Menu

Jokes & memes

Katy

On 3/25/2022 at 2:08 PM, wintermom said:

Actually, I don't think any pregnant wife would ever say that to her husband in the first place. (But I do like the photos of the guy walking a lizard.)  

I can't find it - but I have video of a guy walking a tortoise on the sidewalk of a major street near me.

She walked at a fairly good clip too.

3 hours ago, Terabith said:

F467C798-4E8C-4EF3-9FAB-D96629B00E85.jpeg

The cigarette is photoshopped in very poorly. Maybe the chicken is, too, though that was done with a little more skill. Why! I don't want to lose faith in jokes because of fake-memes. 😉 

ETA: Turns out this is a real image and not photoshopped. Perhaps my faith in memes can be restored (however it is disturbing to see images of children smoking).

Edited by wintermom
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, wintermom said:

The cigarette is photoshopped in very poorly. Maybe the chicken is, too, though that was done with a little more skill. Why! I don't want to lose faith in jokes because of fake-memes. 😉 

Not photoshopped. The photo was taken in Quebec in 1920 and is in the collection of the Library and Archives of Canada.
https://recherche-collection-search.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/Home/Record?app=fonandcol&IdNumber=3194087

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 8.43.14 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, wintermom said:

Oh, I didn’t think it was *supposed* to be a good photoshop. I just thought it was a clever illustration of a silly Mondegreen! 

38 minutes ago, Corraleno said:

Not photoshopped. The photo was taken in Quebec in 1920 and is in the collection of the Library and Archives of Canada.
https://recherche-collection-search.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/Home/Record?app=fonandcol&IdNumber=3194087

Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 8.43.14 AM.png

Now I've lost my faith in the government of Canada - and I'm Canadian. 🤪

That is a very disturbing image. I'd love to know the context around this photo. Please don't let it be something like a smoking cessation campaign - or even worse, a smoking advert. 😨