Menu

New user names

Terabith

I couldn’t log back in after the last change in December, I think, and had already created a new account so I didn’t bother to contact the help desk.  I wasn’t a prolific poster, anyway, despite being around since 2002.  I used to be *Jessica*, possibly memorable as the creator of worksheets for Grammar-Land, and I think my profile pic was this 

AB1426A1-5A12-461A-A90C-7E98D18A65E9.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HeartString said:

I was able to change my user name without creating a new account. My other one was a bit to close to my name.  

Formerly Cnew02.  

Now I am dying to know what your name is.  I thought you were either 118 year old canoeist or the mother of an 18 year old one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BaseballandHockey said:

Now I am dying to know what your name is.  I thought you were either 118 year old canoeist or the mother of an 18 year old one.

Now I wish I’d just kept it and put a canoe as my picture!  That’s genius! 

pretty boring though, something close to Charlotte Newsom.  Cnew.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

@Not_a_Number  Please don't say it's because you are 25 years old because then I'm just going to feel super old. 

Hah, no. Although come to think of it, I'm 36, so I should really start using square_36! 

And I got square_16 originally because my birthday is on November 16th, and I was 16 when I started using that username. Then some places didn't have square_16, so I just took the next square 😂. And then I was confused forever...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

Hah, no. Although come to think of it, I'm 36, so I should really start using square_36! 

And I got square_16 originally because my birthday is on November 16th, and I was 16 when I started using that username. Then some places didn't have square_16, so I just took the next square 😂. And then I was confused forever...

Okay, so I"m old but not SUPER old.   

I used to have user name that was dottieanna29.  For the longest time people assumed I was 29 years old.  I've had that email for about 30 years so certainly haven't been 29 that whole time. 😉    It's because my birthday is the 29th of July.  

1 minute ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay, so I"m old but not SUPER old.   

I used to have user name that was dottieanna29.  For the longest time people assumed I was 29 years old.  I've had that email for about 30 years so certainly haven't been 29 that whole time. 😉    It's because my birthday is the 29th of July.  

Ah-ha! See, very similar 😄 . 

36 minutes ago, Not_a_Number said:

When I turned 36 (quite awhile ago now) my husband asked me if I was excited to be a perfect square again. I posted that on facebook and someone immediately shot back, "did you tell him that HE's a perfect square?" 😂

• Haha 4

On 4/22/2021 at 12:40 PM, StillJessica said:

I couldn’t log back in after the last change in December, I think, and had already created a new account so I didn’t bother to contact the help desk.  I wasn’t a prolific poster, anyway, despite being around since 2002.  I used to be *Jessica*, possibly memorable as the creator of worksheets for Grammar-Land, and I think my profile pic was this 

AB1426A1-5A12-461A-A90C-7E98D18A65E9.jpeg

Hey there, StillJessica--

Do you want me to delete your old account or merge the old one into the new one, or the new one into the old one? Let me know, and I can take care of it.  Deleting removes all the old posts; merging should keep them.  

Helpdesk

20 minutes ago, Helpdesk said:

Hey there, StillJessica--

Do you want me to delete your old account or merge the old one into the new one, or the new one into the old one? Let me know, and I can take care of it.  Deleting removes all the old posts; merging should keep them.  

Helpdesk

Oh, that would be great!  I don’t care which way you merge, I’m fine with either username.  Thank you!

6 hours ago, StillJessica said:

Oh, that would be great!  I don’t care which way you merge, I’m fine with either username.  Thank you!

Jessica/StillJessica, will you please send an email to this alias: support@welltrainedmind.com and tell me the emails you use for each account?  (I don't want you to post them on the boards...).  I want to make sure I am merging exactly the right accounts.   Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 3:38 PM, WildflowerMom said:

That boy of mine (one word). 
it’s in my siggy, but I know phone users don’t see that.  

Some of the more clueless among us didn’t see it, either, until you mentioned it. *** 😉 

***me. 

Edited by Catwoman
  • Haha 1

On 4/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, Not_a_Number said:

See, everyone thinks I'm telling people to square 25, but the point is that 25 is a square 😄 . 

I used to look at your old name and always read it as "5" => 25 is a square made from 5's! 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 11:43 PM, Helpdesk said:

Jessica/StillJessica, will you please send an email to this alias: support@welltrainedmind.com and tell me the emails you use for each account?  (I don't want you to post them on the boards...).  I want to make sure I am merging exactly the right accounts.   Thank you.

I totally missed this!  Emailing now.

• Thanks 1