Menu

is amazon really not shipping for 2-3 weeks?

i know this is a busy time of year, but i've ordered at the beginning of december before, and still had it delivered within 2 weeks. anyone order anything recently when they gave you that far out of an estimated ship date but in reality it was much sooner? everything's in stock....

i know this is a busy time of year, but i've ordered at the beginning of december before, and still had it delivered within 2 weeks. anyone order anything recently when they gave you that far out of an estimated ship date but in reality it was much sooner? everything's in stock....

I ordered the Sunday before Thanksgiving. The website told me I wouldn't have the stuff by x-mas unless I paid a lot of money for the express shipping. I stuck with the free shipping and had it the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.

I think regular shipping will get slower and slower the closer x-mas gets, but I think they are exagerating.

Was one of your items an "in stock but needs an extra 1-2 weeks to process" or some such? That could delay your whole order.

That said, I ordered an item (I do have Prime though) a few days ago that said it wouldn't ship until 12/30, and just today I got an email saying it will arrive by 12/17. So I do agree that *generally* they overestimate ship time rather than underestimate.

Yes and no. I've placed 9 orders between October 10th and last week. I ordered a Build a Road toy for my three year old's birthday. It stated it was "In stock" yet it took 2.5 MONTHS before it arrived. I contacted Amazon when I saw the estimated ship date was Dec 5th (my order was placed on Oct. 10th) and was told that the website stated "Item ships within 2-3 months" in very fine print on the confirmation page. It did.

Everything else came on or before the date they estimated. Build a Road will now be a Christmas present.

I just ordered yesterday, and it shipped today. This was with the free shipping. It was a book for school, so I didn't care when I got it. When I placed the order the website had Dec. 15th as the estimated ship date. Obviously, they overestimated.

If it were a gift for Christmas I might have considered paying shipping just to be sure.

Jennie

I've placed two orders in the last three days. One shipped the next day, paid for shipping on that one. The next says is won't ship until the 15th, free shipping, but my experience this year has been that they will ship sooner than expected.

That is with everything being in stock. I find their shipping prices to be quite reasonable compared to what I have paid at other places, so if I don't want to wait I just pay for shipping.

even with free shipping! The website said estimated shipping date would be Dec 12, but obviously not.

I think they give very broad shipping dates both to CYA, and to encourage people to get their Amazon Prime membership.

At this time of year, I actually figure they have to hire lots of extra help in their warehouses, and are probably shipping somewhat faster than usual.

Michelle T

Was one of your items an "in stock but needs an extra 1-2 weeks to process" or some such? That could delay your whole order.

That said, I ordered an item (I do have Prime though) a few days ago that said it wouldn't ship until 12/30, and just today I got an email saying it will arrive by 12/17. So I do agree that *generally* they overestimate ship time rather than underestimate.

Agreeing with this. If something isn't in stock, it can take a while for it to ship. But, otherwise, in my recent experience, they give very liberal expected ship dates, and ship much, much sooner.

I've done a TON of my Christmas shopping through Amazon this year and only one thing shipped after the expected date (by 2 days) and they sent a letter of apology. Everything else has shipped nearly a full week earlier than the date they gave me at the time I ordered. I've been thrilled with the service so far this year! :)

I ordered something Sunday afternoon with free shipping. The first part shipping that night, the next part shipped the following morning. I expect to see the first package tomorrow. I don't know where the other one is coming from, so I don't know when to expect it yet. Most items will say if they take extra time for shipping. Make sure you order those separately (assuming the orders would still qualify for free shipping). I have done 90% of my shopping on Amazon this year, and have been very happy so far.

I placed an order on the 1st. I've since gotten all of it except for four books (one of them had a 1-2 week ship note on it that I didn't notice until later). I'm okay with it not arriving in time, though. It's only one book each kid and will only prolong the Christmas season if it does indeed arrive in January as predicted by Amazon.:D I, too, have noticed that they really pad the estimated ship/delivery times.

and though at the time all of them were listed as "in stock" now one is listed as available 12/11 and another one is listed as available 12/14 so now i know they're waiting for those, and it will most likely be here for christmas. it doesn't

*really* matter...but we're moving out of state (waayyy out--1100 miles away) after christmas and i just want to make sure it gets here before we leave!

thanks, all-

j.

I placed two orders last Thursday afternoon. I received the first order yesterday. My second order (including a Wii) shipped out today and says it should be here on Thursday. I was holding my breath that they were going to send me an email stating the Wii went out of stock or something. One audiobook I ordered for my mom's gift still hasn't shipped. I am hoping it will ship soon or I will have to cancel.

I was actually shocked with Amazon because I ordered ds's big gift (a keyboard with accessories) on the 4th. It came with the super saver free shipping. I was expecting it to take forever and just get in in time for Christmas.

They shipped it next day FedEx on the 5th and it was delivered to my house on the 6th (Saturday!).

I just ordered yesterday, and it shipped today. This was with the free shipping. It was a book for school, so I didn't care when I got it. When I placed the order the website had Dec. 15th as the estimated ship date. Obviously, they overestimated.

If it were a gift for Christmas I might have considered paying shipping just to be sure.

Jennie

I wish I'd known this. I cancelled all my Amazon orders and went to Ebay and Half.com so I could get them in time. Everything was in stock but they estimated the ship date to be almost a week away.