tacos (just beef with avocado on corn tortillas) with canteloupe for lunch. 2 squares of dark chocolate and some tea at 4pm. So far so good. The plan for dinner is to use up some spaghetti meat sauce with squash and GF gnocchi. Perhaps a salad as well.

Cheats: chips, sweet roll, and sweet potato pie. Neither chips nor pie are left in the house, so here's hoping for more good food choices all week.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, popmom said:

I've been sort of incidentally easing into IF. On Saturday I didn't have anything other than La Croix and tea until 5:30pm. It wasn't fun, but I was actually so busy that I just pushed through the gnawing hunger pangs. I had two waves of that--bordering on nausea. I just sipped unsweet iced tea until it passed each time. I don't plan on making a habit of that. 

My big fail was last night. I had red wine. And I over did it a little. My mother (with whom I went no contact a few months ago) texted me out of the blue requesting that I bring something to her that I had borrowed. I'm not setting foot on their property. Dh offered to take the thing and drop it off on their porch, but I'm really not even comfortable with him setting foot on their property. Just ignore this--it's for another thread. I have people at church who will help me if it comes to that. It just really stressed me out. But yeah--I cannot afford to be drinking calories. 

I have found if I drink a flavored water or anything but regular water, mineral water, or black plain tea I get pretty bad hunger pains. Maybe try cutting out the lacroix until your eating window and that will help? So sorry about your mom. Sounds like you deserved the wine. Hugs!

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I read Gin Stephens' Feast.Fast.Repeat. book and she recommends weighing each day then taking the average (if you're going to weigh at all). Sometimes you can see that the average is trending down and that can be helpful. I also read there, and elsewhere, that it can take a few weeks or so before you see consistent results. Keep at it! The fact that your sugars are regulating a little bit is a huge victory!!!

I started IF with focusing on a clean fast on January 1st and I'm down 10 pounds (I have a lot to lose) but the best thing about it is that I have a ton of energy - so much so that I'm not taking an afternoon nap at all which is almost unheard of for me (I liken myself to a Koala. LOL!) With a clean fast I'm finding that I'm not hungry much until close to my eating window and I don't have any hangriness or other emotional challenges either. I'm currently focusing on keeping to the clean part of the fast and eating what I want in my window. After a month or so I might look at making some changes in what I eat during the window but right now it's been freeing to not have to put rules on what I'm eating.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, importswim said:

I started IF with focusing on a clean fast on January 1st and I'm down 10 pounds (I have a lot to lose) but the best thing about it is that I have a ton of energy - so much so that I'm not taking an afternoon nap at all which is almost unheard of for me (I liken myself to a Koala. LOL!) With a clean fast I'm finding that I'm not hungry much until close to my eating window and I don't have any hangriness or other emotional challenges either. I'm currently focusing on keeping to the clean part of the fast and eating what I want in my window. After a month or so I might look at making some changes in what I eat during the window but right now it's been freeing to not have to put rules on what I'm eating.

Thanks.  I started the IF last Tuesday so I weighed today (Tuesday) for a one week weigh in. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, importswim said:

Oh yeah, that part wasn't response to you. That was just me posting my info on the thread!

How was your workout!?!

Good.  It was my 46 minute hard abs Xena workout.  (Designed by my personal trainer for me.)  I did it still during my fasting period and did ok.  But my sugars were elevated for some non-food reason this morning so I think that covered it.  I ate about 45 minutes after the workout and my sugars were low but not super low or anything.  Just a nice number. 

I try to do my personal trainer workouts (which include resistance training and dumbbells as well as body weight exercises) a couple of times a week with some recovery time in between. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good.  It was my 46 minute hard abs Xena workout.  (Designed by my personal trainer for me.)  I did it still during my fasting period and did ok.  But my sugars were elevated for some non-food reason this morning so I think that covered it.  I ate about 45 minutes after the workout and my sugars were low but not super low or anything.  Just a nice number. 

I try to do my personal trainer workouts (which include resistance training and dumbbells as well as body weight exercises) a couple of times a week with some recovery time in between. 

That's great! I've hard that those sorts of exercises are really good to do (body weight exercises). I'm waiting a bit before I start doing anything other than walking as I just hit 40 and my knees started chirping at me. Trying to lose a bit of weight before I start anything that might damage them more.

• Like 1