Jokes & memes

Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Terabith said:

I actually think about this a weird amount. 

IMG_4774.jpeg

I don't know that this is a joke though but yeah. My little brother has Down Syndrome and can't drive. Car culture people basically tell him, he shouldn't exist or be allowed any freedom whatsoever.

Meanwhile, there is much anger in my town. A man ran over a retired dentist in a Crosswalk, in broad daylight, with other cars stopped and will not be prosecuted. He received a $100 ticket for failure to yield to a pedistrian. Basically 100 fine for killing someone. You can literally get away with murder. That is what pedistrian's lives are worth to driver's $100. 

• Sad 18

13 minutes ago, frogger said:

I don't know that this is a joke though but yeah. My little brother has Down Syndrome and can't drive. Car culture people basically tell him, he shouldn't exist or be allowed any freedom whatsoever.

Meanwhile, there is much anger in my town. A man ran over a retired dentist in a Crosswalk, in broad daylight, with other cars stopped and will not be prosecuted. He received a $100 ticket for failure to yield to a pedistrian. Basically 100 fine for killing someone. You can literally get away with murder. That is what pedistrian's lives are worth to driver's $100. 

I am so sorry. That’s horrific.  

23 minutes ago, frogger said:

To be blunt - that started with the "March of Dimes", any "defective" baby needed to be aborted.  My mother supported them, so I remember hearing all about it in the 70s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gardenmom5 said:

To be blunt - that started with the "March of Dimes", any "defective" baby needed to be aborted.  My mother supported them, so I remember hearing all about it in the 70s.

I'd be glad to explain how car culture destroys disabled peoples freedoms in a different thread but this is the joke thread.  I shouldn't have responded in the first place. 

6 hours ago, frogger said:

I'd be glad to explain how car culture destroys disabled peoples freedoms in a different thread but this is the joke thread.  I shouldn't have responded in the first place. 

I’m glad you did and glad you started another thread as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Drama Llama said:

You said that the idea that people with disabilities shouldn’t be seen in public was somehow linked to the March of Dimes.  Huge numbers of people with IDD, including children, were forced into institutions where they were abused and died at horrifying rates for most of this country’s history.  In some states, particularly ones that have governments that claim to be pro life, they still are.  The March of Dimes didn’t start that, and doesn’t support that.  They also don’t support abortion, they are neutral on the issue.  

I said the push to ERASE them started with the march of dimes.  they  wanted only "perfect" babies, and for all imperfect babies to be *aborted*.

image.png.8739ae2ab272cfb6abe0fcc9538e9f9b.png

Loved #1, 2, 4, & 5 - were all at the beach, NOT the school . . . 

#4 - really, not many would go down it while wearing a wet bathing suit (covered with sand . . .) after it had been sitting in the sun. . . . it was facing south . . . all the better to absorb those rays . . .

3 & 6 were at school in my generation, but long gone.  I remember a Bill Cosby routine about #3 . . where the kids fall off and break their arms and think it's all an adult conspiracy to get rid of the kids . . .

• Like 1