Menu

What do you eat with chicken meatballs?

MEmama

I sub ground turkey in my regular Italian meatball recipe because I pretend it's healthier, or because turkey is on sale.  I have never used chicken, but I don't see why it wouldn't work equally well.

But you just inspired me to google and I have now found recipes for various Asian chicken meatballs that I am eager to try. 

• Like 5

Greek chicken meatballs in lemon cream sauce. It is, hands down, my favorite thing that I cook. My family humors me when I serve it every other week or so, which is a much more frequent rotation than my other regulars, but they like it also. I grind my own chicken in my food processor, breasts or thighs, and I grind a bunch at a time so I can freeze it flat in 2-pound quantities. I serve them over rice to soak up the lemon sauce.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ina Garten uses chicken meatballs in her Italian Wedding soup.  I have never actually tried it, but I don't think it's possible that the combination of Ina Garten, chicken meatballs and Italian Wedding soup could be bad.  That just doesn't seem possible.

Now, I feel the need to put in a new grocery order to get chicken and make this. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/italian-wedding-soup-recipe-1945517

• Like 2

BBQ sauce? We got some chicken meatballs in one of those Farms to Families boxes and I fixed them with BBQ sauce and had potato salad as a side. I remember because like everything except the bbq sauce and mustard I used in the potato salad came from the box and I was pretty tickled with that.

Edited by saraha
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Baseballandhockey said:

Ina Garten uses chicken meatballs in her Italian Wedding soup.  I have never actually tried it, but I don't think it's possible that the combination of Ina Garten, chicken meatballs and Italian Wedding soup could be bad.  That just doesn't seem possible.

Now, I feel the need to put in a new grocery order to get chicken and make this. 

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/italian-wedding-soup-recipe-1945517

That does look good. I can easily modify it for our preferences. Thanks! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baseballandhockey said:

This is really good and I just want to note that (in case anyone is tempted), turkey is not a good substitute for chicken in this recipe. The flavor is too heavy. 

• Like 1

I make chicken meatballs (prefer ground thighs tho) with ginger, sesame oil, and scallions too. We use them in brothy soup with bok Choi and rice noodles. They’re delish. I can/do use ground chicken thighs for anything that would otherwise call for pork like Italian sausage and breakfast sausage (I use the meat grinder attachment on my Kitchenaid. I find chicken breast meat, and commercially processed stuff, either too dry or too funny-tasting. They usually add vinegar and ‘rosemary’ to the blend which throws off my recipes.

Edited by Sneezyone
  • Like 4