Jokes & memes

Katy

• Replies 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, SusanC said:

Or a rock. In retrospect, taping a rock to the bulletin board, while probably serving some deep educational purpose, wasn't my smartest move. Someone might even have called myself dumb as rock - after calming myself at 2am.

Having such a rush of memories. For context, please understand that for many years I lived in a high-crime neighborhood. That brings a level of high alert you never quite release.

Several years ago, I woke suddenly in the night to the sound of a hideous crash. When I say woke suddenly, I mean I was moving before I was even aware of myself. Moving to go Kill The Intruder Who Was Threatening My Children.

Poor dh got in the way.

He didn't wake up to the crash. No. He woke up to me going to Kill The Intruder and didn't understand The Mission because he never heard the crash. He slept through the kids waking in the night for years. Why would he wake up to a terrible crash?

There was a bit of a tussle, him saying my name frantically and asking what's wrong. Me fighting him off and screaming. Yes, literally screaming. I am dead certain they could hear me miles away.

Then the kids pitched in. "What's wrong?!?" Dh decided I was having a nightmare and tried to soothe me. Bad idea. By now I was fully awake but I couldn't get my stupid mouth to stop screaming. Finally I was able to stop fighting him off and screaming and I said defiantly, "I am not having a nightmare!!!"

To which my 14yo dd said from her bed, "Sure sounds like it to me."

And her 10you brother from his bed, "Yeah."

So I explained about the Terrible Crash. All three of them trying to soothe me. It was all just a nightmare. There was no crash. So. much. adrenaline. Because I knew--absolutely knew--that there was a broken window somewhere and DANGER. Finally dh decided that I was essentially sleepwalking and sleep talking (and to be fair, sleep talking is something I have been known to do on occasion) and that the only way to calm down The Situation would be to play along. He searched the house. 

It was a metal soap dish in the shower. The suction cups gave way and it crashed onto the tile. 

🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 18