Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

1 hour ago, silver said:

I learned today that some government websites shut down overnight. The internet is not supposed to have business hours. Also, someone at Social Security needs to learn the definition of "immediate." 

"Our site is only available during certain hours; if you need immediate assistance, please call us during these even more restricted hours."

image.thumb.png.315b6f3db154d1742d3a4438763f5b31.png

I’m not sure what that has to do with jokes & memes, but it’s very common for all websites to run updates & database processes that make the site unavailable between midnight & 4 AM. It doesn’t mean anything is wrong, it means their web developers scheduled maintenance for the hours people are least likely to use the site. When our credit union changed their name recently their website was down overnight for about a week. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Katy said:

I’m not sure what that has to do with jokes & memes, but it’s very common for all websites to run updates & database processes that make the site unavailable between midnight & 4 AM. It doesn’t mean anything is wrong, it means their web developers scheduled maintenance for the hours people are least likely to use the site. When our credit union changed their name recently their website was down overnight for about a week. 

Edited

I realize that you were just complaining that what I thought was funny isn't. Sorry that my humor isn't good enough. I'll delete the post that you don't think belongs.

Edited by silver
  • Sad 1

56 minutes ago, Murphy101 said:

A fun fact - in some cultures (like South Korea) Christmas Day is a romantic holiday. They spend it with their romantic interest and spend new years with family. Learning that tidbit completely changed how I hear the song. 

In UK terms Christmas means pretty much the month of December,  rather than the 25th or the 12 days of Christmas.  We don't talk about 'The Holidays' - holiday is our word for vacation.

So George Michael was possibly saying, 'I met you at a Christmas-themed party last December....'

I attended my first Christmas event this year in Scotland on 30 November. 

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jaybee said:

image.png.b41858733d68ee872d05235f4e675d8e.png

I actually kind of like this. I mean, I wouldn't do it in place of a regular tree, but I think it would be a very interesting store display or something.

I like it, too. If I could physically get up there, I’d be tempted to try a smaller version in our foyer. 

• Like 2