Jokes & memes

Katy

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/30/2023 at 12:26 AM, historically accurate said:

May be an image of 1 person, apple and text that says 'Gabriel Roth @gabrielroth One good thing about apples is that they don't make you go through a lot of drama about whether they' re ripe or not, unlike some other fruits I could mention'

That's because the person who picked them already did that for you. I spend my time tenderly twisting the apples on my trees to see if they are ripe and ready to pick.

It's a bit like celebrating reduced harmful industrial emissions in one's own country when manufacturing has simply been moved to China.

Edited by Laura Corin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Might be a bit niche.  I'm studying the Morte Darthur for my university evening module and we have come to the passage about the famously romantic Lady of Ascalot, also called the Lady of Shalott.  The author explains that her home is, 'a town that was called Ascolat, that is in English Guildford'. 

Guildford is now the most boring of commuter towns.  The bathos made me giggle.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Katy said:

IMG_0963.jpeg

Ds1 did something similar to this when he was young.  I was playing tag with the kids and pretty much shattered my ankle (needed two surgeries and a full year to heal).  While I was sitting on the floor saying, "ow ow ow!" ds1 asked if I could still play.  I said no and he grumbled, "I wish Daddy was here."  🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Terabith said:

IMG_3999.jpeg

We got stuck behind two halfs of a moble home going down the middle of the freeway. . . 

so glad we had a carpool - the other two lanes were blocked.  This is a very busy stretch of freeway, even at that time of day.  (we'd just dropped two kids off at the airport.)

2021-03-22 09.59.30.jpg

55 minutes ago, Terabith said:

I dunno.  On the one hand, yes, no responsibilities really, but also no control. I remember being four or five, and I have no desire to go back to that. 

I've often thought a reality show where people have to live like toddlers would be a hit -- furniture too big, immersed in a foreign language, no choices, limits on screen time, eat what you're served, no meaningful work, unknown house rules, mechanisms for being 'in trouble' from the caregivers... they'd be tantrumming in no time.

• Like 10
  • Haha 5